It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Komodo Dragons ARE NOT DRAGONS- Get it right!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I don't think I have visited this thread for a whilt, but still, I think it is a reasonable think to be mad about, Stangerous. I mean, how could you possibly think Komodos are real dragons!?

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonoligist Zac
I don't know how many times I have heard people say, "The only dragon in the world is the Komodo Dragon." Or, ":hey
ragons exist: Komodo Dragon is proof
". It ticks me off. There is a difference between dragons and the Komodo other then the fact that they are reptiles.

Duh.

Komodo Dragons are called that because there large size of a lizard and they live on the island of Komodo in Indonesia. Seriously, just because it has dragon in it does not mean it IS one.

Der, duh dragonfly is a dragon 'cuz it got duh wurd dragon in it. Der!

Stupid comments...
ahem,,, attention (...) the dragonfly got its name because of its wings look it up i did

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deleted personal attack (name calling)

Please read the T&C's

For this rule;
2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

[edit on 19/12/06 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Komodo Dragons are only reptiles. I did a report on them way back in school. They do get as long as a school bus, but they remain a reptile.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I don't think I have visited this thread for a whilt, but still, I think it is a reasonable think to be mad about, Stangerous. I mean, how could you possibly think Komodos are real dragons!?

Ok step by step.

1. There are no dragons in the fire-breathing, flying, armoured sense

2. There are some big lizards called dragons

3. Therefore the only dragons that actually exist in the real world are KD's

4. KD's are dragons QED

Surely there are better things to get mad about??!

And Mr Myers - they don't get as long as a schoolbus.
Take it from one who's seen what the rangers on Komodo said was the biggest one on the island - I suspect they're more knowledgeable about KD's than anyone at your school

[edit on 20/12/2006 by Strangerous]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
ok, well played, Strangerous.

now, onto the next salient question:

are squids Cthulhu?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
ok, well played, Strangerous.

now, onto the next salient question:

are squids Cthulhu?

Whats cthulhu? some mutant jellyfish or octypus?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Cthulhu is the priest of the Old Ones, a race of godlike beings foreign to our spacetime. He came to Earth ages before mankind, and He sleeps beneath the ocean in His house at deep R'lyeh, waiting until the stars are right for Him to come again and restore His reign upon the earth.

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even Death may die.

-from the Necronomicon of Abdul Al-Hazred, the Mad Arab, regarding Cthulhu

[edit on 20-12-2006 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Nice, Strangerous. Logical and concise.

I love Komodo Dragons. I think they're my second favorite animal of all time--after the cheetah of course. Of course the animal that's in second place always changes with my mood, so it's probably going to be a different animal tomorrow. I can never make up my mind, except with the cheetah.

But, I do know I really like Komodo dragons. And I agree, they are dragons. They deserve the title, anyway.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Cheers guys.

It now appears Komodos are capable of virgin birth, could they be the origin of the Christmas story??

'Virgin births' for giant lizards

The largest lizards in the world are capable of "virgin births".
Scientists report of two cases where female Komodo dragons have produced offspring without male contact.

Tests revealed their eggs had developed without being fertilised by sperm - a process called parthenogenesis, the team wrote in the journal Nature.

One of the reptiles, Flora, a resident of Chester Zoo in the UK, is awaiting her clutch of eight eggs to hatch, with a due-date estimated around Christmas.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Stangerous, get outta my face. I am only a begginer, and btw, I stick to what I believe to. So, pleh.

To other people, the same for you to *headaches, giving me headaches*...and that guy with the alien for an avatar, that was a sarcastic comment. Puh-leez...

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just because they are called dragons, it doesn't mean one should assume they are the only examples of dragons ever. You don't know whether or not dragons once existed, or if Komodos were named after them.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
ISN'T MY POINT CLEAR ENOUGH ALREADY!?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien255

I don't know how many times I have heard people say, "The only dragon in the world is the Komodo Dragon." Or, ":hey
ragons exist: Komodo Dragon is proof
". It ticks me off. There is a difference between dragons and the Komodo other then the fact that they are reptiles.

Duh.

Komodo Dragons are called that because there large size of a lizard and they live on the island of Komodo in Indonesia. Seriously, just because it has dragon in it does not mean it IS one.

Der, duh dragonfly is a dragon 'cuz it got duh wurd dragon in it. Der!

Stupid comments...
ahem,,, attention (...) the dragonfly got its name because of its wings look it up i did

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deleted personal attack (name calling)

Please read the T&C's

For this rule;
2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

[edit on 19/12/06 by masqua]

Be nice, you cannot attack me!!

Why me...why me...why me...why the me...

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This thread is old.

Hm. This thread was interesting.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

This thread is old.

Hm. This thread was interesting.

Please stay on topic.

This IS an interesting thread...particularly the bit about Komodo Dragons and their virgin birth ability.

I never knew that part.

`````````````````````
spelling

[edit on 1/3/07 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
who am i to tell people that have 20 foot long lizards that can eat children and animals as large as deer that they aren't dragons. really could this and crocodiles and other large lizards not been the real source of dragons in mythology

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join