It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the passage of time taints the memory!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Over the weekend I ended up having rather a heated discussion with a good friend of mine on the subject of 9/11. I normally try and avoid this emotive topic with friends as it seems to have a tendency to open the proverbial can of worms. I ended the discussion by agreeing with him but I said I would go back to him and try to show him a lot or all of his ‘facts’ were in fact, fiction.

The reason I backed down, (apart from having too much beer) was he was so adamant in what he believed was the ‘truth’ I actually started questioning my own beliefs. My point is that the passage of time seems to distort people’s memory of events and what people forget they just seem to make up.

Here are the points that my mate believed were true. Some of the points, most here will just laugh at but there are a couple of points (6 & 7) that it would be nice to get clarification on because I haven’t seen them discussed before.

1. There was no such thing as WTC 7! “It was an elevator shaft or something! I’ve been there, there was no WTC 7 building” As I never went to NYC before 9/11 I couldn’t categorically say he was lying.

2. There was no motive for the attacks, no-one benefited.

3. 9/11 and Iraq are not connected.

4. “It looked like a classic controlled demolition but this was caused by planes hitting the buildings.”

5. “There was no central core to the towers; each was supported by the external structure!” When I asked him how the elevators worked in the building; “Well they worked in shafts in the middle!”

6. Each building was burning for in excess of 3 hours before it collapsed when I suggested the first one collapsed in under an hour the next point was made.

7. “No way man, I sat there and watched it for hours that morning on sky, they had this structural engineer bloke on there and before the towers collapsed he was telling everyone they were going to collapse.” Now I was at work so obviously couldn’t refute his story but does anyone here know of a report on sky with a chap predicting the collapse before it happened?

8. “Molten steel was caused by the jet fuel.”

9. “There’s been a full independent enquiry costing 100’s of millions of dollars.” Obviously he couldn’t name this enquiry apart from tell me the conclusions were that it was a terrorist attack that brought down the towers.

10. “There were at least half a dozen fighter jets flying around NYC as the attacks were occurring!”

11. “FEMA were not in NYC that day, NIST report doesn’t exist!”

12. “With modern technology it would be easy to orchestrate the attack from a cave in Afghanistan.”

13. “Those guy’s (the terrorists) were top pilots, well trained and easily capable of flying a modern commercial jet.”

I gave up exasperated after the next point, I think you’ll see why;

14. “What do you mean a plane didn’t hit The Pentagon? What the f### man I’ve seen the pictures myself.”
“What pictures of a 757 hitting the side of The Pentagon?”
“Yeah it’s been all over the news, where have you been for the last 5 years man?”

The guy I was discussing this with is a very intelligent individual and to be honest I was astonished at what he believed in. He is happy with what he has been told by the media and government and truly believes he knows all the facts. Unfortunately I feel it will be very difficult for the ‘truth movement’ to convince people like this otherwise.

MR

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I can't agree more. Especially with Joe Vidal.

"We live in the United States of amnesia. Nobody remembers past last weekend."

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Have your friend watch this video.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-11-2006 by etshrtslr]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
etshrtslr.

Yeah I thought about sending him a link to the myths video. It's a well put together production presented in a better way than loose change.

However, I just feel it really is impossible to get through to him. He believes what he has been told and what he has seen with his own eyes, regardless if I think the passage of time and other influences has distorted his recolection of events.

His views, I hate to say it, are pretty much at the point of being fanatical. Quote from the other night, "They're w#g's man, fu##### r#g head w#g's, (this is in reference to the general population of Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran and any other country our illustrious leaders care to deem terrorist states) they live in the fu##### stone age! I say we just turn the whole fu##### area to glass! Get rid of them that would solve a sh## load of trouble, just turn these countries to glass!"

There are fanatical view on both sides of this and when you have views like this on 'your own side' what on earth can you do?

jinsanity, whos Joe vidal btw?

MR

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   

His views, I hate to say it, are pretty much at the point of being fanatical. Quote from the other night, "They're w#g's man, fu##### r#g head w#g's, (this is in reference to the general population of Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran and any other country our illustrious leaders care to deem terrorist states) they live in the fu##### stone age! I say we just turn the whole fu##### area to glass! Get rid of them that would solve a sh## load of trouble, just turn these countries to glass!"

I have a friend who thinks and says the same things, married, several kids respectable job. Ive had one discussion with him about 9-11 being an inside job and he laughs at the notion regardless of the facts you present to him.
I have come to the conclusion that no amount of evidence will ever convence him. He has bought the official story hook line and sinker along with many other sheeple in this country.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Why is it so hard to believe what his friend thinks? I mean after all, many of you believe these ridiculous stories about micronukes, radio controlled airliners, George Bush personally directed the attacks, NORAD standing down, CIA covering up evidence, the DOD trying to hide 30 years of accounting mistakes etc...........

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Swamp,

My mates views are so misinformed and so way out there that I think even some of the 911 truth debunkers would have to admit that he hasnt got his facts srtaight; no wtc 7, no cores, fighter jets, intependent enquiries etc

These "ridiculous stories" exist on both sides of the fence, its just some people are willing to listen and debate the arguments, others aren't.

I just feel its the passage of time and biased media which have formed these views for alot of people.

They will not even consider looking at the 'other side', to them it is an 'open and shut case'.

Or maybe they're just scared at what they might find!

MR

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
He's an author. He wrote a book titled The American Empire. or something similar. Talking about the rise of Imperialism in he united states geo political situation. Globalization and the like.

new topics

top topics

join