It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese copy vertion of Black Hawk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
China wanted copy Black Hawk for a long time. Now some key technique has already been breaked.

These model showed a varient vertion of Black Hawk develop from China in this ZhuHai airshow

Although there is another project that parallar with this called Z-15, Chinese still be absorbed to copy Black Hawk, there must be some interesting reason I thought.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The Z-15 is a joint development with eurocopter

Chinese helicopter market

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I really don't see an uncanny resemblance to the Black Hawk, nor do I think this is a "copy" of one. And what would be so difficult about making a general purpose chopper that would require any "copying" of a decades old design?

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
lol

these are just non-high tech domestic helicopters (even though they can be used for military operations as well)

and no one said china has designed them, they are joint developed with eroupe ( actually more like eroupean helicopter industry selling its technology to china, most chinese helicopters use french techs).

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
WP23,

Actually, I seem to recall we /sold/ the Chinese a fair bunch (say 20-30, enough to copy anyway) Blackhawks back-in-the-when of the early/mid 1980s when we were all snuggle boots with them (before we sold them our industry in trade for slave labour service economics).

And I also want to say that they promptly turned around and used their BHawk's high altitude capabilities to further their efforts to dominate Tibet or Bhutan or whatever the hell other Himalayan back of beyond they decided 'had been too free for too long'.

Of course we didn't sell them any more blackhawks after that which I'm /just sure/ made the Tibettans 'extremely grateful'.

Snort. Such nice people.

Of course there is also the reality that if these things are coming out of Eurocopter* it may well be as a violation of the Westland Brownhawk licensing agreement with the more powerful GTM322 engines and whatever other 'cross pollenization' can be accomplished behind closed doors in China between the EU'ians and the their 'customers'.

To which I repeat: /Such/ nice people.

KPl.

*I frankly don't know who EUrocopter now employs, it may just be MBB and Aerospatialle. It may be Agusta and Westland or even Mil/Kamov now too.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
And yet you not knowing doesn't stop you forming an opinion. Such a /nice/person.

AgustaWestland, who took out the Blackhawk license, are not connected with Eurocopter.

new topics

top topics

join