It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel and 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
One thing I've always been fascinated by is physical time travel. The ability to actually go forward or backward to any given event. I began to really think about this the past few days after doing some reading and watching The Time Machine. I've always had the hope that there are time travelers amongst us but we don't know of their existence for whatever reason.

Well I was talking to my dad one night (a large science/science fiction buff) about an historical event so large that would be the ideal situation to time travel to or witness in order to either alter history, observe, or obtain facts largely ignored initially.

My dad said that he'd rather go back to the Kennedy assassination. I believe, a better place to visit would be NYC on 9/11.

That being said my question is very large. Did anyone prior to 9/11 see anyone that just didn't fit or began acting hysterical about a situation? I mean most people would dismiss this person as crazy, wouldn't they?

Assuming it is possible, is there any evidence or "incidents" supporting the possibility that people have been time traveling to 9/11? Day of or prior to?

[edit on 26-11-2006 by Scottie318]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I do have a theory about time travel as well.

It is quite detailed though. I will post it in due time.

When you start looking into it it is not out of the realm of possibility.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I dont reackon there will ever be time travel hey...

Having the ability to repeat a day on this planet will never, ever happen.

Because the earth for as long as we are on it.. will turn the same direction, while it continues to drift around the sun.... thus causing 'days'

I believe in science,
but this is a big rock spinning due to gravity and magnetic fields..
Time is not what we know it as.. to us.. its a mean of measurement..
but in the reality of 'worlds' its just natural existence.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
You know, according to Einstein's theories and others, time travel into the past is feasable. Not into the future, though. You see, warp drive (yes, it is scientifically and theoretically possible, read on it here) would not only allow you to travel faster than light, but also faster than time. Time is relative. The theory is that if you can beat light, you can beat time. How would it work? Well, you would jump into your Warp Drive ship, blast off to the nearest star at super-light speed, and come back before you left. Simple.

My theory about how space and time interact goes like this:
Now, whether or not it is a good idea to try and change something is debateable. I propose that time is a very bad idea because it could disrupt the whole space-time continuum. You see, our universe is composed of many different dimensions. There is one for every possible situation and every different decision you make and every variabe situation of those different situations and every...well, you get the idea.

Anyway, since each dimension has a specific set of events, that are different from any other, any change in the timeline will effectively cause two dimensions to collide, and our universe would collapse in on itself, because something happened that wasn't supposed to happen. You think, "Oh, well then if I change my mind at the last moment, then it will cause the universe to collapse.
" Nope. Because that was what you were going to do all along. Any decision other than that is what wasn't supposed to happen. Too late. You lose.

Now, just think that there is a dimension for every decision you could have made besides that one. Now, lets say you go back in time and choose something else. Then you cause our dimension to become exactly, and I repeat, exactly like another. Now we have two dimensions attempting to exist in the same dimension. It just doesn't work that way. There's no logical or mathematical or scientifical way it can.

So, in short, no. I would not try to change the past.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I dont think Id want to go back, it was bad enough watching it on the news, it would be a thousand times worse in person.

Id go to see the 1st flight, watch the 1st moon landing, see how it was in Roman times, England winning the World Cup, QPR winning the league cup.

There would be plenty of great things to see, Sept 11th wouldn't be one of them.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Suppose somone from the future travelled back in time to see/record the event. Would they be on a rooftop recording the event like the israelis that were supposedly caught doing such?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
wow i was watching discovery and technicly it is possibly to go forward in time via black hole (go to the edge you will spin so faster you go forward in time)

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ive often thought about time travel in this regard (going back to warn others).

Sadly I dont think it would have an effect. Practicalities of time travel aside, if you could go back to 9/11, people would, as mentioned, just assume you were a nut.

If you went back to any other catastrophe AFTER 9/11 people would arrest you as a terrorist if you started talking of crashes or explosions etc.

If you went too far back, youd just be burned as a heretic or witch.

Itd be hard work to convince anyone you werent crazy. Youd need to predict alot of stuff over a period of time, and im sure by then 'certain' people would become quite interested in you, and you would never be seen again.

Safer to just go back and play lotto

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
what if this kai ken goku from dragonballz theory turns out. some scientist figures a way to turn into a kao ken and he glows and flys and is strong

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The only serious thoughts I have had about time travel, are more or less negative.

When I was younger (much) I often fantasized about travelling through time. but as I got older, more and more I realized how impossible it would be.

I don't think you can go back in time and actually exist before you were born, for instance.

Very interesting topic though. Very thought provoking.

Food for thought...

Time Travel is a true paradox, just like Schroedingers cat. Love that avatar, HeHasNoName.

[edit on 12/10/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I think this is a smart little test. Well thought up!

Perhaps someone calmly standing on the roof... like in that infamous photoshop pic. Or observing things in a detached manner on one of the aircraft.

Or, yeah, setting up a folding chair minutes before the event.

There's so much video footage about. Would be worth a bit of vigilance next time you see it.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
i'm with your father. if the JFK assassination was who we speculate it was and could prevent it the CIA wouldn't exist and their would be no secrets.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scottie318
That being said my question is very large. Did anyone prior to 9/11 see anyone that just didn't fit or began acting hysterical about a situation? I mean most people would dismiss this person as crazy, wouldn't they?

Assuming it is possible, is there any evidence or "incidents" supporting the possibility that people have been time traveling to 9/11? Day of or prior to?

Yes, there is evidence. And, that evidence lies within the collective consciousness of humanity, and the fabric of spacetime, i believe.

the coincidences are too many to not consider the possibility that time travel has been or was implemented, if not by humanity, then by someone.

coincidence #1:
the fact that when one folds american currency from the year 2000 that the progressive story of 9-11 can be seen in it's entirety.
$5 = two towers standing, planes coming from both sides.
$10 = the tower on the left has been struck and is smoking
$20 = both towers have been struck and are smoking
$50 = the tower on the left has fallen, the right tower still smokes.
$100 = both towers are reduced to smoldering piles.

coincidence #2:
Flight 93. the only aircraft not to hit it's intended target crashed after the towers were hit. put the two towers inbetween the 9 and the 3, and you'll have = 9113. 3 = trinity. (911 trinity).
9th letter of the alphabet is "I"
1st letter of the alphabet is "A"
13th letter of the alphabet is "M"

9 1 13 = "I AM".

coincidence #3:
What happens when you open a can of Whoop Ass?

It usually means WAR!!!! right?

What do you need to do to open that can of whoop ass?

Take off the lid, right?

Add (+ a Raid, and you have an attack, a robbery, a gang who is performing the raid.

But, what if this raid is seen across(t) Earth? one of the most ancient names for Earth is UR (from ancient Babylon, the first civilization).

Opened a can of whoop ass that always results in war when the lid is removed, add (+) raid with things stolen and killing performed by a group which is seen across(t) Ur.

add em up and: War lid plus raid seen across Earth.
War lid plus raid seen across Earth
War lid + raid seen across Earth
War lid + raid seen across Ur
War lid + raid seen t Ur
Warlid + rade seen t Ur
Warlid + rade cen t Ur
Wor ld +rade cen t ur
World +rade cent ur
World +rade centur
World trade centur
World trade center.

coincidence #4

the last time a plane flew into a building was October 11th, 2006.

write that date out as month day year and you have = 101106.

turn that date upside down and you have = 901101 (the last time before October 11, 2006 a plane flew into a building was 9 11 01.

Edited to add:

I guess what i am saying is that our consciousnesses already traverse time, but in order to accept this as even possible, first one would have to know what their subconscious mind is doing. If you are not aware of your own mind's thoughts, then any rebuttal is based soley upon your opinion and speculation. furthermore i would like to add that people only accumilate new knowledge if it can find compliance with pre-existing accepted facts within your neuro-net. so, essentiall the core of an opinion is whatever your first accepted truth was, the instinct of "Self Pre-serve", aka: "I'm selfish before i serve anything or anyone". Everything else stored within an opinion had to attach to this truth: "Self before i serve".
Perhaps if non-timewalkers valued the truth more than their opinions .....

[edit on 11-12-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scottie318

Assuming it is possible, is there any evidence or "incidents" supporting the possibility that people have been time traveling to 9/11?

Day of or prior to?

I would like to discuss this interesting possibility.

There are so many bizzare coincidences about 9/11, I don't think that this possiblity should be discounted.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d9a7279261e.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
what if i went back in time to 9/11 and recorded evidence, then came back to the future with it. did i just change the past or did i just change the future? and will there be consequences? or was that what was going to happen all along?

that's the sound of your heads exploding.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
'It's the chicken and the egg data! The chicken and the egg!'

'I believe what the captain is talking about is s paradox, an explosion of anti-time.'

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
time travel can occur in many ways

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
If I could go back to one point, I would have to go back to something real special and monumental. Perhaps the premier of a Charlie Chaplin film. But I wouldn't go back as me, I'd go in disguise and leave an "Easter egg" for later generations to find. Seems logical to me.

new topics

top topics

join