It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whys Cheney in Saudi?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...
www.voanews.com...
thinkprogress.org...

Wasn’t he meant to be in Iraq?
No no no, that was a mistake wasn’t it.

So why is the vice president meeting with the Saudi’s?
Bush is doing the tour at the moment to other regional assets.
Why wouldn’t he be dropping in on the Saudi’s during that trip?

“Cheney and King Abdullah met Saturday for several hours on issues key to both nations -- including the latest developments in Iraq, Iran's growing influence in the region, the status of Hamas in Gaza, Syria's diplomatic status, and Syria's influence in Lebanon's government, a Saudi adviser told CNN.”
www.cnn.com...

“Cheney's visit with King Abdullah was brief, lasting only a few hours before he flew back to Washington, but it underlined the two allies' concerns over upheavals across the Middle East, which many Arabs blame on U.S. policies.”
news.yahoo.com...

According to CNN,
Cheney was there to talk about

Iraq
Iran
Hamas
Syria
Lebanon

He flew from the USA to Saudi, on a Saturday… for what yahoo news says was only a ‘few’ hours on world issues affecting everyone, surely such a broad range of issues, ultimately effecting everyone would take hours, if not DAYS.. let alone a 'few hours'

Why wasn’t the President their talking about these issues?
He’s in Jordan this week…

Why was only a few hours needed to talk about such an array of issues that ultimately could make or break countries?

“The U.S. Embassy declined to comment on the discussions and Saudi officials were not available.”

If we ‘the west’ was their talking about how to better security for the region… why cant they comment, and why were saudi’s not available for comment?

Me thinks this was a ‘heads up’, a warning......especially is a saudi was used for something tragic......

Just my 2 cents.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Agit8

I suspect your alluding to the " Coming Iran Attack " with the above post ? if so then its not good to see someone like Cheney in the Gulf with 4 carrier groups in the persian.

Me smells war !

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Not nessecarily an Iranian attack,

But Osama is a saudi..
lots of our OIL comes from saudi..

It would be respectable to keep people in the loop when your going to use their national identitiy in an act of dispicable nature.

You dont fly half way around the world, and discuss major peace efforts in multiple countries.. in only 3 hours.

But you do have enough time to relay information, setup immediate retalitory plans... and agree on things.. in 3 hours.

Iranian attack...
nah.. Id expect them to be visiting Israel.

but an alqaeda attack?

that would be something to suspect.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The Wars and Rumours of war thing ? Im not buying into the predicting of what happens next as ive been misinformed so many times by people claiming to be on the inside, have first hand knowledge, ex-insider or fortune teller
no disrespect intended there Agit8 as you obviously do your research.

I strongly suspect though if Iran was ever to be "taken on" that period of time is now gone. China has shown her card ( NK ) and she plans to play it everytime the USA talks up atacking Iran. The reason is simple, China relies heavily on Iran for energy and would see an attack on it as a direct attack on China and its expansionism. To embarress the US over the "Iran will soon have nuclear capability" claim, North Korea ( Under Chinese Direction ) launches a few missiles or does an underground Nuke test to say to the USA if you want to go after someone who will soon have Nuclear Ability then why not go after us we aready have them and delivery methods but we are backed by a behemouth called China

Proxy Wars!

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The President AND the Vice-President of the United States BOTH choose this weekend to meet with leaders of the Middle East, outside of Washington, D.C. (which is notorious for leaking info to the press).

This is not a calming picture.

It is common practice amid high-level diplomatic circles, I believe, to convey the most sensitive, most urgent, information, in person, rather than by written or electronic means. Misunderstandings can thus be avoided, or clarifications profered without fear of interuption or interception.

I also belive that diplomatic protocol expects that the "bearer of bad news" present himself to the intended recipient on the recipient's "home turf".

Whatever George and Dick had to say to their respective hosts, I'm preparing for a long, cold winter.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
well it gets worse, iran is to unite with countries over there. these countries over their will unite with iran that will cause the" mark", of the end of times. as bible states, peace over there is the start of the end times. now i do not know my bible, but this iranian president, this is exactly what he wants is to rise up the peoples over there against his enemies and throw out the jews. when the jews return to zion. now , are we the zionists and we are to take in these people when the nations over there unite and kick the jews out of isreal so they return to zion. us.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
as an adding note.
how convenient was it that the latest bombings forced the closure of baghdad airport, thus making the Iranian PM and Iraqi PM's meeting have to be postponed.

Cheney in Saudi for a 3 hour meeting, on a saturday.. when the president is in the area already..

just isnt normal.

should something happen now, who would take charge in the US with the president and vice president out ?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Iranian attack...
nah.. Id expect them to be visiting Israel.

Don't forget Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert was at the White House just last week for talks with Bush.....no need to visit Israel on this trip.

Something has to give soon. Iran aren't backing down - in fact they're rushing towards nuclear technology at speed. The UN aren't getting anywhere - it's a stalemate with Russia supporting Iran and the USA supporting Israel....no chance of a unanimous decision there. And Israel will not tolerate a nuclear Iran - period.

The time for diplomacy is almost up. Maybe all these extremely high-level visits are a sign things are coming to a head...

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I dunno, I have my doubts.
Surely if that were the case, these meetings would be secret...

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlebird
well it gets worse, iran is to unite with countries over there. these countries over their will unite with iran that will cause the" mark", of the end of times. as bible states, peace over there is the start of the end times. now i do not know my bible, but this iranian president, this is exactly what he wants is to rise up the peoples over there against his enemies and throw out the jews. when the jews return to zion. now , are we the zionists and we are to take in these people when the nations over there unite and kick the jews out of isreal so they return to zion. us.

Maybe they all band together and kick our arse......
forcing us to use nukes, breaking that taboo.....

new topics

top topics

join