It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 Common Myths About Atheists

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud

They are just as entitled to their own opinions as you are, like when YOU TELL people that their beliefs are wrong and that jesus is the only way. Dont get mad when it happens the other way round.

Hey when have I said that Jesus is the only way? I consider that most religions are different views of the same thing, I'm not saying that christianity is the only way.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin
The idea that atheists will be tolerated as long as they shut their mouths is quite common. Suppose, like women, atheists should be silent.

i just imagined a christian yelling at an atheist telling them to "get back in the lab and get me those test results" when i read that

everyone needs to remember that if the atheists remained silent, the theists will override the first ammendment's protection of the state from religion

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex

They are just as entitled to their own opinions as you are, like when YOU TELL people that their beliefs are wrong and that jesus is the only way. Dont get mad when it happens the other way round.

Hey when have I said that Jesus is the only way? I consider that most religions are different views of the same thing, I'm not saying that christianity is the only way.

Well, just replace 'jesus' with 'god', it makes no difference to me as I dont believe in any of the two. You might not be saying that christianity is the only way but can you say that atheism is totally wrong?

G

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
shihulud is right

many people may view all religions as simply viewing the same thing in different ways, but where do atheists fit in?

we are seen as those who are cynical
overly skeptical
and not trustworthy

all because we refuse to give our life to a being whose existence cannot be proven

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
why are the non-theists of ATS not standing up to demolish the preconceptions about those with no relgions?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
why are the non-theists of ATS not standing up to demolish the preconceptions about those with no relgions?

I think that we should start a atheist group or club or whatever just to get a power base and have all the same perks as religions, to have authority in removing unneeded religious stains in our cultures, to wipe out the preconceptions and show the world what it means to be non-thesitic.

"Come Pinky, we must prepare for tomorrow night" "Gee, Brain, what are we doing tomorrow night?" "The same thing we do every night Pinky - Try to take over the world!"

LOL

G

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I think that we should start a atheist group or club or whatever just to get a power base and have all the same perks as religions, to have authority in removing unneeded religious stains in our cultures, to wipe out the preconceptions and show the world what it means to be non-thesitic.

That would make us no better then the Islamic or Christian Taliban. People have to work out for themselves that a higher power dosnt exist. If you try and force logical reasoning and facts upon them you will only harden peoples beliefs .

The last thing Athiests need to do is to harden the beliefs of those who think other wise. It is kind of pointless using logical reasoning against people who are willing to put there faith above all else.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
i'm bumping this thread... it needs it. especially since i've been hearing so many myths about atheists lately

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join