It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm having problems with ATS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
On the most recent threads with twenty five posts or more page it shows two versions of one thread up instead of one thread. Sometimes one of the one version of one thread is different than the other version that it shows. This makes it more complicated to view topics. Can someone help me? I'm just having problems viewing threads. Like say I post in one of the "identical threads" if I post in that version of the identical thread in the other version of the thread it will not be there. Sometimes the threads show up as two. -_-. With problems like these they are making it more difficult for ATS. ???

Help would be appreciative.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If I understand it, you're seeing a split (two columns) screen of a thread when you click on it?

The only reasons I can think of:

your internet browser might be having issues (what do you use?)

your internet connection? (probably not, but might double check all connections just to be sure; sometimes, if the lines are clogged with lots of people, the connection slows and it confuses the computer..)

maybe your computer needs a good de-fragging or general clearing out of cookies and junk?

Unfortunately, I'm not a technical person.. those are the trouble-shooting methods I work through before beginning to worry that my computer is *truly* retarded!

I hope it works itself out and proves to be a temporary, and ultimately minor, glitch!

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yes it's a minor glitch. If you would allow me to elaborate more on the subject when I try to open a topic on the main page of the site sometimes it shows up in two so I have to keep track of which of the one I post in. It could be a technical difficulty or it could be that my browser cant read the site that well but it's an annoying glitch and I hope it goes away soon.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If it's an issue with the internet browser, maybe try a different one? Personally, I use firefox (multiple tabs on one window is neat).. I always had problems with internet explorer.

The fact that it happens only *sometimes* is intriguing.

The best I could say is to play around with various things - restart the computer, restart the modem (if applicable), try a new browser..

Beyond that - I simply don't know.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Visual Aid

Could you post a screen shot of the problem?

I'm having trouble visualizing it, so a graphic example might help.

new topics

top topics

join