It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a spy in your car w/Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I,like most,never knew this existed,besides planes.It seems everyday we get a little closer to 1984.It seems as a police state type country is coming to fruition.To put a Event Data Recorder in a car,to me,is a invasion of your privacy.No its not madatory,but so few know they have them,they dont have a choice.This is another step to keep a closer eye on the population.And can you honestly think this survailence is going to go away anytime soon?It will only get worse.

(CNN)-That 'black box' in your car may seem like a good idea, but it could send you to jail. ..
www.cnn.com...

Video Link
www.cnn.com...
No direct link,sorry,it listed under most watched,first story.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
THe NSA can listen to your phone conversations, and see you on camera through your cell phone, cable modem, cable converter box, and computer network card. The car recorder is just for redundancy.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
hanebul please tell us how you came to the discovery that the NSA can see us on camera through a cell phone/cable modem/cable converter box.

I would be extremely interested to have the knowledge you do, due to me working in the IT dept at my local cable company, and the 5 years prior to that working customer service and tech support at the same cable company....

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Just another step into NWO this is. We are soon under 100% observation all the time without anyone knowing or giving a #, and it seems that we can't do anything about this!

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The event recorder isn't a camera. How is it an invasion of your privacy? You're on a public road, operating a vehicle you've already had your public records examined for, using a license given to you by the state, after having hte vehicle inspected by agents of the state to conform to federal and state regulations. How is having a device that can be used to reconstruct an accident that you were in or even caused, an invasion of privacy??

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The event recorder isn't a camera. How is it an invasion of your privacy? You're on a public road, operating a vehicle you've already had your public records examined for, using a license given to you by the state, after having hte vehicle inspected by agents of the state to conform to federal and state regulations. How is having a device that can be used to reconstruct an accident that you were in or even caused, an invasion of privacy??

Look at it at a wider perspecitve, when the first have done this. They will make it more advanced, more comprehensive and so on. Every technologi develops and you should never support this kind of crap seens then you are just voting for your own prisoning.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
But you are on a public road, in public space. You don't have an right or realistic expectation of privacy. People can see you, how is having a device that records this sort of information a violation of privacy??? We already allow the state to fire radar guns at us to determine what our speed is, and to oberseve how we are driving, etc. How is this any worse, realistically?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Its true, I believe these devices are only set to record the first 30 seconds or so before the airbags are set off. The information is stored but gets deleted everytime new information gets saved.....thats my understanding anyway. Its not really and invasion of privacy, especially if you caused the accident. Thats a good thing, so they can decide who caused the accident.

top topics

join