It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another train accident in Victoria ,Australia..... second within 5 days.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
on the 12th of November we had this happen

13 hurt in Spencer St train crash.............

THIRTEEN passengers were taken to hospital with neck injuries after a train slammed into the back of another at Spencer Street Station this morning.

ok....... pretty unusual. I travel through this station every day, the security in ensuring this doesnt happen is excellent but accidents do happen......

now THIS just in........

60 hurt as train hits dumped car

POLICE are investigating sabotage as the cause of yesterday's derailment of a passenger train near Ballan, west of Melbourne, which left more than 60 injured.

ok now this could be coincidence , two incidents , both look unrelated...... but twice in less than a week? The spot where this accident happened is a known trouble spot, apparently, but something sounds suspicious to me. If you wanted to get rid of a car in that area why dump it on a train track? It's in the country.......... WAY easier to dump it in the bush somewhere, no one would stumble on it for ages then.

Maybe I'm paranoid , actually I probably am lol otherwise I wouldnt be posting here , but something isnt ringing true about either of these, especially the second one.

[Edited on 15-11-2003 by mulberryblueshimmer]

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   

[The spot where this accident happened is a known trouble spot, apparently, but something sounds suspicious to me. If you wanted to get rid of a car in that area why dump it on a train track? It's in the country.......... WAY easier to dump it in the bush somewhere, no one would stumble on it for ages then.
]

Sadly, in this day and age certain people do such things for 'fun'. We have a similar situation in the UK, though not with cars.

There was a frightening documentary on TV a few weeks back which used CCTV footage from beside railway tracks. Young kids were placing concrete blocks, treetrunks, parkbenches and suchlike across the tracks. This wasn't one isolated incident, but one of many which occur up and down the country every week. Thankfully due to the railside CCTV network there has been no major accident due to such stupidty....yet. One day the Transport Police aren't gonna have their eye on the camera, and the Intercity 125 is gonna plough straight into one of these obstructions with catastrophic results.

When I was a kid we sometimes used to mess about placing pennies on the tracks, but we were astute enough to realise that placing a 6 foot lump of concrete across 'em was a somewhat of a stupid idea. Kids these days seem to have that particular reasoning section of their brain missing.

new topics

join