It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran will help U.S. if it withdraws from Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Iraq war is pretty much pointless and democracy is not working. here is a perfect chance now to let us handle it and maybe better relations can be made for the both of our country.

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Sunday Iran was ready to help the United States and Britain in Iraq but only if they pledged to change their attitude and withdraw their troops.

"The Iranian nation is ready to help you get out of that swamp (in Iraq) on one condition ... you should pledge to correct your attitude," Ahmadinejad said in a televised speech to a parade of the Basij religious militia.

today.reuters.com...

[edit on 26-11-2006 by Mehran]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
screw that, iran is a terrorist country. i don't trust their president, and i certainly don't want the usa working together with him.

i hope we bomb iran already, bush is taking to long.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

screw that, iran is a terrorist country. i don't trust their president, and i certainly don't want the usa working together with him.

My own sentiments exactly. I would have a hard job accepting Iranian Troops fighting along side, American or British troops. How do we know they wouldnt tunr on our troops and start killing them instead.

Is oks for Politicians to say lets Iran/Syria invovled. Oks for one stop helping out the insurgents, by supplying them with weapons. Then maybe we would consider it.

But I wouldnt trust the iranians with our troops lives.

Bring them in and there would be more bloodshed/ more american/british troops being brought home in bodybags. Very Bad Idea indeed.

Edn

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If there a terrorist country why did the US & UK ask for there help, even though it was more of a thread "help or else" I'm glad Iran are doing what a lot of us wanted them to do, help but on there grounds not ours.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Here they go.... mew mew mew "Iran is a terrorist state" eeeep!

Well, I think it's about time both the US and UK governments grew a pair and admit that they've ****ed up royally. Our honourable nations are probably going to cut and run with their tails between their legs (at the same time referring to the embarrassing act as "strategic withdrawal" as the "Iraqi Democracy takes control").

The US and UK are being thrown the proverbial "bone", frankly we should take it.

Unless of course we want to end up as mauled as the Soviets in Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyAllKnowledge
Here they go.... mew mew mew "Iran is a terrorist state" eeeep!

Well, I think it's about time both the US and UK governments grew a pair and admit that they've ****ed up royally. Our honourable nations are probably going to cut and run with their tails between their legs (at the same time referring to the embarrassing act as "strategic withdrawal" as the "Iraqi Democracy takes control").

The US and UK are being thrown the proverbial "bone", frankly we should take it.

Unless of course we want to end up as mauled as the Soviets in Afghanistan.

I agree. I also think that everyone might benefit from having another M.E. country help out, they know much more about the culture than U.S. or U.K. I do not believe the leader of Iran is as evil as U.S. media makes him out to be. I think it may have been over-hyped. And if he's asking for a pledge to quickly withdraw, then there won't be any U.S. or U.K. soldiers fighting side-by-side of Iranians.

I have a question for the OP: You referrred to "us helping out". Are you in Iran? If so, can you tell us about how the Iranians feel about helping out, and what they think of the Iraq war?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Its a hard one isnt it,
I mean, the US and the UK have totally screwed up here,
they have agit8d a hornets nest, and now... while being stung... need a major hand in removing this threat.

but your not willing to accept the help of anyone around you at the same time.

America isnt winning In Iraq, they arent 'losing' yet.. but its getting out of hand very quickly.

Prior to Iraq, Iran was a friend of the US.
Providing intel on the 911 attacks.
Almost going to war with the taliban before 911
They even wrote a letter stating their intentions to mix, and co-operate with US wishes..

NOW, they are terrorists..

What do the US officials really expect of them here?
For them to just sit idly by, and not get defensive when the USA invades and occupies its neighbour?

America has driven Iran into a corner here, and rightly so Iran has prepared defenses INCASE anything arises..
yet your all acting like they committed war crimes?

They offer a helping hand in fixing the Iraq mess... which left unchecked WILL RUIN The USA economy...

And all you guys can scream about, is how much of a terrorist threat they are?

WHy do so Many americans refuse to accept the fact that IRAQ will be the end of you, unless you start swallowing some bitter pills.

friendship with Iran,

" Perish the thought, cant ever do that, .... I mean.. we invaded and occupied for protection.. their just down right evil. "

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This will never work. Iran is doing this for one reason, so they can have control over Iraq. There must be another way without feeding Iran's power base. Besides, do you really think the Sunni minority will stop and the Kurds will just "accept" Shiite Iran? Doubt it.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
lol you know i love the change in people's tone,

2 years ago on ATS i was reading "the US this and the US that in iraq" the majority of americans never even mentioned british efforts!!

now things are going wrong "the US and UK have messed up" our name gets mentioned into the acquisition
, just my views.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think Irans influence in the area is already cemented..
But your right RR,

Ppeople arent just going to sit by and 'accept' iranian control.
But Sadr is already a major peice fo the puzzle, and he's iranian influenced I thought?

I dont think Iran should be asked to 'fix' our problem,
but assist.

I mean we're already holding them at arms length refusing to talk.
so whats the harm in talking, letting them have a little influence..
and if all fails.. just push them to arms lengths again.
I mean its not like their's no violence or influence happening already.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spawwwn

[bangs head against wall]

Why is it [bang] that people actually listen [bang] to George W. Bush's [bang, bang] monochrome view of the world?

What exactly is a a terrorist country, Spawwwn? Is it a country that uses terror to get its own way? Unfortunately, this applies more accurately to Bush's foreign policy. Perhaps, you mean that the majority of Iranians are terrorist. Certainly, your desired actions by the USA backs this reading. Or, do you mean that Iran supports terrorist groups? If so, why not say it?

Wouldn't it be helpful for to Iran to work closely with a democratic nation if the USA wants to offer itself up as a paradigm of civil maturity?

[bang] Bomb [bang] Iran? So, do you believe that only the USA and its allies hold the key to human liberty, or should we allow those that think the USA is untrustworty to bomb its people 'already'?

Perhaps, the USA could fulfill its non-proliferation obligations for nuclear weapons by using some of them on Iran, that way Bush wouldn't have to commit any more American troops to the region and they can get on with helping Iraqis embrace their newly gained liberty.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Agit8d, I don't think Iran will really assist in anything. I don't think Iran and Syria are the answers, because they are benefitting from this whole mess.

The Bush Administration's one of many mistakes was to not make friends with Iran after 9/11, instead they called them the "axis of evil". But that is our loss due to stupidity made by this current government...the one of many many stupidities.

But right now, it is too late. All they will be doing is strengthening Iran. And as much as I do not care about Iran having a nuclear weapon and such, I do care about their hoo ha's in control of the Iranian government having control over not only Iranian oil but also Iraqi oil and them playing superpower in the Middle East.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Woland: yeah iran is a terrorist state on one level, and that's spouting dangerous propaganda and trying to instil terror into people.

It's a fact that irann as said that isreal should get wiped of the face of the earth. It's a fact the iran pres has repeatedly made threats (empty as they may be) against the USA and it's allies MANY times. It's a fact they ignored UN sanctions and keep enriching uranium (for bombs..don't belive that "peaceful power" stuff...), and it's a fact that their leader constantly spouts off nasty rehtoric at the mouth almost daily.

Remeber a few months ago when hezballa or whatever was fighting, and iran was basically giving them weapons and preeching support for that TERRORIST group?

These are all facts, iran is a violent islamic state..not a peaceful one. Even though i am not a bush supporter, i DO NOT trust a man who has said many times that he hates USA, wants us dead, calls us infedels, and then says that they will help us.

that sounds like a snake move if you ask me. it's probably a trick, he'll get on the USA good side and destory their armed forces from within.

NAh man, if you look at the facts...iran is a state that CAN'T be trusted...and has never even given us a reason to trust them.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I agree, Iran probably cannot be trusted.
but we should atleast come to the table with hopes..
not just disregard them before we've even talked.

they wanted to help after 911,
they assisted us, and offerend an olive branch..

but we declared them an axis of evil.. invaded their neighbour.. and now stare at them wiht a stirn look in our eyes..

no wonder they are looking for the 'best' defensive weapon.. if they are.

At the moment, we cannot hit iran, the public doesnt have a reason to fear them.
quietly, they probably do have a lot to answer for in Iraq.
but ultimately, it was our stupid f'n mistake..
we stuffed up.. we cant just go blaming other countries for our catastrophic mistakes.

Do we give Iraq to iran?
hell no..
that would help no one.

should we ignore them, and allow this insurgency to slowly diminsh the US economy?
which ultimately drags down our economies?

I dont understand why we cant get the Israeli PM, Iranian PM, Iraqi PM, Syrian PM, USA President, UK PM, SAudi LEaders and lebanese officials...
all together under a banner of peace... and have it out.. debate until there's nothing to debate...
then start again 'building' something all countries can agree on.

IF everyone starts from the begining, and if everyone as they declare ... are truley for peace...
then who ever is the key culprate in denying peace will be shown out to everyone, everyone that matters.

Edn

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
This will never work. Iran is doing this for one reason, so they can have control over Iraq. There must be another way without feeding Iran's power base. Besides, do you really think the Sunni minority will stop and the Kurds will just "accept" Shiite Iran? Doubt it.

Except for the fact that it was Iraq who first suggested Iran help then shortly after the UK & US wanted Iran to help. Iran have no obligation to help there saying they will help under there grounds (nothe the threatening grounds of the US) because they were asked to help.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Agit8dChop I wish I knew why all the leaders can't just all meet together either...the truth is though, I don't even think it would work. Not when each country has so many conflicting desires.

Many Arab countries want Israel to be gone and moved someplace else. No exceptions. That isn't going to happen.

The West (the US and UK being the lions and the rest of Europe being the vultures afterwards) want to control oil flow and other resources in other countries.

The very Islamic countries want to stop the West from entering even a slight amount into the Middle East so their culture does not corrupt their own culture. Again I don't see this happening.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

same can be said about the US it is a far graeter terrorist state since it sponsors more terrorists Iran and most nations combined.

hopefully your president wont be that retarded to go into another conflict

guess some people like the mess their countries in

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   

screw that...

My sentiments, exactly.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
When I clicked on the link I got an object not found error.
I'm pretty much feed up with the Iraq situation the option of brining Iran and Syria to the table is as foolish as expecting poorly trained security forces to contain the insurgency once the coalition leaves Iraq. The only sane option left open to the coalition is to partition Iraq into tribal regions.

new topics

top topics

join