It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long is it going to be before people start voting for the BNP party?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
well they want to put a stop to immigration into britain and to be honest i think it's something all people want in this country.

classic example, theres this massive warehouse opened up where i live creating loads of new jobs, yet no 'british' people can get these jobs (my dad for one) because they are setting all these kosovens on :/

put it this way ive never voted in my life, but will do in the next election.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I would vote them in today.
Orders have dropped where I work ( it's a seasonal thing, nobody wants replacement windows in the winter) so they've laid some people off, rumours are now rife that when the eork picks up again it'll be Poles,Checks and any other cheap foreign labour that they will be hiring. It makes my blood boil.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Dont give that bull, the gov had to get alot of SKILLED europeans in to do the jobs us #Lazy brits either can't or won't do. And i dont believe your dad can't get a job because of this cheap labour, t5he majority of employers prefer english speaking
9native people) but you simply cannot get enough of us off the welfare state ?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
There are always stories of how "they about to......" (and most often from those who'd love us all to believe them far more important than they actually are).

The story of British fascism from the 1930's to now shows us how completely lacking in 'popular support' todays BNP are, compared.

They aren't on the verge of anything.

It is interesting how the tack is now changing tho; now it's not so much lurid tales of spongers coming to leech freebies off of our taxes through the benefits system, now it's a return to "they're taking our jobs....." (I wonder if we'll ever hear a return of "they're taking our women!")

Anyhoo, I'm sure there are instances where British born people may have trouble getting jobs because a local firm has hired cheaper foreign migrant workers.
I've also no doubt that is sometimes a hard one to take.
But other people getting a job you wanted - in a time when jobs are hard to come by - is a fact of life sometimes; it's a highly competitive world out there and it's crap to be on the wrong end of that sometimes.
But blaming those 'foreigners' for the actions of the local employers is a little 'cock-eyed' IMO.

But there is also a wider aspect to this.

There's no doubt the influx of immigrant workers from eastern Europe has contributed to the British economy as a whole.

Some economists say quite plainly that the reason why we have not dipped into recession recently is because of the addition these people have made to British economic activity.

Largely they're doing the jobs 'our' people will not do or are doing them at a pay rate 'our people' would not.
But it is the local employer choosing to hire them at those terms, they haven't 'made' anyone do anything.

It's also true (if you look at the record) that every Gov (of all 'colours') since the late 1950's (1959 to be precise) has added some for of restriction on immigration, the idea that you'll only get 'control on immigration with the BNP' (where their record is one of absolutely nothing but aggressive talk ...... and stirring up a load of fear, trouble and violence where they can) is laughable and completely wrong.

(......and God help us all with all the other stuff they'd try to do.)

But who's kidding who here, hmmm?

The BNP can barely get elected to a handful of council seats, never mind a single seat in our Parliament, never mind any actual Parliamentary 'power'.

The Green party polled twice the level of support the BNP got in the last round of council elections, so, giving long consideration to a British move towards the Greens would be twice as justified, right?

[edit on 26-11-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The main problem round here is that the vast majority of migrant workers speak little or no English are semi/unskilled and send 75% of their wages back home.
I have little problem withSKILLED workers setting up home here if they spend the money they earn in this country.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Well said Sminky i could not have put it better myself

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by st3ve_o
to be honest i think it's something all people want in this country.

Then you think wrongly. If this were true, why didn't the BNP make far greater gains in the 2005 General Election? And whilst they did make gains in the local elections this year, they were far from substantial.

put it this way ive never voted in my life, but will do in the next election.

So why complain? If you can't be bothered to go out and tick a box once every year or so, I don't see why you feel you have the right to complain about the policies of this government or any government. Do not be apathetic! Get out there and vote in every single election you possibly can until the day you die! There are billions around the world who don't have the same rights that you do. It's a travesty that so many people take these rights for granted.

As for the BNP, they are essentially a single-issue party. You'll never, ever see me ticking the box to vote for them. They happen to have chosen an issue which is a key debate in British politics today, but if you vote for someone because of one issue then it could be potentially disastrous. Have you read up on any of their other policies? How do you feel about being forced to do national service, and losing your right to vote if you object for instance? (I'm not making this up - it's part of their 2005 Manifesto - go check their site if you don't believe me).

Ok, you don't like immigrants taking British jobs. How do you feel about the number of native Britons sitting at home sponging off your tax money and doing nothing constructive with their lives? Would you like to kick them out of the country too, since they're part of the reason tax is so high? Or is it ok for them to do that because they're not 'foreign'?

[edit on 26-11-2006 by Ste2652]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by executioner
The main problem round here is that the vast majority of migrant workers speak little or no English are semi/unskilled and send 75% of their wages back home.

- It's a regular refrain, there was a time when that was claimed about Asian immigrants here in the 1970's too.

I suspect this is not something that can be really substantiated and quantified properly by anyone.

......and if it's true that they are sending a whole 75% back home then that's a hell of a lot of an economic boost our economy is getting from just the remaining 25%.

I have little problem withSKILLED workers setting up home here if they spend the money they earn in this country.

- Having the freedom to do what you like with the money you've earned was one of the first things Maggie Thatcher did (by removing exchange controls) when the tory party came to office in 1979.

I don't think any proper serious western political party is proposing a restoration of exchange controls (in fact with the rules of the WTO, IMF, World Bank.....and not forgetting the Bank of England's own legally binding commitments I don't think 'we' could without incurring huge penalties and costs.

Personally I don't see the problem.

Quite clearly these people (generally speaking) are spending enough of their earnings here to help our economy.

......and anyway if I was migrant worker from somewhere with a standard of living well below the one here and was able to and wanted to send some cash home to help my family out I'd want that freedom.........and I suspect anyone else (thinking reasonably about this) would too.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
(reply to ste2652)

i'm 24 and have never voted in my life due to the fact i think all partys are a joke, they just sit in parliament arguing making that weird noice going YEAAAAAAA, if party says something about an issue the other party will say the COMPLETE opposite just to be different (whether they believe its right or not).

the BNP party are standing up for something that i feel is getting out of control in this country and that alone will get my vote
as for national service niceone (i guess thats another reason), it will get shut of chavs off the street put it that way and there will be no more need for a joke which is called ASBO's, yes i'm 24 and will probably be called up to serve my country should that happen and i'm all for that, i'm considering a career in the armed forces anyway.

but how many citizens of britain (muslims/eastern europe immigrants) who work and claim benefits in this country, would want to fight and die for this country should another WW2 scenario pop-up?. i suspect the answer would not be many or not as many as people born in britain, yet can you honestly imagin the average british muslim fighting for queen and country (because i can't)

yet 'british' people cannot get jobs due to the fact our immigration policy is out of control and in many cases (THEY COME FIRST) in getting employment.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Do you not know we are suffering from an ageing population who are retired NOT working, and we are not having enough kids to sustain our economy ?

Come on im sure you've heard the argument, if we dont change our ways then we can't afford to stop migrant workers.

Would you like to live in a second rate econonmy?. NO i don't think so! because you would not be sitting around not working and complaining about those who are putting food in your mouth

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

how many citizens of britain (muslims/eastern europe immigrants) who work and claim benefits in this country, would want to fight and die for this country should another WW2 scenario pop-up?

i suspect the answer would not be many.

- Then you need to go and learn your British history steve_o; in WW2 the largest single ethnic group that fought and died for the UK were the Muslims.

You'll also find that one of the reasons we won WW2 was thanks to the Poles who were the first to start breaking the German Enigma coding machines.
They managed to get out before the Germans arrived and brought their Enigma work to France where it was progressed further with the help of the French and subsequently they all managed to flee again before the Germans occupied France.
They all brought their work to Britain and it was from these events - thanks to the Poles and French - that Bletchley Park etc etc was able to occur at all.

It is in no small part that 'we' are free today thanks to those Polish and French hero geniuses.

You'll also find that those Polish airmen that could get out and flee along with many many Czechs, Yugoslavs etc etc fought and died on our side (those scenes in the Battle of Britain film are not made up).

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
@ sminkeypinkey

i know my history well m8 and the poles (other nations) were fighting for their own cause - immgration wasn't a factor back then, but my question is how many of those living/working over here (now) would fight and die for THIS COUNTRY should that situation arise again?

it's a different generation my friend

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

@ sminkeypinkey

i know my history well m8 and the poles (other nations) were fighting for their own cause

- Well if you want to split hairs over what happened the truth is that it might be termed 'common cause'.

But the facts are that their country had gone at that stage and there was no reason to imagine they would see it come back either.

They were fighting for us with no guarantee of anything other than the distinct possibility of dying merely to keep a foreign country free.

I do call that fighting for us.

immgration wasn't a factor back then

- Actually it was and we were desperate to get as many in here fighting on our side as we could.
'We' loved immigration back then.

but my question is how many of those living/working over here (now) would fight and die for THIS COUNTRY should that situation arise again?

- Well in the unlikely event of those same circumstances being repeated why not?

But more generally speaking why should those here now when they are here as guest workers?

It's not like they (those just here to work a few years) are here to stay and make the UK 'their country'.

Just as if I went to work in Poland (as a pal of mine has done) why should I/he, generally speaking, be expected to 'fight and die' for Poland?

- Well I can't dispute that.

BTW, nice to see it all kept civil.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

immgration wasn't a factor back then, but my question is how many of those living/working over here (now) would fight and die for THIS COUNTRY should that situation arise again?

How many Chavs do you think would do the same? As you say, it's a different generation and so a lot would refuse to fight. Not just immigrants but many young male and female Britons too.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by Ste2652]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The BNP in power? Don't make me laugh! Anyhow, it'll soon have to be the English National Party, and sice virtually all "English" folk have DNA at least as varied as Germanic to Native American and Middle Eastern it'll be amusing to see how the National Party jesters cope with that!

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ste2652
How many Chavs do you think would do the same? As you say, it's a different generation and so a lot would refuse to fight. Not just immigrants but many young male and female Britons too.

well they will serve time for it won't they, what was it for refusing national service 2 years? - for those that go in it will sort them out, for those that refuse have a nice time in prision

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyAllKnowledge
The BNP in power? Don't make me laugh! Anyhow, it'll soon have to be the English National Party, and sice virtually all "English" folk have DNA at least as varied as Germanic to Native American and Middle Eastern it'll be amusing to see how the National Party jesters cope with that!

good, i hope it turns out that way to be honest - will be good to lose all ties with scotland, i don't class myself as british anyway (i'm english), id love to see how scotland does by itself though
but unfortunitly it won't happen

and what do you mean we are 'germanic?' if we are germanic (ie:- Celts/Slavs/Vends and Romans) what are they

because if you want to think of it that way - we (human race) all originate from africa.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is that as a country becomes more and more advanced its levels of production go down as they move to other places and it becomes a country with a technological rather than a manual workforce. The UK is becoming a technological nation rather than a production one and thats simply a by-product of the social reforms and government benefits that people are enjoying at the moment. As a country advances, its people advance and the people who can't get jobs at the moment are simply the "old guard" who aren't technologically trained or office minded.

To be quite honest the BNP are a complete joke to anyone who knows about politics. They are riddled with factionalism and back-stabbing, the BNP itself is an offshoot of the national front and some members of the BNP are planning to split and form their own party before the end of this week!

The party only gained more social acceptance once it veiled its blatantly facist beginnings and altered some of their most right-wing declarations. There is an obvious jump in their voter numbers when they dropped their policy of COMPULSORY extradition of non-whites!

I suspect that Britain is about to face the same problems that many other european nations are fighting at the moment; that fascist groups are gaining votes and being treated as acceptable political parties rather than the racist cretins that they are.

And that makes MY blood boil

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

good, i hope it turns out that way to be honest - will be good to lose all ties with scotland, i don't class myself as british anyway (i'm english), id love to see how scotland does by itself though
but unfortunitly it won't happen

Ahh, of course, those pesky Scots! Didn't a certain "English" king complain about the trouble with Scotland etc? Oh, but we forget that the Plantaganets were French..... l'ennui avec Ecosse.

And in regards to your Englishness, is that pre Celtic Pictish, or Celt, or French, or Germainc (Slavs, Southern Europeans etc are different ethnic groups)? Did you happen to watch the program, a couple of weeks ago, called "100% English"? Tres amusant!

Since we did all originate in Africa, does the fact you claim to be English matter in the slightest since we're all immigrants anyway.... or at least a few of our ancestors were..... bloody immigrants!

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
yeah but i was born here and my family was born here before that and before that and before that....

yet this subject is changing slightly
i'm not racist - that's like saying all black people are not welcome in any country and that they should all go back to africa

all i'm saying why should these immigrants non british (not born here) have more rights than the 'true' brits in finding employment?

and would these 'non' brits do their duty for this country (if need be)? afterall they are entitled to all the same benefits as british people, again i say the majority wouldn't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join