It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD kills unarmed man; Irrational and indefensible response?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Please, read the article found at the link below. It seems to me a disproportionate response from those who are trained to deal with these situations. I fail to see how this action can be defended and it makes a mockery of accountability when Michael Bloomberg can say;

"Officers on the scene had reason to believe that an altercation involving a firearm was about to happen and were trying to stop it."

BBC news report

Perhaps, I am missing something, but I fail to see how this is anything but gross negligence. It is the remit of police officers to respond to any given situation with an appropriate action, but I feel they have acted irrationally and unnessarily.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If I was involved in an altercation and then a non uniformed person told me to stop the car, perhaps at gunpoint and then proceeded to block my path with a normal looking car.

I would floor it and get the hell out of there not knowing if these people were going to murder us. Its not as if they ignored a uniformed cop and marked police car.

Total over reaction, they should be put on trial for this for murder but they wont as police usually get a free pass in all countries to do as they please.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I have to tell you I have been to New York before and I would have to rank them the 3rd worst police force in the United States. I am normally a big supportter of law enforcement but I have no respect for the NYPD.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Total over reaction, they should be put on trial for this for murder but they wont as police usually get a free pass in all countries to do as they please.

I agree, this was a an over reaction and I hope that there is a full investigation in to why 5 police officers decided to fire, repeatedly, without response, a total of 50 times. The outline of the incident says that at no point did the officers speak to the men, and no gun had been seen.

I am loathe to say that police should be put on trial for murder when events like this occur, as I feel that their job is an extremely difficult one. Yet, there has to be some way of making police realise that this is not an acceptable way for them to behave, for these men appear to have been guilty of no crime worthy of this punishment. If this means that criminal prosecution be brought against these officers, so be it. I wouldn't know where to begin, though.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
all i have to say is,

50 some shots an the 3 guys were unarmed.......

thats where i would draw the line for my law enforcement.

1 or 2 well placed shots can bring down a guy with a gun ( gun hand 1st, an then Shoulder), why 50 shots?

[edit on 26-11-2006 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Sorry mods. I didn't have any luck finding this thread. Pleae, close or merge, or do what ever it is that mods do with dupicates.

Original Thread

[edit on 26-11-2006 by Woland]

new topics

top topics

join