It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone call with metalic voice reading random numbers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7
Well has anybody in here ever received a call from the number one billion? Yep, twice, and the caller I.D. said

Just like that, no spaces, no dashes or anything.

So, anyone ever heard of this?

Ah, yes, Mr 1 Billion, the famous spy...

No, seriously, this is easy. That stuff that shows up on your phone is called the ANID information. With the right equipment you can spoof the ANID from your end, although that usually takes a T1 setup and a bit of specialized hardware, or you can buy it by the call.

I use it a lot to screw with my buddies (I have a demented sense of humor), and it's also good to get through to someone when you know they're blowing you off by the caller ID. For instance, I can almost always guarantee that if you have some Marine LT running a project that doesn't want to take the time to answer a question, if you spoof him a caller ID that tells him you're his LTC, he will answer the phone.

It's also fun to call people you don't like and give them NSA 301-688-6524 for a caller ID. I have a big listing of people and their real phone numbers (won't post it on ats) such as about half the JCS and DDIRs of the various agencies. No one I work with wants to see these pop up on their phones any more than you'd want the Spanish Inquisition to pop in. You get the best reactions out of people that way. Nothing like starting a conversation off right, I say.

Anyway, if you want to do it yourself, I use SpoofCard (www.spoofcard.com), they're pretty cheap and do a good job.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join