It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone call with metalic voice reading random numbers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I remember reading stories in the past about people experiecing paranormal or UFO activies recieving phone calls where the person calling has a robotic like voice and is reading off what seems like random numbers for almost a minute or more then hangs up. This actually happened to me a few weeks ago. I guess i was both excited and alittle concerned at the same time (based on some of the stories i've read in the past). I am trying to research this now because I remember it means something and is not at all isolated to just my own experience. I think there are even websites with recordings of the numbers being read and HAM operators even pick them up on difference frequencies but no one knows what they are or what they mean. I just dont understand why my phone would ring and someone (something?) read these meaningless string of numbers to me. Has this happened to anyone else and where can i find some information on this topic?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
In Australia this can happen once you finish talking to the operator.

Once the operator 'hangs up' you hear what seem to be random numbers.

I don't know what it is.

It could be codes for phone company operators/repair-men and such.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
You can call the phone company and ask them for a printed record of all incoming calls placed on your home phone number. Find the date and time the person called you at and then record their number. Either use a reverse lookup or search for the number, and you will find who it was that called.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
i remember immediatly hitting *69 after the recording only to recieve another recording that the number which call cannot be dialed. In the US this random number reading typically has nothing to do with any normal call i've had in my whole life.

I found LOTS of information about radio frequences and secret goverment agencies using these numeric codes to send messages to spies.... but why call me with the same info directly on my phone?

I think this happens to people alot more than we realize, we just listen to the message and hang up, not thinking twice about it... That was my first reaction, then i remembered reading about this exact situation, and even listening to some of the secret radio station recordings and it was exactly identical to them. btw nothing weird has happened to me since the phone call, but i'm curious if this has something to do with "programming" humans/society? Or if its just the phone company, or some punk kid?...

[edit on 26-11-2006 by hiii_98]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I heard about the ham radio thing on a past Art Bell show. They were messages used by some intelligence agencies, I don’t recall much.

Didn’t know about it being read to random telephone #s. Maybe there’s a spy living in your house? (look carefully under ALL the mattresses…
)

Silly question, but did you *69 the number?

This is weird stuff.

I looked it up, Ham operators call them Number Stations.
Check out : www.spynumbers.com...

Nothing about random phone calls.

[edit on 26/11/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
And thinks you're his contact.

Anyway, here's some info about phone numbers stations :
Another phone numbers station: 415-704-0402

Yesterday I reported on what appeared to be a numbers station which, instead of being on shortwave radio, was located on an ordinary telephone line.

And another one

People have suggested that the messages are pranks, or are some sort of commercial gimmick. But at least one person, who is in the U.S. military, says he sent a copy of one of the messages up the chain of command and was promptly notified that it was classified and he wasn’t cleared to know anything further about it. I don’t know whether this is standard operating procedure for any encrypted message or whether it indicates that there’s something to be found.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
hmmmm my fiance is from Ukraine/Russia... She was at the house around this time. I dont want to put the topic in the wrong direction, but ... i'll think abou that one. Just curious if this could mean anything else. Awsome theories ! I'm sure its totally meaningless ... but i really think this must be happening to lots of people all the time, and means something to someone (something?)

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Last night I had her listen to a recording of one of those secret number radio stations, and after doing so she was unable to sleep all night. Especially when i accused her of being a spy! hehe . She did mention something about the night before how she dreamed about aliens operating on her leg and repeated several numbers to me that morning (meaningless to me). Wow maybe we are both going insane.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Maybe they are winning lotto numbers !!!

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
i think your a little paranoid, random numbers could be just a prank call, or more likely a telemarketer, clalling with a program, i remember a time in the day when they would call an there would be 5 seconds of random sounds before a human came on an mispronounced my name an ask if i wanted a credit card

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You are being programmed via the telephone. i witnessed this happening to a Russian immigrant in Boston a few years back. The guy looked like a zombie just listening to the pay phone inputing the command strings.

Watch the film "The Manchurian Candidate".

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I once dialed 1471, british number to find out who called while your out. A voive said "Please enter 4 diget code" I was confused and tried the number again and the same message appeared.

My thoughts went towards a spy/Agent type senario, it was very strange!!

I can tell when I am being listened too as well, I don't know why but occasionally my line is bugged and I sense it intuitively. I alsways said something to the person I'd phoned or phoned me. It was going on for a while. I haven't noticed it for months funnily enough now. Maybe because they realised I was onto them.

I am not a spy, I don't hold secret information of any sort, I am a mum, a wife, a teacher, why have an intereset in me???

Oh yeah maybe because I channel messages from ET's and GOD........LOL

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I live in Sydney Australia.

It is 9 in the morning.

I just called Telstra, Australias phone company, and I got an operator for directory assistance.

She asked me how she could help me, and I told her that I had been receiving 'strange calls' , obviously referring to the calls we have been talking about.

I told her about the numbers and such.

She sounded baffled, and took ages to decide what she was going to do.

She said that she would put me through to the complaints dapartment. I said "ok".

I then get a computer voice )as you do) asking what complaint I'd like to make. I said "phonecalls".

The computer asked "was that; unwanted phonecalls?"

I said "yes."

It then asked if the complaint was for the phone I was using or another phone.

I said another phone.

It asked for the number and I said that I didn't know or remember.

The next thing, I get a machine saying "welcome to the Telstra complaints department. Office hours are 8am to 5pm Monday to friday. Please call back during office hours."

I then look at my clock, which says 9:07am.

Yes, it's also monday.

Weird.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Are you sure it was not weather data?

A number of RAWS stations are set up with cell phones so you dial a number and get the current data. An electronic voice rattles off the current temperature, humidity, dew point, wind speed and direction, etc. Some units will say what the number is, i.e. "Temperature 32", and some don't, you just have to know the sequence. Sometimes the signals get crossed and go to some other phone that is on the line at the same time. This usually happens during wet stormy weather or during electrical storms.

www.fs.fed.us...

Always look for the mundane explanation before leaping to sinister conspiracy theories.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well has anybody in here ever received a call from the number one billion? Yep, twice, and the caller I.D. said

Just like that, no spaces, no dashes or anything.

So, anyone ever heard of this?

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Always look for the mundane explanation before leaping to sinister conspiracy theories.

Yeah your right i'm sure its paranoia, i've just read so many different ufo books and i have read of this exact scenario occuring to those who have whitnessed a paranormal event (I have not recently). I thought maybe this is a more common experience than i thought, one of those things, the majority of us just hangup the phone, ignore, and dont think twice about, when in all actually it has some deeper inherient meaning... lol... i doubt it, but thought i'd ask! Thanks for your responses, interesting, especially about how a computer program will read off weather numbers over the phone. Oh and there were far too many numbers for it to be a winning lottery ticket
(

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is pretty common and I personally know of two reasons for number calls.

One has already been stated. It is government/military/spy communications. A buddy of mine is in US military communications and some times had to read out a string of numbers without even knowing what they mean. I'd imagine there are automated ones as well.

The second is that phone systems are computerized and just like ATS may have glitches or go down for a while, so can the phone company machines. This isn't so much the number as it is other strange things like weird caller IDs, strange rings, and other oddities.

Yes, it may be aliens calling or your wife is a spy, but it is *probably* something much more mundane and you are letting your imagination cloud your reason.

All that said, if your wife is from another country, and someone called you with a number string, I would verify a little something from her past. My uncle was in the CIA for decades and it wasn't until he retired he WIFE (my aunt) even knew. So I know for a fact that you can be married to someone for years and never know. Or if you really love her, maybe just leave it alone.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
and of course her #1 favorite american movie is ... Mr & Mrs Smith

[edit on 28-11-2006 by hiii_98]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
[edit on 29-1-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I've never heard heard of that happening before. I just get called where you pick up and no one answers and it's just quite.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join