It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the deal with corporations using the eye on the pyramid as a logo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Everywhere I look I see a varation of the eye-on-the-pyramid that some corporation ( Citgo, AOL, Weisenhaur, Libertyfinancial) is using for their logo* What up with that? Is it because a triangle is visually pleasing? Is it because they want to appear patriotic? Or is their a more sinister reason?

[edit on 25-11-2006 by Spores From Space]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spores From Space

Everywhere I look I see a varation of the eye-on-the-pyramid

... is their a more sinister reason?

[edit on 25-11-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Supposedly the superstitious ritualistic humans think that the pyramid and other symbols harness powers etc.

Silly isnt it?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think it is the illumaniti seal of approval for that organization and means they pass their smell test.' Thus they are cleared to move ahead in the NWO as a prima global corporation etc. It could in the case of a smaller organization indicate that ownership is masonic.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
We have actually discussed discordia (The eye) in the past.

Who's eye is in the pyramid on the $1.00 bill

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

George W?

I mean George Washington

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Did I miss something? I thought Discordianism was a joke religion started by Kerry Thornley in the 1960s, and the eye on the Great Seal is supposed to be the eye of providence but is Washingtons*
So are you saying corporations use a varation of the Eye-on -the-Pyramid, (eye of god, horus whatever) to appear patriotic because it is the Great Seal of the United States?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student

George W?

I mean George Washington

Honestly I think the eye represents the greek goddess Discordia. Discordia is also Iris = Eris which just happens to be the 10th planet (Planet X). When shall we know of her return? No man knows for sure, but we can guess. When she comes back around, and crosses earths path, in 2012 according to the mayan long count there will be lots of chaos as the earths gravitational field is disrupted. This will cause worldwide flooding, earthquakes, volcanic activity and other bad stuff.

No cause for panic though.

Eris is the Greek goddess of strife and Discordian goddess of chaos, her name being translated into Latin as Discordia. Her Greek opposite is Harmonia, whose Latin counterpart is Concordia. Eris, the solar system's largest known dwarf planet, is named after the goddess. Eris' size resulted in its discoverers and NASA labelling it the solar system's tenth planet.

en.wikipedia.org...

Jn

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
from religion and occult

the main representation for a eye in the triangle is the 3rd eye.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by Jn]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student

George W?

I mean George Washington

Honestly I think the eye represents the greek goddess Discordia. Discordia is also Iris = Eris which just happens to be the 10th planet (Planet X). When shall we know of her return? No man knows for sure, but we can guess. When she comes back around, and crosses earths path, in 2012 according to the mayan long count there will be lots of chaos as the earths gravitational field is disrupted. This will cause worldwide flooding, earthquakes, volcanic activity and other bad stuff.

No cause for panic though.

Eris is the Greek goddess of strife and Discordian goddess of chaos, her name being translated into Latin as Discordia. Her Greek opposite is Harmonia, whose Latin counterpart is Concordia. Eris, the solar system's largest known dwarf planet, is named after the goddess. Eris' size resulted in its discoverers and NASA labelling it the solar system's tenth planet.

en.wikipedia.org...

Not to keep harping on this, but you do realize Discordianism and Eris worship was started as a joke right?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jn
for the 1000's time, the main representation for a eye in the triangle is the 3rd eye.

The eye in the triangle is a symbol that may mean whatever you would like it to mean, the eye in the triangle however, is different from the eye over the pyramid and usually means the eye of horus, or as you pointed out a awakening or enlightment or the "third eye opening"

The official meaning given to the eye over the pyramid is the eye of providence looking over the nation, so my question is mainly to what symbolic meaning do corporations use their varation for, mystical, patriotic, or nwo tell

Jn

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
i edited my post to add more detail, but like i said, the correct definition from occult/religion is the 3rd eye

thats the thing, official version as you say, or original meaning, and that would be 3rd eye

the eye in the top of the pyramid looks the same as a eye in a triangle

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Not to keep harping on this, but you do realize Discordianism and Eris worship was started as a joke right?

Eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil and thou wilt surely die.

The Greek goddess Eris was the personification of discord or strife. She appears in Hesiod's Theogony as the daughter of Nyx (Night).
Eris played a significant part in Greek mythology. One of the most important legends in which she is involved begins with a wedding - the wedding of Peleus and Thetis, to be precise. Apparently, someone forgot to invite the goddess of discord to the festivities. That was the first mistake in a long chain of disastrous events. For Eris simply showed up at the wedding anyway, with mayhem on her mind. When she arrived, the goddess tossed a golden apple into the crowd of famous faces. This tempting apple was tagged with the phrase "to the fairest".

www.loggia.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Third eye? I thought It was to symbolize god watching mankind? Anyways its a symbol that can be interpeted any way you like, but in the end its just and eyeball.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil and thou wilt surely die.

The Greek goddess Eris was the personification of discord or strife. She appears in Hesiod's Theogony as the daughter of Nyx (Night).
Eris played a significant part in Greek mythology. One of the most important legends in which she is involved begins with a wedding - the wedding of Peleus and Thetis, to be precise. Apparently, someone forgot to invite the goddess of discord to the festivities. That was the first mistake in a long chain of disastrous events. For Eris simply showed up at the wedding anyway, with mayhem on her mind. When she arrived, the goddess tossed a golden apple into the crowd of famous faces. This tempting apple was tagged with the phrase "to the fairest".

www.loggia.com...

And if you want a real head scratcher you'll realize that Mars the god of war is Discordias love match. I've covered this stuff before.

More bizarre symbology from the 9/11 pentagon attack

[edit on 26-11-2006 by In nothing we trust]

new topics

top topics

join