It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heathrow Airport hauntings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I was chatting to a friend of mine who worked at Heathrow Airport here in the UK for many years..... and we got on to the subject of haunting,

she was telling me of the many ghosts that have been reported there over many many years,

The reports date way back to when the airport was first built,
And its believed that's the ghost of the highwayman Dick Turpin

link on Turpin

Dick Turpin is probably the most famous highwayman of all. Mention the name to most people, and they will tell you he was a daring and dashing highwayman who famously rode from London to York on his faithful mare, Black Bess, in less than 24 hours

Here is an Article that really gives you quiet a bit of interesting info,

link

There is yet another businessman who haunts the airport. This spirit is of a businessman in a gray suit who seems harried and worried. He haunts one of the VIP Lounges in the airport and simply materializes at odd moments. A few people have claimed to see him materialize only from the waist down.

They are obviously disconcerted to see a pair of gray clad legs walking around the lounge. Are they other spirits at Heathrow International Airport? In a place so busy and filled with people hurrying to various destinations it is hard to tell, but these three spirits have been so dedicated to their haunting that they have been noticed amidst the hub-bub

So for my fellow UK members, Next time you are at Heathrow keep a close eye out....

and keep a camera handy, Heck next time I'm there I'm going to have a chat to some staff who may be hanging around and see if they have any stories,

Maybe we have others here who have seen something at an airport or know of similar stories?

Would love to here some more on this kind of haunting,

[edit on 25-11-2006 by asala]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
honolulu airport is haunted

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Really! thats interesting. What have you heard about it?

have you any info you could share on the subject

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Bradley Field, now called Bradley International Airport, in Windsor Locks CT (USA) is haunted.

I have friends who worked there (before the big layoff recently by NorthWest Airlines). They worked in the terminal and on the tarmac loading the planes, etc...

There are MANY ghost stories about the place including sightings of Bradley, the pilot who was the first fatality at the airport and whom the airport is named after.

One day my friend Joey was standing in the airport near a window and in the window's reflection he saw himself and a fisherman. The fisherman was in full fisherman gear and had his fishing equipment - box and and tackle and everything. He thought it odd dress for someone in an airport. When Joey turned to see where the fisherman should have been standing next to him, there was no one there. But the reflection remained for a few more moments before fading away.

I don't know if there were streams on that spot before the airport was built or if someone who died at the airport was an avid fisherman. Eitherway, he is one of a few spooks that haunt the place.

I heard rumors that the airport was built on a ley line vortex. I have no doubt that it is probably true. Growing up we lived near the airport and before we even knew about ley lines etc, my brother would tell us about seeing 'running lights like at an airfield' in the backyard' (Earthlights that run with ley lines).

ASALA ... see if your airport is on a ley line or is at a vortex. That can give the spooks a real boost of energy!

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by muhlis

ALL of Hawaii is haunted!
The whole darn place!

I've been there three times and got stuck in a haunted room on the big island. It was a very mean spook and it didn't like us at all. I later found out the hotel was built near one of those old human sacrifice places.

Oh ... and don't take pork across the Island of Oahu. The spooks of the dead natives get VERY unhappy about that and will cause you serious grief. Why pork? I don't know. You'll have to ask a native Hawaiian.

And I'm sure I don't have to tell ya'll NOT to take the lava rocks ... Pele comes to get ya! Really! My sister-in-law and her husband went to Hawaii and we told them not to bring home lava rocks. They laughed at us and brought one home. (to Connecticut). About a month later my brother-in-law ended up having to have open heart surgery. He survived. But .. I have to wonder if Pele was angry at them for taking the lava rock.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Heathrow is one of the listings at Shadowlands -
www.theshadowlands.net...

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
link

There is yet another businessman who haunts the airport. This spirit is of a businessman in a gray suit who seems harried and worried. He haunts one of the VIP Lounges in the airport and simply materializes at odd moments. A few people have claimed to see him materialize only from the waist down.

They are obviously disconcerted to see a pair of gray clad legs walking around the lounge. Are they other spirits at Heathrow International Airport? In a place so busy and filled with people hurrying to various destinations it is hard to tell, but these three spirits have been so dedicated to their haunting that they have been noticed amidst the hub-bub

Interesting stuff. I'm curious... Doesn't a haunting follow a death (sometimes a violent death)? This would mean that this "VIP Ghost" died in the airport? I can imagine that with the amount of people that pass through Heathrow someone has died there at some stage. Where would one get a record of deaths (especially violent ones) at Heathrow?

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Doesn't a haunting follow a death (sometimes a violent death)?

The guy could have had a heart attack on an airplane just after/before arriving at that airport.

The fella could have been on his way to/from the airport and died in a car accident.

He may have been planning a trip and died elsewhere .. and he was so intent on that trip when he died that he is still taking the trip in the spirit world. Perhaps he was planning an important meeting, or going to go to a wedding, or a funeral ....

There are many reasons why a spook would be going through an airport.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Doesn't a haunting follow a death (sometimes a violent death)? This would mean that this "VIP Ghost" died in the airport?

From what i have read it seems that some of the businessman from the 1948 crash there aer the reson why its haunted,

In 1948 a DC3 Dakota plane from Belgian Airlines crashed while on approach to Runway 2-8-Right during a terrible, foggy night. It

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
i heard that sometimes that if a person loved a place so much they carry on haunting that place long after they have died

join