It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-General say Rumsfeld OK's the prison torturing!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well if we all didn't already know it, a former general states that Rumsfeld himself ordered or OK'd the abuse in the detainment camps. Let's hear the spin now from the GOP...

Any thoughts?

AAC

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Nice find! I have read elsewhere that other people had seen memos, etc. that Rumsfeld authorized torture, and of course we've all known for a long time that the U.S. has abandoned the Geneva Conventions, calling them "quaint" and "outdated". I always suspected that Rumsfeld had ordered torture. I'm so glad he's gone. Maybe the military can get on with their work and not be hamstrung by that idiot.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Ok, the incomptent General in charge of Abu-Ghraib wants to blame Rumsfeld? Sounds like a case of CYA to me.

Are you really pinning your hopes of discrediting Rumsfeld on this person?

en.wikipedia.org...

Karpinski was demoted to Colonel for dereliction of duty, making a material misrepresentation to investigators, failure to obey a lawful order and shoplifting. Karpinski had failed to inform the Army as required when filling out an official document about an earlier arrest on an Air Force base in the US on a misdemeanour charge.

For those of you who do not know what CYA is...let me give you a hint...COVER YOUR...you figure out the rest!

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Ok, the incomptent General in charge of Abu-Ghraib wants to blame Rumsfeld? Sounds like a case of CYA to me.

Are you really pinning your hopes of discrediting Rumsfeld on this person?

en.wikipedia.org...

Karpinski was demoted to Colonel for dereliction of duty, making a material misrepresentation to investigators, failure to obey a lawful order and shoplifting. Karpinski had failed to inform the Army as required when filling out an official document about an earlier arrest on an Air Force base in the US on a misdemeanour charge.

For those of you who do not know what CYA is...let me give you a hint...COVER YOUR...you figure out the rest!

You're putting your faith in something it "sounds like" while you lack millions of pertenant details surrounding the incident. Man you sure must be in love with the GOP to defend this witha "sounds like" rebuttal.

How about we get all the information... Stack up all the misdemeanors or felonies of Rumsfeld and this general while they've served and see whose stacks higher. Are you kidding. How many Generals came out prior to his resignation claming he was an arroogant prick that they thought should resign?

AAC

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

You're putting your faith in something it "sounds like" while you lack millions of pertenant details surrounding the incident. Man you sure must be in love with the GOP to defend this witha "sounds like" rebuttal.

How about we get all the information... Stack up all the misdemeanors or felonies of Rumsfeld and this general while they've served and see whose stacks higher. Are you kidding. How many Generals came out prior to his resignation claming he was an arroogant prick that they thought should resign?

AAC

You're putting your faith in a shoplifting General!

Felonies and misdemeanors against Rumsfeld? Give me a break! The 2 groups of people cheering his resignation where Democrats and Terrorists. That should tell you something.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Don't forget that the american people chose the democrats over the GOP. So are you saying that the american people are like terrorist? If not, you see how silly your point is...

BTW, Republican Generals called for his resignation as well. R U just bitter that because war-mongering in no longer in style?

AAC

new topics

top topics

join