It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phantom time hypothesis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I've only just heard of this idea.

I can understand how they could have got the date wrong with the Gregorian calender. It's could just be a mathematical error. (Measure twice cut once?)

But surely dating techniques would have picked up an anomaly as big as a 300 year gap. I'm going to have to go back and brush up on the Timelines for the period.

P.S. I cant believe this has had so few replies in FIVE years???

S&F. I hope this thread gets more attention. I can think of a few members whose comments I'd be interested in.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

As all those 'world will end in 2012' threads are popping up I would like to ask a question. First I don't believe all this 'word end' stuff but as I haven't done any research into this topic I don't know what the Maya calender was about. In my opinion they just run out of space but this is just what I believe and not neccessarily a fact.

But what I would like to ask is if this Maya calender is really synced with our calender. When they tell me that the Maya calendar is about to end 2012 is this really OUR 2012 or is it 2012 years after x. If our current calendar was 'manipulated' a few times and they meant 2012 years after x then I don't understand all those threads about the end comming

Added: As I don't see a link in the OP I would like to add one here: Phantom Time Hypothesis
edit on 26-8-2011 by UnixFE because: Added link

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by UnixFE

I'm no 2012 expert either, but, the way I understand it the Mayan calender is circular and does not end in 2012 but starts again. Just like the world does not end at midnight every day.

If the missing years theory were true, and I don't believe it is, then 2012 would be a few hundred years in the future.

This is all of course a bit off topic.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The theory is silly

The western world doesn't exist in a vaccum. During that period the Islamic invasions occurred and THEY kept records, as did the Chinese and Indians. The first writings in Anglo-Saxon appeared in the 8th century, etc

Example: These are books written in the 7th century...

Bobbio Orosius
Book of Chen
Book of Jin
Book of Liang
Book of Northern Qi
Book of Sui
Book of Zhou
Chronicle of Fredegar
Chronicon Paschale
Conversion of Kartli (chronicle)
Historia de regibus Gothorum, Vandalorum et Suevorum
History of Northern Dynasties