It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Austria happy about TYPHOON

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
In support of ongoing export efforts, the chief of the Austrian air force, Major General Erich Wolf, and a delegation from the Turkish air force, both gained first hand experience of the manoeuvrability of the Eurofighter Typhoon. After his flight General Wolf commented: "This was the most impressive aircraft I've ever flown and I've flown many aircraft including the F-16, F-18, MIG-29 and the Gripen. An outstanding aeroplane with outstanding performance that meets our expectations and requirements. The man-machine interface is surperb and pilot orientated.

[edit on 25/11/2006 by ShadowOrphan]




posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Thumbs up from the Chief of the Austrian Air Force

[edit on 25/11/2006 by ShadowOrphan]



posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowOrphan
"This was the most impressive aircraft I've ever flown and I've flown many aircraft including the F-16, F-18, MIG-29 and the Gripen..."


I sure hope so, anything less and it would have been bad PR. I think Austria got about 18 Typhoons?

[edit on 25-11-2006 by WestPoint23]



posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowOrphan

Thumbs up from the Chief of the Austrian Air Force

[edit on 25/11/2006 by ShadowOrphan]


all i see is a Red X



posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It looks most European countries will choose Typhoon, since the fighter shot Eagle Fighter in RedFlag execise. I also appreciate this advanced fighter that is only one would go ahead of Su-27 except F-22. I believe that while UK upgrade power of EJ200 be equal to F414, Typhhon would also can do stable supercruise after F-22 did.



posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile
It looks most European countries will choose Typhoon, since the fighter shot Eagle Fighter in RedFlag execise.


Could you clarify what you are referring to here, thanks.


Originally posted by emile
I also appreciate this advanced fighter that is only one would go ahead of Su-27 except F-22.


I think you will find that there are a host of other aircraft which can meet and or exceed the capabilities of even the latest Flanker variants when it comes to A2A combat.



posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
It is very fortunate indeed that the Austrian AF thinks so highly of the Typhoon. Especially since Austria recently discovered that cancelling the order would cost them over £1bn to be left with no effective air defence fighters at all.

I'm sure that little fact has no bearing on this announcement, however




top topics



 
0

log in

join