It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Matt Groening trying to warn us of the NWO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I was watching Futurama the other day and couldn't help but notice the similarities between the year 3000 Futurama world, and the New World Order.

For example, in Futurama their exists a one world government headed by the President of Earth(and later the diabolical dictator Richard Nixon), everyone has a career chip implanted in their hand that assigns them a permanent job, there is a one world currency. Mom is the evil corporation which owns 49% of the world, and the list goes on. And at the beginning of one of the episodes the joke caption is "You can't prove it won't happen!"

I know that the guys who wrote the show are big geeks, and I've even noticed references in the Simpson to reptilians and hollow earth. What do you think?
Sorry if a similar topic has been posted here before, I tried a search but couldn't find anything

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
"Interesting if true..."

There are numerous stories of the future that follow along the same theme, and I think that Futurama, for the most part, is just a clever parody of the old Sci-Fi novels and comics. Ever see "Logan's Run"? Or "Star Trek"?

Matt Groening is one of the funniest and cleverest people in the entertainment industry, it wouldn't surprise me a bit to find out he was intentionally hiding NWO references in his shows. I have never noticed any Reptilian or H.E. references in The Simpsons, but I don't watch that much TV anymore either.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
i noticed that aswell with futerama

and also from the SIMPSONS, Episode 91, Season 5 (5-10) $pringfield, Written by Bill Oakley, Josh Weinstein. Directed by Wes Archer. Original airdate: 1993/12/16. In one scene germs on Smithers' face sing out "Freemasons run the country" while in an earlier scene a garbled reference is made to the Pythagorean formula for right angle triangles. Production Code 1F08 *

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The ancient order of the Stone Cutters owns u all! Myself, I quit the order to join the ancient order of the No Homers. hehehe I love that episode. The mock freemasonary group sings about owning everything.

Anyways, I think Futurama is a typical futuristic view of the world. Aliens and round "rocket shaped" space ships and one world government. I dont think its a warning. More like a "hey, its probably gonna happen with or without the aliens."

theunjustmedia.com...
Matt Groening the creator of the most famous cartoons The Simpsons is a self confessed anarchist. He has himself admitted that he wanted to get his own political ideas across within his own work but he wanted to do it in such a way that people find it easy to accept his ideas & the means he chose for this was the cartoon "The Simpsons".

[edit on 11/26/2006 by ViolatoR]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The episode of the simpsons I remember the reptilians being on home was on a crane and bungied through a man hole and went to the centre of the earth. He passed several levels, which on one were reptilians, and on the last one were mole men with an earthquake machine.

I always get a feeling that the writers are into conspiracies, and let us not forget that the simpsons and futurama are both on Fox!

[edit on 26-11-2006 by moonsdescend]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I wouldn't be suprized if they read these conspiracies here or somewhere else and thought :"hey, people believe this... let's make a joke out of it and let them make more conspiracies and come back later to see what we can add"... I look at more than 1 possibilty, so please don't take it the wrong way.

I don't want to be offensive or anything, but secret has a meaning... if something is a secret... no one will know about it.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Bumping this old thread with some new thoughts.

This is a review from the most recent Futurama Episode called:
"Attack of the Killer App".

To save some time, I've posted a breakdown of the episode according to IGN, which you can read in full here.

The comedic target of this week's episode was Apple's infamous iPhone. In Futurama, it's the "eyePhone" (as it's actually lodged into your eye) and it's brought to us by MomCorp.

At first it seemed her only plan was to use the eyePhone for information gathering and direct marketing sales. I must say I was floored by her past failed attempt at information gathering; the hysterical Infosquitos.

Of course, Mom couldn't stop at mass marketing sales pitches, and she upped the ante with an army of zombies. That it turned out to be a comment on how Apple is creating iPhone loving zombies made it all the better.

Personally, I'll never be able to look at the Simpsons or Futurama the same way, thanks to the episode titled 'Homer vs New York' which highlighted the potential attacks of 9/11 - a lengthy period of time prior to the actual event.

Is this episode simply satire? Probably. But so was the Simpsons New York episode. Until something happened.

'Attack of the Killer App' makes some curious references to a few things. I strongly suggest you guys check out the full episode, minimally, it's rather funny.

Here is one of those references:
Fry: "Since when is the internet about robbing people of their privacy?"
Bender: "August 6th 1991"

From wikipedia:

1991 – Tim Berners-Lee releases files describing his idea for the World Wide Web. WWW debuts as a publicly available service on the Internet.

Sir Timothy John "Tim" Berners-Lee, OM, KBE, FRS, FREng, FRSA (born 8 June 1955[1], also known as "TBL"), is a British engineer and computer scientist and MIT professor credited with inventing the World Wide Web, making the first proposal for it in March 1989.[2]

The first Web site built was at CERN, and was first put on line on 6 August 1991.

So...
thats just about the longest possible route that you can have to get to a joke. Who would know that obscure fact off hand? and to go even further, - if you knew it, would the joke even be funny?

This is coupled with the show's premise that focuses on Mom (Owner of MomCorp, The show's super-giant corporation) who are waiting for a certain amount of followers (or users) to be connected to each other at a certain period of time. This becomes known to the viewer just as Fry and Bender engage in an race to achieve 1,000,000 followers.

This is the point of the episode that begins to feel odd to me. At the point that either of them achieve 1,000,000 followers, Mom plans to send a computer virus through their system and infect everyone that they know. And unfortunately, because the chips are embedded inside of the users, the virus actually takes on a physical mind control.

Could there be something here? How many bills are circulating regarding cyber security measures and internet clampdowns? How many people have iphones? How vulnerable are they? Aren't we looking down the barrel of a cyber attack false flag?

Could this episode be a warning of some kind?

join