It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swearing and how Not to

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Oh, sure, all the time.

But nothing too extreme, the F word is a bit too much really.

My best curse words are light ones, 'bloody' and 'bugger'. Bloody classic.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I never cursed for the first 20 years of my life, and then I was corrupted, lol.
When my daughter's were born I decided to stop sursing, because I listened to my sister in law curse at the age of 5-6 years old, and no one thought a think about it, no one thought it was wrong, or in approproiate, and no one corrected her.
And it would be hypocrasy for them to, because she learned from them
I decided my daughter's would not learn to curse from me.
I think the worse they may have heard was a dammit when I stepped on a sliver of broken glass..
The world is hard enough, the children grow up fast enough.
No doubt, my daughters will curse when they are older, and on their own, but I hope that they will remember when they are mothers, that their mom hardly ever cursed around them, just as my mother hardly ever cursed around me.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This is just the thing, most parents will not swear a blue streak around their kids, but the parents who do, well, THEIR kids corrupt OUR kids at school.

I can remember being a kid, and I had this friend who used to swear ALL the time.

I went over to his house one night and I found out why he swore so much.

His mother was a potty mouth and he was an 8 year old parrot.

It's a shame really, especially when it comes out of a little kids mouth.

When they grow up, it's ok I guess, looking at the state of the world and all.

When they have kids of their own though, well, they should try and ZIP it.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I tried frak yesterday. Tried, didnt always succeed but when I did it had some degree of emotion but I have got to say... F is simply a great word and so hard to be broken from because it can be a noun, verb, pronoun, adverb, SO MANY USES.

In the same breath however, I will tell you I dont say that ugly word outside of my house and *my* people so yes... obviously I can control it.

Sadly, Im not ready to. The F word is simply an awesome word, as foul as it sounds.

Then again, a faggot is a cigarette in London so who is to judge? As long as I keep Gods name out of my mouth there will be a place for me in Heaven

Fag is far worse of a word to 'curse' someone with than 'f'er. Many a time, seen fists start flying at fag. People walk away from you with a mere f'er so it must not be as bad as society wants to make it out to be.

So, F it.

<< 1   >>

join