It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Both parties are selling out America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 04:43 AM
link   
There is a solution to the erosion of American jobs and only congress can apply the solution. But, they won't without enormous grassroots pressure. Click on/or copy and paste the link below::

www.geocities.com...

Jim Grimes

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   
They sure are. Thats the main problem with a two party system. Next election consider voting for a 3rd 4rth or 5th party.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The United States should have at least 40 or 50 political parties. A country as small as Holland (16 million inhabitants) had about ten the last election.

Aruba (100000 inhabitants, 55000-60000 voters) had 6 or seven parties in the last election.

So why is the United States of America still #ing around with only two main parties and one or two outsiders???

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Because the two we have now have such a hold on things and so much more money its hard for any party to do anything anymore.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
And you call that democracy???

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Lookit, Bandit, we have other parties, and people can vote for them. The just never do anything in the polls.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
TC,

That's why I mentioned the word "main".

And why don't they ever do anything in the polls??? Familiarity? Inability of the weaker parties? Lack of money?? The two Giants peeling away any good politicians in the weaker ones???

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
What I thoink is that people are afraid of throwing away their votes. Many actually think that by not voting for one of the two main horses, they are wasting their time. My position is, if we continue to give the two main parties our votes, it'll never change. Thios election is as good as any election. Eventually, either another party or two or three will gain proper support to change things, or the two main ones will realize we are all really pissed off and change their ways.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I think the general opinion about 3rd, 4th, 5th.. parties is they are a waste of vote. Usually when one has a strong cause one of the big two will take their cause to keep the party from getting to popular.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
The United States should have at least 40 or 50 political parties. A country as small as Holland (16 million inhabitants) had about ten the last election.

Aruba (100000 inhabitants, 55000-60000 voters) had 6 or seven parties in the last election.

So why is the United States of America still #ing around with only two main parties and one or two outsiders???

because it makes it easier for them to polarize issues so its either "this way" or "that way" and people like me are seen as a threat because i'm too "centrist" in my views or i am accused of being a wishy washy middle of the road person.

what better way to rule a people and keep them under your thumb than to use the conquer and divide method?

i know i'd use this tactic if i wanted to stay in power.

the two parties have pretty much brained washed the people of this country into seeing things in two different ways when there are almost an infinite number of ways to see the issues that face this nation. of course when people realize this they realize at the same time that the two parties dont seem to speak for them anymore so they look for other parties or people to speak for them. that of course would lead to the downfall of the two party system and neither dems or reps could possibly have that. all that special interest money? it'd go to someone else and they cant possibly let that happen. they'd have to actually work together or people would really start to see them for who they really are, self conservationalists. they are self serving parties with self serving members who will do anything to make sure the system stays the way it is.

people must, should and hopefully WILL learn that there are more than two ways to view any issue and there are more than two ways to get those issues taken care of. far too many on this board play their games for them. far too many on this board are blinded by rhetoric and political agenda to see they are being duped into playing the role of foot soldier for those who dont give a rusty # about them and never will. unfortunately you cant tell them this, they think you just hate their party and all you're doing is spewing BS at them. basically they go into denial mode and bash you relentlessly for daring to defy THEIR party.

but i still persist in my actions. i wont give up as much as many would love for me to. i AM a threat. to them. to their system. to their control over us. i am a huge #ing threat! the most dangerous man is an educated man, a man who sees the scam being pulled on him and stops buying into it. no surprise then in how people treat me here...is it? of course not!

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Lookit, Bandit, we have other parties, and people can vote for them. The just never do anything in the polls.

true...but does anybody else think that these "polls" maybe a conspiracy unto themselves?

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

true...but does anybody else think that these "polls" maybe a conspiracy unto themselves?

polls are a means to get people to view things a certain way, to get them to vote a certain way, to think a certain way, to live a certain way...etc.

polls are the work of the politicians, the self preservationalists and those who want to keep them in power.

may be a conspiracy? no they ARE a conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
...far too many on this board play their games for them. far too many on this board are blinded by rhetoric and political agenda to see they are being duped into playing the role of foot soldier for those who dont give a rusty # about them and never will. unfortunately you cant tell them this, they think you just hate their party and all you're doing is spewing BS at them. basically they go into denial mode and bash you relentlessly for daring to defy THEIR party...

Hmmm...TC, it wasn't that very long ago that I mentioned something along this line & added something to the effect that instead of gripping at each other, we should join forces & change the government...Simply *because* the polarized "issues" have kept this nation conquered & divided.

Do you remember that, TC?

And that's when you riminded me which forum topic this actually *is*?

But Prank Monkey has made a valid point that merely *having* a political mud-slinging forum is just a *confirmation & justification* of that manipulative mentality that the political parties practice...All of the extremists that keep slinging mud are only *reinforcing* the government's "divide & conquer* machinations on The People...In other words, the extremists that can do nothing but continue slinging mud at each other only *support the status quo from both major parties* that keeps them in power & us continually at each others' throats!

Do *you & Colonel* (And the other extremists) make this Nation sound like a States United?...

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
We were sold out in 1947...

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Get a 80% TO 90% VOTER TURN OUT, AND WE'D HAVE A 3RD PARTY PRESIDENT!?!?!

BUT

Keep 40% numbers on local elections of Congress, that consolidate & mobilize a small percentage of actual voters and BAM! you have what we have today.

new topics

top topics

join