It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Get this, Richard Snell, a former resident of Elohim City, a large fundy christian compound in Oklahoma is executed on April 19th 1995, the same day as the oklamhoma city bombing. Before his execution he taunted jailers that somthing big was gonna happen. He was being killed for other charges, a botched robbery, but he had also been convicted of planing to blow up the Alfered P Murrow Federal Building, which was blown up that day. Timothy McVay spend some time Elohim, along with several other unidentified accomplices. To many conicidences......

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Interesting...

Do you have a link to back up this claim?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Snell was executed for murdering pawnshop owner William Stumpp on November 11, 1983 and murdering a state trooper on June 30, 1984 in De Queen Arkansas. Snell claimed he was framed for the murder of Stumpp. He also claimed the killing of the state trooper was justified as it was self defense. It is curious that when Snell was picked up by authorities in Broken Bow, Oklahoma, he was still carrying the weapon he used to kill Stumpp.

Snell and another member of the CSA (William Thomas) were believed to be involved in earlier bombings. On November 2 ,1983 a natural gas pipeline was blown up near Fulton, Arkansas. Apparently they believed (wrongly) that the pipeline was a major conduit from Gulf of Mexico gas fields to Chicago. Later that month they attempted to bomb a major electrical transmission line.

The day of his execution, Snell spent the last three hours of his life with Elohim City patriarch, Reverend Robert Millar. Millar and Elohim City are worthy of much more scrutiny.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I don't see a warning - just a vauge threat..

His last words?

"Governor Tucker, look over your shoulder; justice is coming. I wouldn't trade places with you or any of your cronies. Hell has victories. I am at peace."

Richard Wayne Snell, Arkansas, January 19, 1995.

[edit on 25-11-2006 by crisko]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
but still the timing is pretty damn intsresting. He had planned to blow up that building. The same day that building is blown up. That warrents some investigating. And as for my sorce I used the researchers best frined, wikipedia.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Elohim City has been around for awhile and long considered the home of the right wing lunatic fringe.

Far too many people have been labeled "conspiracy theorists" because they followed and they tracked and they KNEW that the connection was there. In the world of right-wing racists, supremacists, separatists and neo-Nazi's it has long been said that "all roads lead to Elohim City."

Source

I'm surprised they've been allowed to stay in business so long.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
That is rather interesting. While I am at first inclined to think it is nothing more than a bizarre coincidence, I must admit that there do appear to be a few connections that peak my curiousity. Will do a little bit of 'net searchin' and post anything that might be of value to the discussion.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
heres some speculation. Snells plan was to shoot the buidling with a rocket launcher, not the best of plans. McVay is at Elohim City, hears about he building and decides to take the thing down. Why? In revenge. He knows when snell will be executed. He blows it up then and it looks like the Elohim city guys did it. Turns the attention over to them. probally would have worked if he had been smart enough to drive with licence plates.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidbones
a large fundy christian compound in Oklahoma

Please define fundy Christian compound.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
What's it to you? I think you know exactly what he's talking about. Do you have some issue with the terminology or something? Come on out with it then.

I think squidbones is on to something here, and there is no such thing as coincidence. The timing and the connections between the people and the places are there.

Please don't derail the thread just because you take exception to the word "fundy", or the lack of a capital "c", or whatever.

Btw, squid don't have bones, they're invertebrates. They have this weird, hard clear cartilage that runs the length of their body and keeps them from being a blob of stinky, ink-filled jelly. They make great bait for yellow tail and white seabass, though.

Good topic!

peace. out.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
If snell and mcveigh were part of the radical right wing militias, then maybe snell caught wind of it. Maybe people that were in the know made a point to tell snell, since they knew he wouldn't spoil the plot, and was going to be executed soon.
?

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Please define fundy Christian compound.

Lets stick to the immediate topic, there's far too much potential for needless diggressions there, there are plenty of place where we can all discuss the issues related to that question.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yes, i am aware that squids don't have names. I dont think that McVay and Snell were working together, I think that he set it off that day to attempt to shift the blame to Elohim City. Or maybe who ever did it tried to blame the Elohim City types. It is interesting that although the stated purpose of the bombing was to avenge Waco, it kind of justified action agaist waco types. So check out this link, its about Ronald Griesasaker, who might be John Doe #3, the suspected but never confirmed accomplis, External Link.

But didn't they find a leg that they had no body for and they think that it belonged to John Doe #3?

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by crisko
I don't see a warning - just a vauge threat..

His last words?

"Governor Tucker, look over your shoulder; justice is coming. I wouldn't trade places with you or any of your cronies. Hell has victories. I am at peace."

Richard Wayne Snell, Arkansas, January 19, 1995.

Not quite. The bomb went off in Oklahoma at 9:00 am, it was all over the news the morning of Snell's execution. Guards observed Snell "smiling and chuckling" on the day of his execution as he viewed television reports about the bombing.

In the weeks leading up to his execution, Snell made statements to guards that a bombing was imminent. Snell also told Reverend Millar the same thing.

"Some of the corrections officers heard (Snell) in a visitors room talking with people, saying there would be a large explosion or event of some type. He said the immediate reaction would be to blame it on Middle Eastern types. This was prior," said Alan Ables, a former Arkansas corrections official.
Link

Alan Ables also said Snell made comments in his last week "that he wished he wasn't leaving; he'd like to stick around a few more weeks because he wanted to watch what was going to happen."

Snell definately knew something.

It is interesting to note that by this time Elohim City had been thoroughly penetrated by under-cover FBI and ATF agents.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
For anyone who hasn't read The Oklahoma City Bombing and the Politics of Terror by David Hoffman, I will supply a link as it is now available to read online. The book was pulped not long after release.

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) _ The California publisher of a controversial book about the Oklahoma City bombing will destroy copies of the book as part of a settlement of a lawsuit filed by a former FBI official over false and inaccurate statements in the book. Stan Twardy, attorney for former FBI official Oliver "Buck" Revell, said Friday that the number of books being destroyed was not available but he described it as "substantial." The publisher said all books in its distributor's warehouse would be destroyed. Revell said David Hoffman's book, "The Oklahoma City Bombing and The Politics of Terror" contained false and inaccurate statements about him and "by innuendo" portrayed him as a co-conspirator in the bombing. Feral House Inc. promised to destroy copies of the book to avoid "further dissemination of inaccurate statements." "Whatever `The Oklahoma City Bombing and the Politics of Terror' states, alleges or implies, it is now my understanding that Mr. Revell had nothing to do with any alleged CIA drug smuggling, so-called `death squads' or malfeasance involving the Oklahoma City bombing, before or after," Feral House President Adam Parfrey wrote in an open letter. The settlement was reached Wednesday. Twardy said it included a payment to Revell, but he couldn't disclose the amount. The April 19, 1995, bombing killed 168 people and injured more than 500 others. The lawsuit is still pending against Hoffman and two of the book's sources. Hoffman pleaded guilty in June to misdemeanor jury tampering. He had sent the book to an alternate on the grand jury investigating a series of conspiracy theories about the bombing. Timothy McVeigh was convicted and sentenced to death in the bombing. Terry Nichols is serving life in prison on federal convictions of conspiracy and involuntary manslaughter.

Thank you for putting my book on-line. However you should note in the preamble (the wire article) that Oliver "Buck" Revell just LOST his libel suit against us.
We won strictly on briefs; the case never even went to trial [in federal court].

Also, my book was just acclaimed by Gore Vidal in September's Vanity Fair
as the best and most complete book on the Oklahoma City Bombing!

The Oklahoma City Bombing and the Politics of Terror

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This quote from an AP article hot off the presses ties right in with this thread:

The FBI failed to fully investigate information suggesting other suspects may have helped Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols with the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, allowing questions to linger more than a decade after the deadly attack, a congressional inquiry concludes.

Rohrabacher's report cites several leads the subcommittee believes were not fully investigated, including:

_Information that McVeigh called a German citizen living at a white supremacist compound in Oklahoma two weeks before the bombing and that two witnesses saw the men together before the bombing.

_Witness accounts that another man was seen with McVeigh around the time of the bombing. The FBI originally looked for another suspect it named John Doe 2, even providing a sketch, but abruptly dropped that line of inquiry. The subcommittee concludes that decision was a mistake.

No link yet. The article has a lot more interesting stuff I won't quote due to da rules.

top topics

join