It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

? Who Else here thinks that Humans, are not Native to this planet?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I believe the evidence of science and not some made-up feeling or imagination. Science fiction programmes on the telly are just that - science fiction.

Humans did not come another planet. There is no evidence for this. It may be that some people you know seem to live on another planet, but that is a humerous slight, rather than factual.

Regards

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

Are you serious? Because i actually do have a negative blood type and felt like an alien for some time now.... wow

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
modern man came from the moon , only way i see ancient astronaut to be even a valid theory,

man killed man inorder to make man but modern man did not differ from ancient man..

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfi221
I keep having an erie feeling that humans are not native to earth but are common among this galaxy ? and if thats the case, why would they leave earth ? please post your thoughts, i think the show stargate Sg1 got it right on the head

[edit on 24-11-2006 by semperfi221]

I think you need to get out more. Too much ATS and sci-fi can really mess you up

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Sometimes I think so............Dont know why though.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Just a small amount of scientific literacy would eliminate these non-sensical neo-religious beliefs about humans coming from another planet or being created by a race of conveniently absent extraterrestrial space wanderers.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish

Originally posted by Kaytagg
We share 98% of our DNA with chimps.

That says it all.. We're from earth, buddy.

That's terrible logic.

There is no proof that we don't share 99% of our DNA with Martians.

That would also mean that Martians share ~98% of their DNA with chimps..

So unless chimpanzees came from mars, too, we're from earth.

/edit and closely related to chimps.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

I keep having an erie feeling that humans are not native to earth but are common among this galaxy ? and if thats the case, why would they leave earth ? please post your thoughts, i think the show stargate Sg1 got it right on the head

I think you need to get out more. Too much ATS and sci-fi can really mess you up

Lol Im pretty sure he's been out a bit in the past 3-4 years since he posted the thread.

Holy bumping batman!!!!

If anything I go for the we were always here, but perhaps had some help along the way..

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish

That's terrible logic.

There is no proof that we don't share 99% of our DNA with Martians.

That would also mean that Martians share ~98% of their DNA with chimps..

So unless chimpanzees came from mars, too, we're from earth.

/edit and closely related to chimps.

No I think the point he was making is that there may be a common link between all of us - from the rackus worm of Polax 5 in the Awa system, to the fruit flies of the 3'rd planet in the Alpha Quadrant of the Sol system.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

This is very interesting I didn't know this before. Have scientists got any explanation to why they don't share the "monkey gene" ?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

This is very interesting I didn't know this before. Have scientists got any explanation to why they don't share the "monkey gene" ?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Humans settled on Earth from other planets a long time ago. They were looking for a new settlement while conditions on their home planets were worsening.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
sci-fi can really mess you up

Actually a lot of sci-fi are based on real events like Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate. They are not science fiction. Sure, they might be considered science fiction on Earth but in the universe somewhere, they are very real.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

You speak like you have proof? Could you please provide some?

I don't mean to be rude it just seems strange for someone to talk like they know the facts when in fact it could be a theory?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by arrkkangel
i have had a good thought about this myself and it wouldnt surprise me at all if we are not native to this world. if you think about it we have no real connection with this planet excepting the fact that we consume its resources to keep ourselves alive. we have no bond with its animals we don't rely on any anther animals except to eat them.

we also try and distance ourselves from nature as much as possible, making our own foods because we dont like the taste of the natural food so much.

other animals on this planet are connected with it in a way that they know when bad weather is coming long before it comes. we don't know about a storm until its ontop of us. we have no real hard wiring to nature and we are not at an equilibrium with this planet like every single other animal on this planet.

not to mention we sort of just popped up a few thousand years ago with very intelligent brains. its like our brains have not lost or gained any intelligence since then it is more like we have been gaining knowledge. after if you were dropped on a planet with a few other of your species and taught nothing about your culture or the planet you were dropped on or anything for that matter it would probably take a long time to gather the amount of knowledge we have today as a collective.

Damn this thread is ancient....

Oh good Lord have mercy... "No real connection to this planet..." Please, give me a break.

The evidence is overwhelming that we as a species evolved here on good ol' Terra.

The Fossil record
Genetic affinities
Circadian Rythms
Blood Chemistry & Salinity Ratios
Menstruation Cycles
Similarities in embryonic development stages with other Terran species.

That's just off the top of my head... the list goes on and on....

Holy Crap.... I gotta find another forum... this one is becoming laughable.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Do you have proof or are you just making an assumption?

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Dargar]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
No I think the point he was making is that there may be a common link between all of us - from the rackus worm of Polax 5 in the Awa system, to the fruit flies of the 3'rd planet in the Alpha Quadrant of the Sol system.

Oh. Well, we don't share 98% of our DNA with fruit flies, or anything else besides chimpanzees, for that matter, so the point remains the same.

If we were from mars, then so are chimpanzees. That seems highly unlikely.. And, really, the point is that we evolved from primates. So.. I guess take from that what you will. My interpretation of the thread was that "we're too special to be from earth, ergo we're aliens' babies."

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfi221

It's not more than a little gut feeling that we are not from here, or evolved like Darwin suggested.

2 Things:

Why don't we have a sense for upcoming earthquakes like most animals have?

Why don't we know automatically what we can and cannot eat like most animals?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Yeah, I agree.
I feel us humans are incredibly arrogant by thinking we are wonderous and more worthy or have more value or are more intelligent than other species on the earth.

Each species is here to do what they are programmed to do.
We are no different.

In the big scheme of things taken over thousands of years, all of the species are here to propogate and keep the species going, us included.

If you look for instance, at how intelligent Ant colonies, Bee colonies and other species are considering their size and what they accomplish on a day to day basis, no one can deny the sheer wonder/intelligence/order of it.
Especially when you take into consideration the miniscule brain size.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
reply to post by semperfi221

It's not more than a little gut feeling that we are not from here, or evolved like Darwin suggested.

2 Things:

Why don't we have a sense for upcoming earthquakes like most animals have?

Why don't we know automatically what we can and cannot eat like most animals?

You do know what you can, and can not eat. Primarily by taste/smell/look/texture. That is enough to keep you alive in your natural habitat.

To your second question, .. All i will say is that different species have different senses. Snakes can "see" infrared. We can not. Birds can "see" magnetic field lines. We can not.

That's evolution at work, for ya...

Read a book.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join