It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who remembers the tsumani

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
my underground has had a theory.....the tsunami last year was no more than a test.....make a big sonic blasts [big bombs of some sort] and it causes a massive wave that destroy entire coast lines [indonesia] and then you detonate one on the other side to combat and even out the waves to protect yourself. sounds plausible.....I expect he govt to come out soon saying they "studied" the wave and came up with everything i just said......exept that it was test not a study. then we will be sending subs to drown coast city by fall 2008....thoughts all

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
There have been a lot of conspiracy theories about the tsunami, but the energy required to produce it would have been much larger than the largest nuclear bomb ever known to be made by man.

I think it's impossible that this was a manmade occurrance.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
No. Not really. Sounds a bit uneducated to me, which "underground" is this??

A sonic boom will not create a tsunami.
A nuclear weapon will not create a tsunami. We have tested nuclear weapons for naval warfare and it never caused a tsunami.
Blast waves are circular. If you detonate a blast affixed to a solid object that wouldn't be disrupted by the blast, you can direct the explosion. In water the blast wave move faster and stronger and in all directions because the mass of the water is equal on all sides.

So, if theoretically you could do as you say, detonate a bomb and it send a tsunami, then detonate on the other side to protect your self, the other side of the blast radius coming from your bomb will still send a tsunami at you anyways.

Sending subs to flood all the worlds coastlines?
Right.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_AM_OVERLORD1
my underground has had a theory....

Sounds like your "underground" never comes out of their mothers basement...

There has been documentaries on TV that show the actual fault underwater where the sea bed has lifted up to 30 feet in some places.

There is no conspiracy here. Oh, and stay in school! Dont do drugs!

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by donk_316
Sounds like your "underground" never comes out of their mothers basement...

There is no conspiracy here. Oh, and stay in school! Dont do drugs!

I've always found when fatherly advice is given, it typically derives from experience. I can only believe that your kindly admonition to this member is such.

Thanks for caring.

Dismissed.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
There seems to be a lot of underestimation into the power there is in earthquakes for some reason. Remember the north korean nuclear test? That registered as a magnitude 4.2 earthquake. the Tsunami causing earthquake was a 9.1, or 10^5 times as powerful as as the north korean nuclear test. if the N. korea test was about 10kT, then you would need 1GT to make a magnitude 9 I think. Frankly I don't think we're going to have anywhere near that explosive power for a while.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

my underground has had a theory.....the tsunami last year was no more than a test.....make a big sonic blasts [big bombs of some sort] and it causes a massive wave that destroy entire coast lines [indonesia] and then you detonate one on the other side to combat and even out the waves to protect yourself. sounds plausible.....I expect he govt to come out soon saying they "studied" the wave and came up with everything i just said......exept that it was test not a study. then we will be sending subs to drown coast city by fall 2008....thoughts all

notice though i said bombs in PLURAL...and i never said nuclear.....the could have used a hundred or so hydrogen bombs or something.......and my underground is a very well educated panel of peole who balance each other out by putting in their opinion in their specialty of area of expertice.....and no there are no drugs here

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Fine, but you'd still need a lot of Thermonuclear bombs to do it, and then there would be a lot of fallout. Ok, so if not nuclear, then what with?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   

notice though i said bombs in PLURAL...and i never said nuclear.....the could have used a hundred or so hydrogen bombs or something.......and my underground is a very well educated panel of peole who balance each other out by putting in their opinion in their specialty of area of expertice.....and no there are no drugs here

A hundred Hydrogen bombs....

Thats a lot - I mean alot of bombs.

Where did the radiation go?

are there reports of lessened returns on local fisheries? I mean A hundred Hydrogen bombs will kill a lot fish, not to mention the radiation - that is something that would affect the entire globe, every ocean.

Yea - a hundred bombs - billions of dollars - to destroy the worlds weakest economies.

Hundreds of bombs, hundreds.

[edit on 25-11-2006 by crisko]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
the problem with this conspiracy theory is that the original and official version of the event makes complete sense

you make up a conspiracy theory to make sense of a situation whose official version is sketchy

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
ok i was wrong forgive me.....ill form my theorys better next time

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

ok i was wrong forgive me.....ill form my theorys better next time

it's okay
we all make mistakes once in a while
at least you admit to it, unlike many people in this world that will keep plowing ahead just so they can feel like they're right

top topics

join