It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How secure is ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I did a google search on my username and it shows up my 250 most recent threads done by me.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Only RATS (Really Above Top Secret) is off limits to search engines.

I believe the rest is public domain.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
well I left a dozen donuts in the staff Pub last night and there gone now

if you click on your user name to the left you will get a page of your recent 250 posts.
It's nothing to worry about.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
if you click on your user name to the left you will get a page of your recent 250 posts.

It's actually one better. It is a list of 250 recent threads created by the member.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I did a google search on my username and it shows up my 250 most recent threads done by me.

yes , AND ???

you seem to be confusing security with privacy

the "250 most recent posts " you cited are part of a publically acessiable web forum , which as you have discovered is google searchable

the T&C which you should have read when you created the account " maverickhunter" states this - you were never promised privacy

if you did not want your articles to be availiable to the public , you should not have posted them on a webforum

however on the issue of security , your password and E-MAIL are [ unless you choose to display your email on your profile ], are secure .

unless you have been careless enoght to include private details about yourelf in publicly displayed postings - or revealed enough to confirm that different email and forum accounts @ different sites are infact owned by the same individual . and can be combined to form a " big picture " of you - then your ATS persona is secure

bottom line - all that anyone can datamine from ats is that some one calling them self " maverickhunter " has posted the sum of your posts - what personal info they reveal about you is your responsibility - you posted it .

ats is a public forum

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Public Privacy

Originally posted by Sauron
well I left a dozen donuts in the staff Pub last night and there gone now

Dude, you wrote "EAT ME" on the box. What did you expect?

Oh and next time, more crullers please.

As for ATS being public and searchable on Google (and other search engines), that's very much by design.

After all, if no one could see it, there wouldn't be much point in posting it.

(And like chissler said, there's always RATS. *Squeak!*)

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
well...

only be worried if your username appears on the FBI website

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
well...

only be worried if your username appears on the FBI website

If that day comes... I'll be laughing my arse off!

I can only imagine what psycological pain that might cause me!

^_^

Gotcha, so my posts wont go undetected by google because it's a public forum, but I will not have to worry unless my username appears on an FBI search engine.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
You want privacy? Then don't use the INTERNET. Any forum you post on will appear on a Google search if you type in your user name.

ATS is not private. Its an open forum, where the multitudes can read what you have posted. Take care my friend, the Government is reading what you wrote

top topics

join