It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two guys face 110 years of prison for bringing Hezbollah TV in the US

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
110 years,that is fun
you know,in China,"110" is Police emergency phone number

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rrahim1
screw that they should hang them for treason against united states of penises

Wow where'd that come from?

WE don't call it that anymore by the way.

Spiderj

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
This police state is going way too far!

[edit on 24/11/2006 by Mirthful Me]

Free speech in USA is a joke.
And those who imagined Israel doesn't control USA might start to wake up.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Why do so many people in USA whine about freedom and liberty. Sometimes you need to give up a little liberty for safety.
And seriously, do you think Kim Il-sung, Adolf Hitler, or Joseph Stalin would've allowed people to broadcast the television of their enemies?
Of course they wouldn't, great visionary leaders don't do that. Still though, in America we have to keep the people convinced that they're free, but the American public consists of people that like American Idol, so that's not very hard.

It would be much easier if even the doubtful Americans would just unquestioningly get behind the governemt while we bomb brown people. You don't know these brown people, so what does it matter WHY we're bombing them. We aren't going to tell you the truth as to why anyway, and we'll try our damnedest to keep you from figuring it out.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn
Sometimes you need to give up a little liberty for safety.
And seriously, do you think Kim Il-sung, Adolf Hitler, or Joseph Stalin would've allowed people to broadcast the television of their enemies?

Are you for real, first you are trying to compare the situation in USA with what Hitler or Stalin might have done, so are you saying the freedom in USA should be equal to what it was under Hitler or Stalin.
Secondly, since when is Hezbollah the enemy of USA???????
And why do we need to give liberty for safety??? Safety from whom??? You are saying we can't hear the other side of the story as it affects or safety. So one side might be lying to us continuously, but anyone who tries to learn boths sides of the story should end up in jail. What kind of regime are you advocating. The fools in power will be delighted to have sheep like you ready to give up your freedom no matter what the truth is.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Ben Franklin would hate your guts

as for why should we care about brown people?? its becuase we are supposed to be a country of reason and liberty, what we are doing in the middle east is niether.

if our freedoms were never derailed this would be the best country on the planet, if we remove freedoms we only lower the quality of life.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I believe the charges also came from their funding by Hezbollah. 110 years sounds quite right as a sentence for aiding a terrorism group labled by the US government.

I would agree DJMessiah but hang on: Their crime is both receiving and funding Hezbollah? If only those could make up their mind!!
So not saying what your saying isn’t true but I do find it hard to swallow as surely the best way of funding Hezbollah would be not to charge anything for providing their news service? That way they wouldn’t be doing anything wrong by providing us sides of the propaganda.

I want to live in a society where I or at least my children can “see both sides of the propaganda” I certainly believe that is worth fighting for, perhaps even worth dying for. If I'm somehow killed by the enemy because we allow both sides of the propaganda to be shown then that’s fine because (in addition to it being statistically very unlikely) I’ll still be leaving behind a society worth fighting for.

Originally posted by Shots

You break the law you pay the piper.

And let us not forget in order to get a broadcasting license one needs to apply to the FCC first and you cannot broadcast until the license is approved and in this case I assume they did not.

Shots here you’re the voice of the perfect citizen-production unit.
Because the law is an ass when it’s an ass, and most of all when it interferes with our civil rights. I believe these guys facing 110 years has ether violated their freedom of speech violated, or violated mine by denying me from receiving freedom of speech.

Frankly I'm not that interested in Hezbollah TV, but I very am interested in my civil rights.
And if I was interested in Hezbollah TV, and if that makes me a surveillance target; then fine. But we behave like a dictatorship when we say “in the interests of the state what you may listen to must be denied”.
If well intended its damn stupid, and if not then its a clear sign that this war on terror is becoming too expensive; at least when it costs us the very fundamental things that it’s (apparently) supposed to protect. I favour Homeland security over “constitution dilution”.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by golddragnet

You are saying we can't hear the other side of the story as it affects or safety. So one side might be lying to us continuously, but anyone who tries to learn boths sides of the story should end up in jail. What kind of regime are you advocating. The fools in power will be delighted to have sheep like you ready to give up your freedom no matter what the truth is.

Do you honestly believe that news as told by Hezbollah is really the other side of the story, and completely objective, as opposed to the Western media's propaganda?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by golddragnet

Originally posted by Vitchilo
This police state is going way too far!

[edit on 24/11/2006 by Mirthful Me]

Free speech in USA is a joke.
And those who imagined Israel doesn't control USA might start to wake up.

Have you been unable to say what's on your mind, or been oppressed lately? Exactly how does Israel control the USA? I seem to recall on numerous occasions where we got the Israelis to do what we wanted them to do, even if it wasn't what they wanted to do, but I'm having difficulties recalling where we capitulated to the demands of the Knesset. Do you feel that our support of Israel equals their control of us? Does South Korea control us? How about Taiwan, or any other country that we support?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
Exactly how does Israel control the USA?

What an ignorant and obnoxious post. WTF did you ask am I oppressed for, have you some sort of reason for that. As for the control Israel has over USA, if you don't realise it then you are simply ignorant of how muc control Israel has. And your ignorance is no reason to ask am I oppressed, you are a first class A-Hole to begin a response like that. I won't bother to go into details, you can do your own research, educate yourself, you certainly don't deserve any kind of detailed reply from me. The world is full of sh1ts and you are one of them. Maybe some of the other more educated posters will reply to you, or you can study yourself how much aid and support Israel gets from USA, the reason it gets that support is because of the control it has over USA. Just because nobodytold you of the Israeli control of USA doesn't mean it ain't so. Here is just 1 link that might start you thinking, I won't waste any more of my time on a twerp like you. Try to show more respect to other posters in the future.

www.nesa.org.uk...

[edit on 26-2-2007 by golddragnet]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Wow it wasn't that offensive lol do you actually know what 'oppressed' means and did you read it properly?
Damn

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Is somebody having a case of the Mondays?

You said free speech is a joke. I asked have you been unable to speak your mind, or had been oppressed?
dictionary.reference.com...
You called me and A-hole and twerp, ignorant, obnoxious, among other flattering remarks. I'm obviously an idiot because I don't share your viewpoint?

The USA provides money and support to many countries, but I'm supposed to believe that Israel controls us because we give them aid too.
Could it be we support them because we believe them to be a legitimate nation, and the only western style democracy in the middle east.

Perhaps you might be taken seriously if you learn how to exchange ideas without resorting to ad hominem attacks, and name calling.
en.wikipedia.org...
propagandacritic.com...
[edit on 26-2-2007 by BlueRaja]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
the enormous control Israel has over USA should be obvious. And it is not just a question of aid, and the number of times USA has blocked resolutions against Israel at the UN. The subject would take a long time to cover, but much of it is quite open and should be very clear to see. Rather than go into details here I will leave a few links that should ge you thinking. The pro-Israel lobby in USA is not simply confined to the Jewish business men in USA that control so much of the countrys wealth. If you study the links and use your own sense of reasoning you should see very clearly that Israel does have an enormous control of USA. If you don't see it then you simply haven't looked.

www.globalresearch.ca...

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

www.csmonitor.com...

www.rense.com...

www.vialls.com...

www.brokeruniverse.com...

www.youtube.com...

video.google.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
the enormous control Israel has over USA should be obvious. And it is not just a question of aid, and the number of times USA has blocked resolutions against Israel at the UN. The subject would take a long time to cover, but much of it is quite open and should be very clear to see. Rather than go into details here I will leave a few links that should ge you thinking. The pro-Israel lobby in USA is not simply confined to the Jewish business men in USA that control so much of the countrys wealth. If you study the links and use your own sense of reasoning you should see very clearly that Israel does have an enormous control of USA. If you don't see it then you simply haven't looked.

www.globalresearch.ca...

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

www.csmonitor.com...

www.rense.com...

www.vialls.com...

www.brokeruniverse.com...

www.youtube.com...

video.google.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
I asked have you been oppressed?

If I misunderstood the intention of your post then I apologise. Over here if you were to ask someone such a question it would be assumed the tone and wording was as a patronising insult.

If you meant it in a sense of free speech, I can tell you that there isn't the free speech over here that you may assume. Only last weekend Chris Eubank was arrested for speaking his mind about the sending prince harry to Iraq to add shore up some kind of support for Blairs illegal war in Iraq. Even free speech in public in Britain is eroding rapidly under Blair.
If you go to the BBC forums and try to post anything anyway controversial it will definitely by removed. I even had a thread relating to Crop Circles removed. Anything that questions Blair, the war on terror, who was really behind 9/11, 7/7, David Kelly, Diana or almost any subject that the British government disapproves of will be removed from the BBC pages. Free Speech is disappearing from UK, and I know that in USA things have gone in that direction also. And this story of guys not being permitted to watch Hezbollah Tv is more of it.
And I stand by what I said of Israel having enormous control of USA, those links are worth a look

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It's not that bad, yeah the BBC may remove your messages from their website but free here is pretty free as far as I have experienced. A lot of people I know don't agree with Blair and Bush and they say it all the time and it's accepted as a point of view. The main thing that is seen as controversial to talk about is racism and immigration. And the most that will happen is that people will look down on you or have a go at you, you won't be arrested unless you're purposely inciting violence.

As for Chris Eubank, he wasn't arrested for speaking his mind, a lot of people disagree with Harry being sent to Iraq and they aren't arrested. Eubank was arrested for breach of the peace and dangerous driving and he was arguing with the police during a protest.

[edit on 26/2/2007 by malganis]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This is becaue there are signals and Words that are CRYPTED into the message that the oridnary Viewer Especially some IDIOT AMerican cannot decode. ... Basically how they communicate .... And we are airing it to the rest of the world ... Where right now we have them on the ropes and they cannot get any Organization ... Hard to communicate ... Makes for better Security ...

Originally posted by Edn
Hmm I guess China isn't the only country that censors there people from he outside world.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So are any of yall Europeans can actually tell me what you have seen on Hezbollah TV? Or are you guys just full of #? I mean if they are showing picture of dead civilians, well you can buy that legally here in the USA, its called Faces of Death, traces of Death, etc.. etc...

Preaching the hate and downfall of Isreal and the Jews? Well that is practiced legally by the KKK and Neo-NAZI hate groups here in America.

So I ask again, what is on Hezbollah TV? If someone from Europe could just tell me one stroy that is played on Hezbollah tv this week, it would satisfy my curiousity.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Not many if any here on ATS obvious watch Hizbola TV, so how could they tell you?

I can tell you about a case in Denmark some years ago, where a closed cable net was banned for showing pictures of stoning of women in Iran, because of the graphic content.

The issue here is whatever signals up there you're allowed to take them down, as long they aren't classified or show cruel and inhumane treatments.

In America I understand only "christian" hate-groups are allowed to show controversial and PC contradicting topics.

If the airwawes are to be censored, millions of websites should be closed down.

What is it about this "free world"?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon

In America I understand only "christian" hate-groups are allowed to show controversial and PC contradicting topics.

If the airwawes are to be censored, millions of websites should be closed down.

What is it about this "free world"?

Can you give me some examples where these "Christian" hate groups on TV/Radio, are advocating violence towards their fellow man?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join