It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let Iraq burn.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
If I was president - I would have never stayed after knocking down Saddam's regime - I would have pulled the victorious troops out - back to Saudi possibly - with air strikes and spec ops being the main force behind whatever it is the current policy is. At this same time I would have thrown money at the Iraq government (would have been cheaper) to get things done. I would have also treated Iran with the courtesy it deserves, as a regional power.

Sadly, these thoughts to late - we cannot implement them now. I say pull out - let Iraq burn. We won the war - regime is dead - I could care less if there is a democracy there - the people of the country obviously agree. There are long standing issues that America cannot resolve. We let Rumsfeld direct the Iraq campaign - he was also a part of the administration that was involved in Vietnam - the American populace is indeed stupid.

Pull out of Iraq - let her burn - I don't care - reposition in Saudi and get ready - Iran has to be dealt with, and it will be. However everything we did wrong in Iraq will be corrected in Iran; Air strikes with limited spec ops engagements.

Let Iraq burn - the people don't want change - let them vote they're way in to another dictatorship.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
but then where we would get our prectious oil from i think this is real reason troops invaded iraq that way we could get hold oil. if iraq burned then so would the oil which we use to run our cars, the economy would collapse without it.

By the way this not what i think should happen its what i belive DID and still is happening a war over oil not regimes (that was a part of it a sorta blanket over the truth something to tell the public). my personnal opinion is that we should move away from fossil fuels and invest money into new ways of running our cars e.t.c. not fight over the little that is left on the earth.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I don't think the oil cartel would let that happen, they have too much to lose. They like the religious leaders or any world government would not easily give up any power that they are holding on to. Their greed knows no bounds, like most humans.

Looks like the the planet Earth and most other lifeforms in it will have to suffer for a very long time.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
How do you think the people would feel about us if we "let Iraq burn"? It would create a whole country of angry terrorists who want us dead instead of the U.S friendly democracy we're going for. It would be like it is right now only 10x worse.

We have to keep our own interests at heart as well...

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hey, who cares about the people there!?!

Who cares if innocent children suffer!?!

As long as it's not in my back yard! Out of sight, out of mind!

Human beings no matter where they happen to live have value and regardless of motive if we can help we should.

Also the poster above me is 100% correct! Leave them in the lerch and you've created 1000's more terrorists that hate us.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookymulder
but then where we would get our prectious oil from

We don't get all that much oil from Iraq. If the oil from there was suddenly to stop, then Americans would just have to conserve more and go drill ANWR (which we should be doing anyways).

If we wanted to take over someone's oil fields then we would have kept the Kuwaiti ones that we liberated 15 years go.

If we wanted to take over someone's oil fields then we could have gone into Venezuela much easier and cheaper and taken theirs.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Personally the situation in Iraq drives me around the bender. So many things have been done wrong or are being done wrong I wouldn't know where to start.
Vietnam was more winnable then Iraq. Iraq drives me nuts !!
:shk:
:bnghd::bnghd:

[edit on 8-12-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Vietnam and Iraq are very similar. Vietnam was lost because of scumbag Americans who protested the war to the point that our soldiers lost their morale. Their actions also encouraged the enemy.

All the insurgencies and terrorists need to do to feel good about themselves is turn on CNN or CBS. All that criticism of the war makes them feel great.

Ex

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I am also of the mind that this is a situation that calls for
direct withdrawl of all troops immediately.
If the people there are committed to their country becoming
a democracy, then at some point they have to stand up and
fight for that.without anyones help.
We cannot institute the government that we know is best upon them.
The religious parties have torn their own country to shred.
Each vying for the control that will come when we do leave.

Our idea of now talking or even negotiating is long past....
They hate us.and will die with a bomb strapped to themselves
to prove it...

Bush and this administration have gotten themselves into a hole .
they cannot dig out of.and if you think Iran or Syria wanna jump
up and even appear to be looking for the so called
peace and democratic way of life we wanted to institute
........you need psychiatric help!

I say.......Total overwhelming force.........or total withdrawl

Ex

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Does anyone really have any ideas on an exit strategy??

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex
Does anyone really have any ideas on an exit strategy??

Iraq can no longer continue to exist as a state the only sane option left is to partition Iraq along tribal lines and to redeploy coalition troops in the new states.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
Vietnam and Iraq are very similar. Vietnam was lost because of scumbag Americans who protested the war to the point that our soldiers lost their morale. Their actions also encouraged the enemy.

Wow. SO Patriots who were protesting an illigal war are a bunch of Scum to you now?

You do know that if you guys had kept the power up in Baghdad you wouldn't have lost.

[edit on 19-12-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I thought the reason for the invasion was to help the Iraqi people?

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Classified Info
I thought the reason for the invasion was to help the Iraqi people?

Oh no, the invasion was to find and destroy the mystical weapons of mass destruction and stop Saddam.

The tune has quickly changed to "We went there to help the Iraqi people".

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
SO Patriots who were protesting an illigal war

The war isn't illegal. It was approved by our government.

Don't bother pointing to the UN to say that it didn't approve of the war. The UN has no moral authority to claim anyone is doing anything illegal. The Security Council is a cesspool of crime and their votes were bought by Saddam with the billions he stole from the Iraqis in the Oil for Food scandal.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Let see;

Iraq never claimed they would attack the USA

Iraq was contained, Bush's people said saddam was contained and could not pose a threat again.

Then? The lie of WOMD, in which we didn't even find a single one.

Oh but he knew for a fact he had them!

No?

Instead we claimed we were there to liberate the people, with bombs, and shock and awe, and the moab...

btw, research into the vietnam war...

kthx.

Saddam thought he was Nebuchadnezzar reborn.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
The lie of WOMD, in which we didn't even find a single one.

Lies? Or were they moved to Syria and Russia? Saddam had almost a year to move them from the time we said we were going in.

Either way ... lies about WMD/or Saddam moving them... that doesn't effect the fact that the term 'illegal' can't be used because the war was approved of by our government.

And the UN can't claim 'illegal' either. As I said, they have no moral authority and the Security Council votes were bought by Saddam with stolen billions in Oil for Food money.

It isn't 'illegal'. That term can't be used.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
oh ok and through that justifcation its a just and wonderous war eh?

as for moving them... hahah...

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
through that justifcation its a just and wonderous war eh?

I didn't say that. I said that the term 'illegal' was wrong. It isn't 'illegal'.

'Just' and 'wonderous' are two other topics all together.

Afghanistan is justified. Iraq?? Not so sure. No war is 'wonderous'.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
We shouldn't really have went in there in the first place, but right now its too far gone to just leave. Its now our responsibility to sort out the problems we have caused...how I do not know.

[edit on 12/20/2006 by Kacen]

top topics

join