It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 mousqe's on fire in Baghdad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Just saw this breaking New's on Fox.I guess there are gunmen running around burning mousqes and killing people.This on top of yesterday's 200 that are dead.I think alot of this recent violence has been accelerated by Bush being in the middle east

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
You’ve really just gotta feel for the nuclear family, who 7yrs ago.. could walk to a cafe, enjoy an ice-cream with their son, as he finished uni for the day...
Now, academics are being kidnapped and murdered...

Now they have to watch their religious sites burn to the ground.

Imagine having to go through such a drastic change in environment, while being told its
'Necessary, and succeeding'

Yet the civilians reality seems a little more telling
being they end their lives being rejected from daily morgues... beacuase they are over flowing with corpses...

www.cnn.com...
"a common chant heard on the streets of Baghdad: "No, no to America. Yes, yes to Islam"

Look'ee, they even made a battlecry.

[edit on 24-11-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It's sad to admit this but the country was better off with Saddam in power.These poor people cant even go to school or the store to buy a Pepsi with out the fear of being killed or horribly injured by some nut with a bomb,Really sad.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
at least with saddam there was order
its simple mindless violence now

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Something doesn't add to me.

I see something wrong with the whole picture, perhaps is just my conspiracy ridden mind but I cannot see what in the heck these people are doing, that can only be motivated by outside forces.

And the outside forces no necessarily have to be related to any terrorist group.

Bush is determined to win Iraq any way it can.

While democrat wants to start withdrawing troops, Bush wants more troops to fight the insurgency and sectarian wars.

How can this be done if the only way to get approval for more troops is the amount of violence running rampant in that nation to the point that it has to be done, I mean more troops in Iraq?

Like that the withdraw of troops will never happen and our stay in that nation will indeed become indefinitely.

And the planned division of the country will even be served to the Iraqi people and American people like a blessing for ending the fights.

But . . . truly . . . who is keeping the fight alive and going? Really, really who. . . I wonder.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well anyone having studied history will know that history does tend to repeat itself and this does seem to remind me of vietnam with all the mindless violence and killing, noones winning anything at all, people are just being slaughtered like cattle everyday.

How long will it take till the Us government wakes up? As long as Vietnam?

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samblack
It's sad to admit this but the country was better off with Saddam in power.These poor people cant even go to school or the store to buy a Pepsi with out the fear of being killed or horribly injured by some nut with a bomb,Really sad.

This is not "Terrorism" like our media pans it out to be.. this is full blownn civil war. While it appears suicide bombings, mosques burnings and car bombs are all terrorist, it is actually 2 civilian based collection of militias fighting eachother as America stands to the side fighting terrorist. There are those who come into the country to kill Americans.. and then there are those like yesturday who are doing city to city fighting and disregard the fact that America is even there, because they have more important enemies.. Shia vs. Suni.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
and if there is a terrorist attackt in the netherlands as they claim will come around christmass..
500 more of them will burn but then here in holland.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I don't wish a terrorist attack on any country,but if Holland get's hit I agree that you should just slaughter them all it's the only way really.Ban them all from your country and dont let them back in and then your safe again:p

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

"a common chant heard on the streets of Baghdad: "No, no to America. Yes, yes to Islam"

That's funny because America is a country and Islam is a religion. Why is it that they chant the name of a religion in comparision to a country? Do they have no pride in where they live? Dose religion have to play a part in this?

Styki

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki

That's funny because America is a country and Islam is a religion. Why is it that they chant the name of a religion in comparision to a country? Do they have no pride in where they live? Dose religion have to play a part in this?

Styki

Good point,
But they dont see it like that do they.
To an ARAB at the moment. all he knows is the Usa lied to invade Iraq, The Usa is staring down 'another' arab nation, and the USA seems to 'favour' isarel when innocent arabs die.

this isnt just Iraq for them...
And this chant is going to be heard, in a lot of streets in the coming decade.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki

Styki

Given the history of the Middle East, every time they act as a nation they get put down. Their solution was typical for Humans, they turned to religion to produce what a nation could not, which is unity across the cultural spectrum. That to has failed actually, it was exploited by what we call "terrorist".. While Nationalism is no longer rampant in the Middle East, though picking up speed in Iran and Syria.. Fundamentalism is not as strong as it appears either. While the Middle East nations claim they support a Jihad no one will actually go to help, because the people from different nations still don't get along, still that back of the mind nationalist feel.. They chant Islam simply because they have nothing else to call their own.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
On a brief side note, it looks like the 4 mosques burning may have been a fabrication.

Multi-National Corps – Iraq
Public Affairs Office, Camp Victory
APO AE 09342

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
RELEASE No. 20061125-09
Nov. 25, 2006

One Mosque Burned in Hurriya
Multi-National Corps – Iraq PAO

BAGHDAD — Contrary to recent media reporting that four mosques were burned in Hurriya, an Iraqi Army patrol investigating the area found only one mosque had been burned in the neighborhood.

www.mnf-iraq.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27/11/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
[edit on 27-11-2006 by Agit8dChop]

new topics

top topics

join