It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatma A-Najar becomes first grandmother suicide bomber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Fatma A-Najar, 57, becomes first grandmother suicide bomber
By Avi Issacharoff, Haaretz Correspondent

Until 57-year-old Fatma Omar A-Najar blew herself up near Israel Defense Forces troops in the northern Gaza Strip on Thursday, most female suicide bombers had been single. There had also been a few married women - but the 57-year-old Najar was the first grandmother suicide bomber.

Najar, a resident of Jabalya, had nine children and over 40 grandchildren. On Thursday morning, she called her children and asked to see them. She visited those who did not come to see her, without explaining the urgency of the meeting. Her family did not know where she was going when she left her home at roughly 12:00 PM.

Haaretz

When I first saw this picture I found it quite amusing but when I read the story I found it pretty dramatic.

If a grandmother with nine children and over forty grandchildren blows up herself than something should be seriously wrong. All of those claiming hatred is the reason for Palestinians to become a martyr should carefully think about the reasons why a grandmother would blow up herself.

It is pure despair causing the hatred.

"She couldn't remain indifferent to the occupation: the destruction, the death, the invasions of Gaza, all of these pushed her to carry out an 'act of sacrifice,'" he said.

It makes me sick, and even sicker that our leaders don't care about it. Europe is going to present a new peace proposal soon, but as usual it should be solely focused on Palestinian terrorism. If not, Israel will reject it. The US is the only country able to pressure Israel, as long as they refrain from doing so, nothing will change.

[edit on 24-11-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Oh please. She wasn't just a cute little grandma sitting home baking cookies.

She and her terrorist husband raised terrorists. He spent time in prison for his violent behavior and crimes. Her grown children have all been in trouble for many violent crimes.

I just thank God that the hate filled matriarch of the terrorist clan didn't kill any innocent people when she killed herself. Her final act in her hate filled life was to try to kill as many innocent people as she could. I'm sure God didn't smile when He saw her arrive before Him for judgement.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
It makes me sick, and even sicker that our leaders don't care about it.

Wanna' know what makes ME sick? No? I'll tell you anyways -
www.youtube.com...

And as far as 'caring' that this murderer killed herself the only things I feel are - thanks that she didn't manage to kill anyone else and HAPPINESS that there is one less murderer in the world.

new topics

join