It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

magick

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
kim

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 10:49 AM
link   
magick- real or psychogical?
whats your view?

my view- i think that a lot of self magick is just psychology, getting in touch with your subconcious, and that there is no 'mystical power'
However, how do you explain a person who gets ill when theyve been cursed, but not known about it? just a coincidence- or is magick indeed real?

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 04:26 PM
link   
seeing that i believe in god i dont like to admit there is magic but yes i do believe there is... like satan worshipers or whatever you want to call them... they use black magic... but it is nothing you cannot over come with god...

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I beleive that God is not against using magick, unless it is to break one of his commandments. I think that it is a result from looking in on yourself to the extent of being able to do things you never thought possible before. So, magick would then be just an inner reflection of your self. Except really really far.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I don't know I cursed necro99 to die and be forgotten and it hasn't happend yet

Anyways...kim you sure have some nifty topics

As for is there magic? Probably not....rune magic is the closest any REAL person has ever gotten to anything that could be considered magic, devil worshippers voodoo people...they all just play on your psyke, Satanists don't use "black magic" there's no such thing.

Nor do voodoo people...remember this is an IRONIC world, and when someone curses someone it's usually in the Karma position where what comes around goes around...also you must take into account what happens when someone curses someone, something bad happens, they take credit for it...when in reality, probably had nothing to do with it.

Real magic, if there were any such thing would simply change fate....because fate is a thing woven through out our universe like our own souls...there but not tangible, and that's what Norse Runes were all about....and actually, they aren't all that corny.

But consequently it's not good nor bad, it's amazingly neutral, benifiting the writer. For as the Norse believed, there was magic in writting, maybe a little myth, but words have much power over our destiny

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
I don't know I cursed necro99 to die and be forgotten and it hasn't happend yet

Because it will never happen!

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Never is a loooong time.....

Are we there yet?

kim

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 09:50 AM
link   
why thank you FreeMason

I try, theres a lot i want to know about and share views with ppl.
Im glad someone realises that there is no such thing as black magick
a thing ive been wondering for a while now in my young brain is why the negative association with black? its just a colour- i wear it all the time and im not 'evil'- well, much
(MUAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!)
Is it cos of people associating it with death? if so, why are people scared of death if they believe that they'll go to a better place?

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hi Kim,I don't believe in ..........I was going to say magic.But what really is magic?I mean your right a lot of what people would describe as magic is psychology.
There are plants with healing properties Asperine for example before scientist got hold of it I suppose people thought that was magic yet today if I take one I don't believe it's magic
Problably I'd say that magic was simply that which science has yet to explain.
I don't know.What do you think?

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I believe that magik is not just psychology, its everything from science to religion, but its not evil. There are the two types of magik Black and white. It all depends on what you use it for, good or bad. Jesus used magik but so did Alister Crowley. Its up to you as to which was good and which was evil.

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The belief in magic all has roots in some religion or another...Wicca is not merely witchcraft, it's nature-worship (in the simplest terms); In Christianity, magic is called "miracles", etc. *Black* Magic is defined mostly as "magic practices unacceptable" to whichever religion you ask. Hence, Wiccan magic is completely denounced as demonic by Christians...And so forth.

All in all, you'll find that "magic" will always be defined in terms originating from religion.

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I think originally magic encompassed:

1/Alchemy,now chemistry
2/Herb law,now biology
3/Human behaviour,now psychology
4/Superstition,now superstistion

Science has taken the respectable areas of magic and put them in a logical context and now all that is left to those who believe in magic is superstition.
All four areas above could be used for good or evil.

kim

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 09:47 AM
link   
hmm john bull, im not sure im with you. I like to thoink of magick as an individual or group thing. such silly things as herb magick can be explained by science. I think the two interlink, but not as much as you make out

as for good or evil, isnt this just a matter of perception?

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Quote Kim,
as for good or evil, isnt this just a matter of perception?

No,I think it's a question of motive.

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'm interested in finding out exactly how you perceive magic.What is magic in the 21st century?For me magic is the recognisable "cause and Effect" that science has not yet been able to explain.So magic's remit is shrinking as scientific explanation expands.

kim

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 10:41 AM
link   
referring to my first post on this topic, how do you explain- with science- a person who gets cursed when they dont know that the ritual has taken place? it has happened

all i know about magick is my own personal experience. i cant really speak for the subject in general as there are so many views of it.I try to use it for 'good' but theres such a variety of views on what IS good. A prude would be disgusted in a 'sex spell' but a whore would find it quite appealing.i dont really have a view on it- what works for the magician is what they shall do. this is what i mean when i say 'is this just a matter of perception'
For me, it is accessing your spirit form and making changes- this is what defines us as more than body and brain. i do not use deitys as i think that these are created for the use of the magician- something for them to 'get in touch with'. I think a lot of self magick is psychological, but i dont honestly know how i would describe the rest of it. most magicians do admit that magick should be teamed with individual effort- like a spell wont help you get a job if you dont get off your ass and look for one
guess i cant prove my point further than that(doh!)
nice one johnb1, i think that your theory can, and will be applied to some aspects of what is now seen as magick but not all.

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Kim,On a different forum you hinted that you were young.I'd just like to say that you post as well as any here.
And I'm being patronising

kim

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 11:09 AM
link   

well young to a 60 year old is 30, and young to a 30 year old is 15. if you have an idea, say it. age doesnt matter
im 15 to be exact

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Sorry ,Not Patronising.

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Actually, guys, Kim is correct.

I've studied various forms of magick (including Huna/kahuna, Vaudon/voodoo, high magic and the like.) It's a form of psychological manipulation that usually focuses on changing your perceived reality to enable you to change things around you.

(I've been reading/practicing this stuff since 1968 or so)

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 11:13 AM
link   
what about the concept of Sigils.
a form of totemic magic that specifically demands you do nothing about the desired effect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join