It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Oil Being Phased Out?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by testingatheory
A question begining with "what if...?" usually implies that the answer might be a specific attempt to explain what would happen, in the sistuation in question, if say, as in this case, the counter point, was wrong. It might look someting like this:
I'd say "Hey StellarX, old buddy, old pal. Could it be that oil is being phased out?"
You'd say "Nope, don't think so testingatheory, and here is why...blah, blah,blah"

Still following...

Then I'd say "Hmmm. But what if your wrong? What say you then?"
And you'd reply "Well, if I were wrong, as I used to be quite often, then here are some ideas about what ramifications might be instore for us. But I dont think Im wrong."

I am am human and thus fallible and acknowledged as much; to consider this some kind of overwhelming insecurity on this issue is not defensible. Saying that i have been wrong before is basically admitting that i am no longer 10 or 15 or 20; who here would claim they have not changed their mind thus far?

Then I'd say "Well well well, StellarX, you old dog you, looks like were gonna have to agree to dissagree, but I nevertheless thank you for your thoughtfull ideas"

If you want to use my honest declarations of obvious realities against me that is your prerogative but if will stick around to question this particularly vapid ,IMO, rumour.

It kind of just sounds like your using lots of words to say "Yes, I could be wrong, but don't point out the obvious". Sounds like the answer to a question that I never asked (ie Could you be wrong?)

Your basically pretending to be surprised that other people consider themselves human and thus open to the possibility of making mistakes and or misjudgements? I don't understand the difference between what i responded to and the question you now claim you did not ask...

See? put 'em in order and it makes sense "Could you be wrong?" "Yes, I could be wrong, but don't point out the obvious"
So there ya go, thats the difference, understand?

Why ask such vapid questions? Why insult me by pretending that i am some kind of idiot who would not admit to being human and thus fallible?

As for being condecending, well, thats someting that is usually detected by the party that is being condedecend upon,(that'ed be me) not the one who is condecending(thats you).

It's pretty clear to me that i was not condescending in my statements on this topic as you clearly know less than i do.

However, concerning this post specifically, I am satisfactorily aware that now I am being condecending also.

That would presume that i know exactly what your intent with all this and that's not the case.

Stellar

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
]muhlis, right on brother...but I do not think it is fair for america to sit idle on the africa situation...as of now, the british, and primarily the british, along with france have a tight hold on africa's various holdings. there is a lot of land and resource to develop and exploit. at some point in time the extraction of resources in asia will become less economical than it would to do the same from africa. we owe it to our children.

Originally posted by StellarX

Why should they sell their natural resources for the price YOU want? Who invested in developing the infrastructure?

because i said so and the USofA!

It has nothing to do with price as it assumes exploitation for profit? Nationalize American oil reserves and take half the military budget to develop it; they will have the cheapest oil in the world.

how old are you? do you think that is a reasonable idea? In America, we do not nationalize and the dod budget is for the dod.

Do you really think such a program is based on their theft of some critical American corporate 'technology' that America could not see sense in exploiting themselves? Explain the logic employed for me could not find it...

uhhh...let me think...YES!!@ Schluburger, FMC, Halliburton, Exxon, DutchShell, BP, etc. The world's largest and most technologically involved oil companies and equipment manufacturers have their major operations in America, primarily Houston. The Saudis did not have the capabilities to drill for oil, it was the brits that gave them and the rest of the middle east the technology. The same thing happens now with America. Look at Nigeria and Angola in Africa. These companies cannot drill for oil on their own!

It's not hard as much as it's private with little or no government backing.

No, the british will not allow canada to process oil because it is their oil. but first and for most is the canadian companies do not have the capabilities to drill on their own and the economy does not yet exist.

The Brazilian government have been investing in bio fuels since the early 70's and there is no chance that the industry will collapse even if the oil price slumps back to 8 dollars. Independence is worth almost any price for some nations.

Correct, the only chance the industry collapses is when the brazilians run out of top soil or the manufacturing cost to produce fertilizers becomes uneconomical.

If Europeans stopped trying to manipulate the entire continent things might improve but their still attempting coup's and generally inspiring genocide like it's 1754.

Why would they want to stop?

Completely over exploited ( by the west ) is what they are....

poor indonesians, all they wanted to do was exploit their monopolies on the spice trade...came to bite them in the ass for being so stubborn and arrogant.

Apparently 21 million Iraqi's is too much to handle so one wonders what 1.4 billion Chinese or 250 million Indonesians might have to say about the matter.

Absolutely nothing. Because the growth of those two economies, much like india and africa, depends soley on european and us investment, much like japan and south korea.

It is the way the world turns. First Europeans began to trade spices with the indonesians, then the africans and chinese. but everyone of them got a case of the red ass because the europeaners would not sell their fire arms or any of their metal weapons or almost any metal technology they had, so the red ass chinese and everyone else thought it would be cute to attack and kill and thieve from these european merchants. This is what they deserve for being such savages. they had better learn to settle the # down.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
phased out? moere like rapidly depleting.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The initial Q was if oil is being phased out... and i think it is.
I belive scientists and oilcompanies now have the correct numbers of how
much oil there is left and they have started to act on those numbers by doing their own research on alt. fuels. They are the ones with the assets and tech and they sure wanna have something to sell when the oil is gone.

New developed techs is making it possible to covert 1 ton of rest products - from crops such as cornstalks and hay - into 250 liters (66 gal) 99.9% ethanol to a price of 0.34$ per/litre or 1.28$ per/gal. (Although the ethanol only has 70% of the energy content of gasoline. But what the heck... those 66 gal still takes your car 1770 miles)
Add 20-30 cent in tax, 20-25 cents in distribution and marketing, and there is still a margin for profit.

So... Yes the oil is being phased out. It has just started.
I belive biofuels are the future. Batteries might be a soulution for cars, but try to run a
747 on batteries and see how far u get

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aramco
]muhlis, right on brother...but I do not think it is fair for america to sit idle on the africa situation...as of now, the british, and primarily the british, along with france have a tight hold on africa's various holdings. there is a lot of land and resource to develop and exploit.

Actually it seems it's rather incorporated and since the American Fed is owned by British and European banking interest (what America does it does in the interest of those bankers and not it's own citizens.

at some point in time the extraction of resources in asia will become less economical than it would to do the same from africa. we owe it to our children.

The competition with the East has already drained America and much of western Europe of some it's vital industries and things will only get worse as their plans reach maturity. We owe it to our children to leave for them a world where they get to make their own enemies and not to fight the forces they had no part in antagonizing. There are plenty of , almost, free energy technologies so control is the aim and not some drive to secure vital resources.

because i said so and the USofA!

And it's easy to say that when you believe the propaganda that this is all somehow in your interest...

how old are you? do you think that is a reasonable idea?

Yes as the DOD is exclusive used to make enemies and generally destroy freedom and liberation movements around the world; it's got nothing to do with making the world 'safe' for American citizens or for that matter to protect their way of live or freedoms.

In America, we do not nationalize and the dod budget is for the dod.

If the DOD budget were used to exploit American resources American would be better off and have no enemies at all.

uhhh...let me think...YES!!@ Schluburger, FMC, Halliburton, Exxon, DutchShell, BP, etc. The world's largest and most technologically involved oil companies and equipment manufacturers have their major operations in America, primarily Houston.

Major operations huh? It's funny that you still think America runs the world or that those corporations are doing what their doing in the average Americans interest.

The Saudis did not have the capabilities to drill for oil, it was the brits that gave them and the rest of the middle east the technology. The same thing happens now with America. Look at Nigeria and Angola in Africa. These companies cannot drill for oil on their own!

Actually American oil was so damn cheap back in the day that few independents could compete considering the scale of investment for return; even back in the day they were not what you would call a 'independent' powers considering British domination of the region.

No, the british will not allow canada to process oil because it is their oil.

British oil? Since when?

but first and for most is the canadian companies do not have the capabilities to drill on their own and the economy does not yet exist.

Canadians do not know how to drill for oil? The Canadian economy can not afford oil drilling? You asked how old i am but i think i should be asking you...

Correct, the only chance the industry collapses is when the brazilians run out of top soil or the manufacturing cost to produce fertilizers becomes uneconomical.

You do realise that soil is nothing but a binding material these days and that you can add whatever you need? Do you realise how big Brazil is or how long they could do what they are doing now without running out of top soil? The only reason some there practice these slash and burn methods is because they are allowed and it makes them some extra profits. In the interest of independence i can not imagine a country , with sovereignty in mind, that would not pay a bit extra for the independence nationalized oil production can lend a government.

Why would they want to stop?

Possibly because genocide and general theft and murder is illegal? Do you think the average European who recycles and tries to look after the planet knows and understands what their governments are doing to Africans and people of the third world? Sure they understand that some underhand things take place but you will notice from the complete absence of press coverage that the citizens of the Western world have no idea of what's being done in their name.

poor indonesians, all they wanted to do was exploit their monopolies on the spice trade..

Blame the Dutch and or read a few history books.

came to bite them in the ass for being so stubborn and arrogant.

They deserved having maybe as much as five hundred thousand of their own butchered in the last western backed coup?

Absolutely nothing. Because the growth of those two economies, much like india and africa, depends soley on european and us investment, much like japan and south korea.

Your quite clearly very ignorant of world affairs and i suggest you read about the reality that 70% of USD now in circulation in the US is Chinese owned? If China and Japan's growth is based solely on Western investment why are they allowing those countries to hollow out ( by re-investing much of the resources they originally stole from them ) western industrial bases and thus economic power? Do you really believe this is all in the interest of European or North American citizens?

It is the way the world turns. First Europeans began to trade spices with the indonesians,

Pretty funny comment...

then the africans and chinese. but everyone of them got a case of the red ass because the europeaners would not sell their fire arms or any of their metal weapons or almost any metal technology they had, so the red ass chinese and everyone else thought it would be cute to attack and kill and thieve from these european merchants.

The violence was exported with the other goods by the west to everyone who had anything the west wanted. Frankly the wheels are turning but not in the way you might think...

This is what they deserve for being such savages. they had better learn to settle the # down.

Keep it up and i wont have to listen to your particular brand of nonsense for very long.

Stellar

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyCitizen
The initial Q was if oil is being phased out... and i think it is.

Based on what beside some politicians making vapid statements and chasing up oil prices?

I belive scientists and oilcompanies now have the correct numbers of how
much oil there is left and they have started to act on those numbers by doing their own research on alt. fuels.

We have had functioning vacuum energy technology since about the same general time as oil became a issue at all. No research into alternative fuels is required and that is currently being done is nothing but a destruction to keep uninformed minds occupied.

They are the ones with the assets and tech and they sure wanna have something to sell when the oil is gone.

The oill will not be gone for at least a few centuries and i think we would be well advised to start using the dozens of clean alternatives....

New developed techs is making it possible to covert 1 ton of rest products - from crops such as cornstalks and hay - into 250 liters (66 gal) 99.9% ethanol to a price of 0.34$ per/litre or 1.28$ per/gal. (Although the ethanol only has 70% of the energy content of gasoline. But what the heck... those 66 gal still takes your car 1770 miles)

Those products were normally used for animal feed and the like and all that will now happen is that meat prices will rise as competition for the same 'waste' product goes up; it's just not the type of solution we need with so many obviously better one's.

Add 20-30 cent in tax, 20-25 cents in distribution and marketing, and there is still a margin for profit.

Oil should not cost much more than 8-15 USD per barrel ( delivered to the refinery or other base industry ) and anything more than thirty is a complete and utter rip off of everyone involved in the industrialized world.

So... Yes the oil is being phased out. It has just started.

Where is the evidence?

I belive biofuels are the future.

Twenty five thousand people still starve to death each day and yet you want bio fuel economies? The world has enough manipulation of food markets and prices without this added complexity and demand.

Batteries might be a soulution for cars, but try to run a

They ran pretty well as the Ev-1 types proved in their limited American 'release'. You could hire but not buy and they were all withdrawn from service when the car manufactures realised they were to cheap to operate and maintain; we got the hummer instead...

747 on batteries and see how far u get

At first maybe not far but then that's what progress is all about...

Stellar

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join