It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 in 3D

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
In these photos I'm being provided, there are items I can use for scale. I've been using GE for dimensions as well, but mainly the photos, sine I can't tell exactly what the buildings are on GE.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by morgansolutions

...I thought you meant you actually had data relating to the buildings & dimensions etc.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by morgansolutions]

[edit on 30-11-2006 by morgansolutions]

Sorry I confused you! what I meant is that I can tell you what most of the building are used for and general info on the facility layout. I never intended to make you think I had information that I don't!

Tim

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
How are you two getting on with the Area 51 sketchup?

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well, we're kind of in a stop now, only momentary! Our, uh, photo source is kind of...out of service or something. We're working on getting it now, but the site w/ the stuff is down.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Very impressive.

This idea really excites me. I don't think anyone has made a full 3-D model of the Groom Lake facility. Even better, you could make a full interactive 3-D model with camera movement that goes around the base, stopping at each building and then with audio explaining what the building is.

I'd really like to see you collaborate with ATS and Dreamland Resort officials and get this project going. Dreamland Resort has a wealth of knowledge and expertise on the subject. They would do a great job of making this presentation factual and accurate.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
You guys should check out the new microsoft flight simulator X version. They have a area51 level in which you can fly around the base, and even has weird ufos fly by, in the mission lol. I'm not sure how accurate it is though.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Really I'm waiting on Ghost to get me some references, I can only do so little on Google Earth.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hey guys, I can help too. I can import the models you created into 3Ds Max and make some camera animation for a "Virtual Area 51 Tour", then add music, sounds of "description" and finally export it into a video file (.AVI .MPG) or even YouTube (Flash).

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been out for a while. Life has been really hectic lately. However, I have some new pictures. These are the large hangers on the North side of the base. Many believe these are used for mating mother/daughter aircraft pairs. However, we do know for a fact that they have ties to the Red Hat Program.

Tim

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Here's a picture of a research building I just got from Google Earth. This building probably hoses indoor wind tunnels and aircraft modeling shops . Some also believe there are labs for developing RAM in this building. Here's the building:

Tim

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Okay, now I can start up again.

And to Jonicy, great! My 3DS Max is out for the moment, the PC it's on is out of order, so to speak.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Alrighty, here's the first two hangers in your first picture, using the helicopter in the right hand corner for scale.

*click view image or show image to see the images if you can't see them*

[edit on 13-1-2007 by EBE 17]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have the 'smarts' to build a model in 3d Studio Max - I am also efficient in a C++ graphics library called OGRE in which I could write a program that allowed people to "walk around area 51" - however it would be in the form of an .exe you download NOT interactive on a website. That would have to be done in Java, but OGRE would produce a much nicer finish (better GFX etc).

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
A thought occurred to me reading though this post, as far as creating an interactive representation goes.

It would require people to own Half-Life or Half-Life 2 (depending on what engine the simulation would be created on), but VALVe includes with both the full version of their level-designing program, the Hammer Editor. I used it a long time ago to make some maps for the original Half-Life (wasn't amazing at it by any stretch of the imagination), and it's a very intuitive program.

I'm sure someone with a decent knowledge of the editor would be able to create an Area 51 map that people could jump around in and explore and all that. It might have to be divvied up into sections, given the draw distances that would be required for such a huge base, but I'm sure the same would go for any program used to render it.

I'll mess around with the editor today and see if it's as easy to use as I remember it being. I think the original Half-Life even included some jet fighter models, which one could throw in for some authenticity.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Here is the Largest hanger on the base:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Hangar 18, I can do that. I may not have to, there's another person who created it. I'll ask premission to use his/hers.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tegro
I have the 'smarts' to build a model in 3d Studio Max - I am also efficient in a C++ graphics library called OGRE in which I could write a program that allowed people to "walk around area 51" - however it would be in the form of an .exe you download NOT interactive on a website. That would have to be done in Java, but OGRE would produce a much nicer finish (better GFX etc).

Great idea! We could make it like an alien shooter. lol

So all we need is:
textures, 3D models.
animations? (environment animals/scientists/guards/alien bodies)
story+scripts+cut scenes.

Oh, and OGRE is a great 3D engine.

[edit on 19-1-2007 by jonicy]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Hello, I am currently a 3D modeller, and video game designer. I worked on such games as Grand Theft Auto 3, and GTA Vice City.

The most inexpensive way for you to pull this off would be to use the Unreal Engine 2.0 demo. You can download it here:

www.unrealtechnology.com...

This gives you the tools to create your very own map, and also game code, for free. All that would be requiered is 3D models to be inserted into the engine, which is pretty easy, just import the model and textures, and set them into the level. Then you can freely walk around inside of the map, and level. Try it out, download it, install it, and run their example map. Everything you see can be changed. If you have any experiance with uscript, which I do, you can even create a mini game.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hey guys, how's the Hanger 18 model coming?

Post something to let me know when your read for the next one.

Tim

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
That is a nice job. Did you do this? If so do you think you could possibly do a rendering into the underground facilities?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join