It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep paralysis experience last night

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Firstly ive experienced sleep paralyss many times and more than often its led to an OBE (out of body experience) but last night was different. I woke up from a dream and found myself completely paralised apart from my eyes and part of my voice. I was layed there and straight away I felt a really strong presence on my right side and felt breathing on my face. I tried to shout as loud as I could 'whos there!' but it came out as a loud whisper and I got an whisper back in my right ear which said 'the aliens'. I shouted 'who?' and got an answer again which said the same.. 'the aliens'. I tried moving my eyes as much as I could to try and see if I could see anything but I could only see so far. I tried to stay calm for a while and then tried snappin out of the paralysis and then after around 10 seconds I was able to get up and out of bed and I just sat there for a few minutes trying to take in what just happened. When I think about it now it seems silly but ive had sleep paralysis before and ive asked whos there and nothing happened so to get that reply was one hell of a shock to say the least... I dont really believe there was an alien whispering in my ear but still.... its not something I can just shrug off and forget about.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I've had that too... except i havn't had replies... just breathing.

Anyone you ask will put it down as strong SP... when my sleep paralysis first started i used to get out of bed afterwards and set up in a corner of a room where i had a clear view of everything and not go back to sleep. Scared me that much.

I've only had 2 experiences like you had... and one of them i must've went back to sleep.. but i will sware to this day the other time when i awoke i had a small burn mark on my wrist... i have a scar still to show it.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I have heard of people seeing people walking around, or floating above them in sleep paralysis but usually something speaking to you has a form of something. That must have been a scary expierence. I get sleep paralysis almost every night as I use the WILD technique to enter a lucid dream. When I am aware I am in paralysis I keep my eyes closed since I don't like the hallucinations that usually come with it.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Sleep Paralysis in relation to those experiences, at least in my opinion, is your conscious minds inability to reconnect with the subconscious, or your dream state. Which explains many such odd occurrences while experiencing sleep paralysis. I have had SP 4 or 5 times in my life and if you try to judge it objectively while experiencing it you very quickly lose the paralysis. Kind of like jump starting your "lower" brain functions.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
^ What exactly is the wild technique? It's very hard for me to have a lucid dream, eventhough I have tried many different methods.

As for sleep paralysis, I have had quite a few. The most bizzarre sp experience I've had was one where it felt like someone was literally splashin water all over my back with a bucket. That was the first sp experience I had, and I thought that it was real for a long time. As I continued to have these sort of experiences, i decided to talk with my mom about it and she told me that what I was describing is nothing but sleep paralysis and that I shouldn't worry about it.

It doesn't happen so much these days, but they can get fairly creepy when they occur.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
WILD is Wake-Initiated Lucid Dream, you go to sleep consciously. There are a lot of tutorials and many ways to do this. I start by relaxing and then I start to say "I am dreaming 1, I am dreaming 2..." etc and picture myself walking down steps of a staircase. When I feel like I am drifting into sleep I try to picture an item, like a rock and then I picture myself holding that rock, and I usually end up in my dream holding the rock in my hand. The rock is just an example, but the thing you are holding should be a sign you are dreaming, or be an alarm to make you do a reality check.

When having a wild and staying conscious you start going through stages of SP. If you wait them out you usually end up in a lucid dream but if you stay conscious and don't fall asleep you can end up in full SP, in which you can picture yourself leaving your body and that usually works. This is why most people believe that wilds are not dreams but actually astral projection.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Hi Clarky

The experience you had is very similar to one that I had which I put down to a form of psychic attack.

When you are spiritually open you can be attacked by lower entities that will try and scare you so they can feed from your fear. This occured to me for the first time about a month ago when I awoke and found myself paralysed with a strong sense that there was a presence in my room. It did try to speak with me, but it did not manage to finish its sentence, I believe my guides/angels were very quick in removing it.

Very, very frightening experience though, because the paralysis doesn't allow you to be in control during the experience.

I always surround myself with white light before sleep for protection.

I hope that is of some assistance and has not frightened you at all.

Kind regards,

Dobbie

sip

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I've had CSP (Common Sleep Paralysis) before. I don't believe that it was anything to do with angels/demon/aliens or whatever fluff people believe in.

Essentially I was sleeping on my right side and felt this force push down on the bed behind me. Then felt a force push down on top of me. I started shaking and heard church bells. It lasted about 10 seconds.

Needless to say I jumped out of bed and left the house. Guess I deserved it for trying to skip school

I was very freaked out, found out my mom had them aswell. I eventually googled it and pretty much it diagnosed itself.

sip

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I have had it about 4 times in my life. 1 of them was my very first memory as a child. That time it is similiar as to what is decribed as sleep paralysis but this was way more. I was 4 years old and was awoken and noticed a presence in the room behind a sheet off to the side of the room. All of a sudden my ears were DRILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with an EXTREMELY HIGH PITCH NOISE for quite awhile, I would say about a whole minute. The whole time I could not move or scream. (The best way to explain the noise would be like he one Harry Potter where he steals the dragon egg and opens it out of water and it drills everybody ears). The weirdest part of it is my GI Joe Doll got up and started to walk be itself across he floor.

The other times I have had it, it feels like a spirit it laying on top of you and you can't speak etc...Nothing like the first one. I have my own thoughts on what it is.

Sounds crazy I know, but it is the truth. I think it was aliens talking to you and I think a lot of sleep paralysis is more than just that.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hlyce
WILD is Wake-Initiated Lucid Dream, you go to sleep consciously. There are a lot of tutorials and many ways to do this. I start by relaxing and then I start to say "I am dreaming 1, I am dreaming 2..." etc and picture myself walking down steps of a staircase. When I feel like I am drifting into sleep I try to picture an item, like a rock and then I picture myself holding that rock, and I usually end up in my dream holding the rock in my hand. The rock is just an example, but the thing you are holding should be a sign you are dreaming, or be an alarm to make you do a reality check.

Im lucky in that I have a lot of lucid dreams spontaniously rather than planned before but I think im gonna have to give that method a try, ive not heard of that before.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I fully understand what U have experianced. I have had similar things happen 2 me. Sometimes I wake up at night and cant move or speek. I can hear and see but i just cant move or talk. I see someone or something in front of me. I dont know what it is or who it is. Sometimes i feel like its the GRIM REAPER coming 2 take me away. So I start trying 2 move and scream but it doesn't work. Finally I wake up and I realize it was just a Dream. It really scares the hell out of me. When I wake up I'm in a terrable Cold Sweat. It doesn't help none at all when I sleep with all the lights on. It used 2 only happen 2 DAYS after I came down off of DOPE. But the funny thing is, I've been clean off of dope 4 about one and a half years now. I dont know why this is starting 2 happen again. Im also scared because now the creature gets closer each time.I hope its not a sign of anything.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I've had a couple of these. I've woke up a couple of times unable to move and I lie there shouting at myself inside my head to move my arm and when I do it moves but it doesn't feel like my arm and like there's something in my bed.

It happened every day last week and freaked me out for a few days after.

Can it be brought on by stress?

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
i woke up one night and felt a hand creeping up my sholder, first i thought it was mine and then i realised mine were directly in front of my face, i leapt out of bed screaming like a girl, straight to the light switch, my housemates came running in thinking all hell was breaking loose at the foot of the bed and found me rocking in the corner still half asleep, waiting for the boogieman to slither out of the wardrobe or something.

dunno if it counts as sleep paralasis but it's damn funny looking back on it. i still get abuse over it.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I've also had sleep paralysis, I actually think aliens might be able to put people in these conditions. It's damn scary when you feel that there is others there... and you hear weird sounds, and you feel something hit you... makes me eyes wet just thinking about it...

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurtcobainuk

Can it be brought on by stress?

I've found that I get sleep paralysis when I'm extremely over-tired, though some websites do say stress can bring it on as well. I don't see aliens, but there is occassionally someone breaking into my home and/or in the room with harmful intent. Here are a couple of interesting discussions on sleep paralysis and the hallucinations that often occur with it.

Night of the Crusher
Sleep Paralysis

My belief is that these are cases in which my body is falling asleep a little faster than my mind. The natural paralysis that occurs during sleep is terrifying to my partly awake mind which is not used to being unable to control my body. I try to yell or move to wake myself up, but I can't, which makes it even more scary. I'm not sure why there is often an ominous presence; it could be that it's my subconscious expressing this terror in the way it knows best - through a dream (or hallucination in this case, since at least part of my mind is awake) of what is most scary to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
i have had sleep paralysis many times, but i only heard a coherent voice once.

most of the time i will hear some thing roaring in my ear, like yelling but not words.

but once as i awoke into the paralysis state from deeper sleep i heard a simple wisper say clearly

"there is something evil in the room..."

and indeed there was, i could "feel" it come in the room from the door next to my bed and crouch down in the far corner while it stared at me. all i could see though was a blurry jet black shadow of a large human figure crouched in the corner of the room. but it didnt say anything to me.

the voice almost sounded as if it came from a third party, like a nuetral observer. it was an emotionless wisper.

try sleeping on your side, that will help with sleep paralysis.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I have also had several accounts of sleep paralysis, the last encounter being the strangest. When I 'woke up' from my sleep I had the usual symptons, apart from I could clearly see a dark figure violently hitting me across my body fast-paced. While this immediately seems a extremely frightening experience, I did not feel the entity while I felt extremely calm and settled throughout the whole experience.

Whether the entity had good or bad intentions I'm unsure, but this dark figure has revealed itself across my relative short life and I hope one day to work out mine and its purpose.

I suggest you embrace the experience and try to gain some positives from it. Perhaps you will unlock your purpose.

Kolo

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is my first post, and I'm glad to be a part of ATS.

I tend to have sleep paralysis a few times a year. I wake up and I cannot open my eyes, move, or scream, but I know that I am awake and that my husband is next to me as I can hear him snore/breathe. I get frightened and try so hard to grab his arm. When that doesn't work I try so very hard to scream, but not a single peep comes out. I think to myself if I can just get a grip of his arm and squeeze him so he would wake up and help me. Another feeling I have is euphoria, but unfortunately it comes along with fear too.

My question is that I am curious of those that are alone when this happens to them ... are they more likely to have an event where they see, hear, and feel things?

I feel I am truly wide awake when this happens and there is no doubt in my mind about that. Once I am able to open my eyes I can get the rest of my body moving, but not immediately. I remember everything that happened because "I was awake."

This is a very scary event for anyone, and I couldn't imagine having some of the events mentioned here, and even more so being alone while it happens!

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I used to have this all the time. Id like to tell you to just relax and it will go away in a few minutes but I know the terror of it so I know how hard that is. I only saw somehting once and it was a robed 7 foot tall figure walking through my door and past the bed. I thought i was gonna have a heart attack. Usually though I would feel a prescence behind my shoulder just out of sight. Once I heard breathing, never any words and usually the bed would feel like it was vibrating.

Just hang in there, dont get overtired and try to destress before going to sleep.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
try taking the red pill and the blu pill and stop eating uncle barney's mushroom fettacini

top topics

<<   2 >>

join