It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia attacks the West's Achilles' heel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Russia attacks the West's Achilles' heel says an article by W Joseph Stroupe

Russia has found the Achilles' heel of the US colossus. In concert with its oil-producing partners and the rising powerhouse economies of the East, Russia is altering the foundations of the current US-led liberal global oil-market order, insidiously working to undermine its US-centric nature and slanting it toward serving first and foremost the energy-security needs and the geopolitical aspirations of the rising East.

REST of the Article

Its amazing to see how the loop-hole kings themselves have been played at their own game..

Its a stupid paper-trail game the US government is...
Now its being conquered on all fronts in the paper loop-war that is The Wests Democracy..
Its funny though that its Russia of all places thats taking advantage of this..

Bye Bye US leadership of Oil...

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Article is a good read - however (there's always a however):

From the US Trade Department (these are global totals):

The 2005 US import value of crude petroleum ($175.6 billion) i.e. what we bought from the world....

The US Exports of ATP's (Advanced Technology Products) in 2005 was ($215.6 billion) - the second highest on record, i.e. what we sold the world....

Now, you thinks we don't have some bargaining chips to bring to the table..?? Also, the article went from Russia and partners BUYING the big western oils plays, to Russia and friends locking up long term contracts. I'm not certain the writer was sure which was the actual route and kinda took a swipe at every way that things COULD play out....

I have a fun one - what if (with big gov help) we make a major push in alternative fuels and can reduce our oil needs to domestic + Canada only products - say by 2020. Can you say worldwide crisis from our former oil trading partners, cuz the rest of the world is not going to take up that slack at anywhere near the prices they are now getting.... No more gold plated Rolls Royce's for our OPEC friends if that happens....

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Oh, looky, looky - the empire begins to fall. So sad we're sitting in its shadow...Maybe the "New World Order" will look a little different than expected? We do, indeed, live in "interesting times".

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I have the feeling that many of those who cavil about the wickedness of "American hegemony" will end up finding that bowing to Tsar Putin will be much worse.

"Bow lower, slave, or you'll get polonium for breakfast!"

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

I have the feeling that many of those who cavil about the wickedness of "American hegemony" will end up finding that bowing to Tsar Putin will be much worse.

"Bow lower, slave, or you'll get polonium for breakfast!"

A few years ago i would have agreed but since i have come to realise the body count that 'capitalism' have managed in the last century i am not convinced that Putin or his ilk could or would want to do much worse...

Stellar

new topics

top topics

join