It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston University Group Sponsors Whites Only Scholarship

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well, on TV we have the BET channel.
High time we have the WET channel.

Just my 2 cent,
Lex

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edn
Equal rights. If blacks, yellow, pinks & browns can have there own coloured scholarship why cant whites.

Honestly I don't know the 100% answere to that but with my two cents, I would have to say, because 'whites' have spilt blood in the name of white power, by a very racial event back than. This is very intolerable, and it is only asking for trouble. There is no legit reason. It has no honor in it. It only deems caucasians to a lesser degree then it already is. Personally. Its pathetic to even be an issue today.

7A

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It is pathetic, but its also pathetic to think that I'm not able to get a scholarship because I'm white.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
It is pathetic, but its also pathetic to think that I'm not able to get a scholarship because I'm white.

Well my oppinions are going to have to stop here because i'm not afrikan american nor am I caucasian. Uhh... So I really don't know why there is 'black' univerisitys. Frankly, I have to agree with you, there should not be any university or rule/law that keeps a uh .. 'race' from getting a scholarship there. I am aboriginal and we have universitys of our native culture, but everyone is welcome.

7A

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Trutt, I empathise.
But, my last name is synonymous (sp) with black people (peeps) in my area (hood). So, as an older white male, I'm identified on reports, and the cops come to my home. Nice. I enjoy it.

Lex

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
And that is fair. I would see where having an only white scholarship if it was like the first one background scholarship. But honestly a lot of really good scholarships are ONLY BLACK or ONLY HISPANIC so I dont think its that far out to have an ONLY WHITE. There is too many ONLY everythings. It's not fair that we need a quota for minorities in jobs. Like i said before, if I'm a firefighter and someone gets hired I dont want them to cover me if theyre based on because theyre black and they needed to hire them. I want to be covered because they were the absolute best person for the job.

Edn

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon

Originally posted by Edn
Equal rights. If blacks, yellow, pinks & browns can have there own coloured scholarship why cant whites.

Honestly I don't know the 100% answere to that but with my two cents, I would have to say, because 'whites' have spilt blood in the name of white power, by a very racial event back than. This is very intolerable, and it is only asking for trouble. There is no legit reason. It has no honor in it. It only deems caucasians to a lesser degree then it already is. Personally. Its pathetic to even be an issue today.

7A
Why? whats wrong with a white scholarship? surely if you have black scholarships all university's should have there own race orientated scholarships.

Really I have nothing but disrespect for anyone who would split up races like that and especially the black culture in the US for abusing there position because of the slavery, in all there black only crap they have done over the years there no better that the people who enslaved them.

But when it comes down to it, if black people or whomever else wants a race specific anything than that should extend to all races, if not well, like i said above.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I really do hope that they do away with the racial or "ethnic" scholarships. But as long as they have them, I am glad to see that people finally have enough security to have a caucasian or whites only scholarship. I can't stand how they divide people into races to begin with, but if you are going to have scholarships by race, you need to have one for every race. It's kinda funny how in many people's eyes you can only be a racist if you're white.

Peace, love, and unity.

Pancho

edit: I just read Edn's post above mine, and I agree. That issue has been abused for waaaaaay too long, and it's time it stopped. You never hear the Irish running around saying "well my great grandfather was discriminated against, and his friends and family were murdered, so you've gotta be nice to me no matter how I treat you."

I'm no racist, and I preach unity and love, but this is getting ridiculous. I think people need to stop seeing different races, and stop acting like different races are "supposed" to act, and started seeing people, and acting like people. We are only different if we choose to look at it that way, and although we may be unique as individuals, we are all just humans.

[edit on 24/11/2006 by 7Pan7cho7]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The head of the student Hispanic group has protested the scholarship, saying that Hispanics cannot survive the school without scholarships because of their poor economic status.

The Republican group leader countered by saying that he is in favor of need-based scholarships, but only objects when a racial or ethnic label is tied to it.

"Poor, economic status" ...

Alright, use a condom, save money by having only two children. You would be surprised how a smaller family unit can get equivalent economic status quickly when they are not supporting 4, 5, 6, or even 10 children. If the Priest says "birth control is against God", tell him to stop fondling little boys.

Stay in school, stop being so pig headedly proud of ignorance and do whatever it takes to get educated.

Stop thinking that it's so macho to have kids with every girl you meet, and girls, stop validating yourselves by having the children of losers.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
"WHITE ONLY" is offensive, because the WHITE PEOPLE ARE IN POWER in the USA! They don't NEED a "white only" group to get better housing, better jobs, or better schooling.
"WHITE ONLY" is not enforceable, either. I am "BLACK", but I have Caucasian features, blonde hair and green eyes! I rest my case!
See MINDBOGGLER
members.tripod.com...
This is due to GENETIC MANIPULATION....the ETS and the Government. It was done to help ELIMINATE RACIAL PREJUDICE.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I attended BU as a graduate student years ago.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imzadi
"WHITE ONLY" is offensive, because the WHITE PEOPLE ARE IN POWER in the USA! They don't NEED a "white only" group to get better housing, better jobs, or better schooling.
"WHITE ONLY" is not enforceable, either. I am "BLACK", but I have Caucasian features, blonde hair and green eyes! I rest my case!
See MINDBOGGLER
members.tripod.com...
This is due to GENETIC MANIPULATION....the ETS and the Government. It was done to help ELIMINATE RACIAL PREJUDICE.

I don't know how serious you are here, but I am considered caucasian. I know for a fact that there are tons of white kids out there that can't afford an education, i'm one of them. I don't think that there should be white only this, or black only that, because that's stupid. There should be equal opportunity based on financial need and not race, but that's not the case all of the time. I've lived in poor neighborhoods during my childhood, and i know what it's like to not have money. Most of the country needs money, that's the way the system is designed, to get people into debt. You can avoid this happening to you, but they make it so easy to fall into.

And judging by you sarcasm i'm guessing that you were joking, but hey, you know never know about some people.

Take care, and good luck with the genetic manipulation, i hope there are no serious side effects.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
So much division among people. People lable eachother as cons, dems, repubs. And then your have the ethnic diversity like whites, blacks, hispanics, asians. I saved a quote from something I read a while ago and it makes sense to me.

"When will the day come that the words "liberal" " or "conservative" doesn't get mentioned on every story? The labels are ridiculous and by using them, you're only perpetuating the divide in this country, not strengthening your party's case. By throwing a label on something, you're pre-judging it, which history has proven to be a phenomonal waste of time and thought".

Why can't we all get along? We are ALL humans. This is the exact reason that I hate this world today, it's all full of a bunch of cliques. Just like I saw in school. You get it? People are acting like school children! Race is the same way! This is making me sick.

[edit on 24-11-2006 by Slash]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Why can't we all get along? We are ALL humans.

Well we are all not humans. A lot of us walk around people who are souless and bound by the matrix, consumed by the darkside. They appear to be natural humanbeings but they are not.

7A

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Not to be sarcastic or a smart mouth, but what are we suposed to do? Wait for Neo to come save us all? Please give us some more info.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slash
Not to be sarcastic or a smart mouth, but what are we suposed to do? Wait for Neo to come save us all? Please give us some more info.

Indeed. We must wait for Jesus Christ to save us all. He is the Neo of the true light realm. I am not of any Religion and proud of it. I do however have found very truthful sources that bring forth the real words of the messenger of god. Just now my monitor was reacting to strong energy reactions as I was about to post my message, its a sign. (btw I was sarcastic about the monitor anomoly).

7A

[edit on 24-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Whoa. That situation is pretty outrageous, geez.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
why is this even news? I fail to see the problem here

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Zeratul...
Let me recap you, blacks, hispanics, and who ever else, are getting special benifits for collage because they are a "minority". So white people have done the same thing, and in turn have angered the "minorities". Theres the issue.

7Ayreon...
Yes, I have the same beliefs about a greater power coming to save us, I am not of any raligion my self, but what is a religion? Another label? Who knows, some people say seeing is believing. My monitor is acting weird as well, but thats because it's about 7 years old and now has about the life span of a fly.
The screen keeps getting thin, then goes back to normal, just waiting for my monitor to blow up. lol

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Yes, I have the same beliefs about a greater power coming to save us, I am not of any raligion my self, but what is a religion? Another label? Who knows, some people say seeing is believing. My monitor is acting weird as well, but thats because it's about 7 years old and now has about the life span of a fly.

LoL. Indeedly so. Have you read of Xee-A-Twelve or Truthism? It is a very valuable source I have come to study.

7A

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join