It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing New Way to Multiply

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Amazing New Way to Multiply by hand:
www.glumbert.com...

Just Watch the video this totally amused me!

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
cool method, but probably extemely time consuming after the number 3. most likely the reason for not using any higher numbers in the video.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
That was cool.
But it's quicker with a calculator.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Now:
www.guidebookgallery.org..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Not so distant future:
bh.knu.ac.kr..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

3 Days after the not so distant future:

Edn

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Let me be the first to say that this will really help me. May be a little time consuming but when i don't have a calculator I'm completely useless at multiplication using any of the standard taught ways.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
How was this achieved and who found this out? Problem is like some one said and guessed my self is if you use 9999 x 9999 how many lines are we talking about? But if one is stuck for numbers who knows it could be a great help.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Interesting new method of multiplying, you could use this method OR and this is a big or...you could just multiply it out the old fashioned way.

Edn

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revelmonk
Interesting new method of multiplying, you could use this method OR and this is a big or...you could just multiply it out the old fashioned way.
Thats the problem I have, its very hard for me to multiply in my head or even written down the old fashioned way, they both require multiplying in the head and i just cant do it unless I have a calculator to help me.

The time lord you are right this would be useless for vary large numbers but when it comes to every day use of multiplication it seams to work quite well.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
what happens with 10x10 then???

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Edn: My brother suffers the same problem, ill bet hell love this
way of doing it.

How come this alternatives are not taught anymore? I mean for kids this would be
a great way to start

Useful technique if going into a home depot and do quick square footage calculations

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I did the same thing with 200 X2 i placed dashed lines instead
and whatever is inside the dashed lines is a zero

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
same video here it made close to $8,000

www.metacafe.com...

x08

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
can anybody make a bmp or something to show the calculations for 105*27 using this method?? I tried and just confused myself..

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I was amused and so I looked for some new math trick videos and I found a funny math video: video.google.com...

This may yet look useful: digg.com...

[edit on 21-2-2007 by etotheitheta]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Very interesting but I think I'd do it the old fashioned way even faster. Interestingly, it seems harder for me to do addition and subtraction than multiplication and division. I think it's because I had horrible math teachers in my early years. Calculus was a breeze for me when I was in school (I got a 5 on the AP Calculus BC test in high school), but it still took me some time to make sure any adding and subtracting was correct...

new topics

top topics

join