It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Process: -208221 (Find Error) Anyone else ever get very weird programs trying to connect t

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Unknown Process: -208221 (Find Error) connecting do you want to allow this? (yes/no)

I use to recieve this "process" many times and I have never found the complete source... the only thing I know when I did a tracerout whois ect is that it is an IBM ISP.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
What where you doing when it happend?

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Realizing I know too much about a certain topic... I just recieved my FOIA documents a week before that happened... I also have ample FOIA act docs on my computer stemming from 2 years of research.

It started to happen after my "very strange day post"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
omega, if i were you, i would burn your files on unmarked disks, and get a 2nd harddrive and hid the one with all your stuff on..... or burn it

im a "lil" nervice, i colect ufo videos.... and yes iv gotten some hits on my firewall, changing my IP only helps for a little while...

im not sure how safe even this pord is, hell they would just have to have a spyware on anyone of our computers to view whats here..

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
they can't really do anything besides watch you, also if ur worried about data on your harddrive get yourself a quick lowlevel formatter because it actually gets rid of the data(supposedly) instead of just setting the harddrive to 0 mb used, also if your going to get a second harddrive, u should get a hotswappable drivebay so u don't have to turn off your computer to remove it and dispose of it quickly

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
My comp gets hit up several times too...fricken people trying to steal my Punk music!!! LOL

Seriously, just make sure you back up all your stuff on cd's or something removable from the comp. They can't get that! unless they come into your house, but then you wouldn't have to worry about cd's at that point in time

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by banjoechef
they can't really do anything besides watch you, also if ur worried about data on your harddrive get yourself a quick lowlevel formatter because it actually gets rid of the data(supposedly) instead of just setting the harddrive to 0 mb used, also if your going to get a second harddrive, u should get a hotswappable drivebay so u don't have to turn off your computer to remove it and dispose of it quickly

Yes that is correct, low level format writes 0's to the drive. As for the other two you should look into getting a Fire Wall. If you need one please let me know I'll be more than happy to donate one..........(free ware of course)

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'd be concerned. Maybe you should take it to a small comp store and ask them to trace it.

top topics

join