It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new gadget or a step to Orwell's 1984?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The British police has started a new program of fingerprint identification. Here you read more about it: rocksmonde.qaix.com...

I don't know whether you have read 1984 by Orwell or We by Zamyatin, but I hope that you all are against the state's total control over its subjects and citizen's. But with IT it becomes more and more possible. And the first step is the biometrical pass and the fingerpront system, don't you think so?

Some people say that the government will never introduce anything that drastic because it could push people over the brink. And actually incite real change or revolution. Democratic governments, and seemingly their citizens, are quite content with more covert forms of civil rights violations.

They may, however, invent some good old antiterrorist slogan or whatever to make everything look pretty more legitimate. The thing I find most chilling about the comparisons between the great distopian novel 1984 is not the ever increasing surveilence but the fact that, just as in 1984, most of the people like it. "Well if it stops crime then it must be a good idea."

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
'electronic safeguards'

i thought people would learn some day, but apparently they DON'T. fingerprints will be recorded, just like internet traffic is being recorded. Radio licenses in the 1930s got a fair number of Norwegian Jews killed during WW2 because they filled in their religion....

Data is a weapon, has always been.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Agreed Lance,

Too much Information is dangerous and controlling, but saying that, we are headed to a reallity of complete survelence and supervision.
I'm sure i heard somewhere that some gove was considering under the skin tags for peodophiles (at least just for starts).

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
We have a higher order
No one needs to be a hoarder
Our society is such a glorious thing

In our centers we can dream of
Anything you never think of
You can't say we are puppets on a string

Guardians of our lives
Protect security
They turn the key and they step in
Controlling you and me