It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World's First Creationist Museum.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I read about this last Sunday, and was looking forward to reading som ATS member posts, but I see no-one has started the topic yet.

The world's first Creationist museum - dedicated to the idea that the creation of the world, as told in Genesis, is factually correct - will soon open. Stephen Bates is given a sneak preview and asks: was there really a tyrannosaurus in the Bible?

www.guardian.co.uk...

Apparently they also have engineers and physics proffessors working on a working model of Noah's ark.

I have no further comment at this time.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
Apparently they also have engineers and physics proffessors working on a working model of Noah's ark.

They are going to build a replica based on a boat that never existed to prove it did?
Will some teachers choose to call this a 'museum' on permission slips? I foresee trouble..

Edn

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Why is it they have to rename there religion? This is technically nothing more than a Christian museum which there are already plenty of.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Wow!!! Talk about discrimination on hiring!!

Can they be more blatant?

They, too, know they are doing the Lord's Work, and each has signed a contract saying they believe in the Seven Days of Creation theory.

And I wonder how many animals of each kind they made room for on the arc? I mean they do claim they will be accurate to the scriptures after all

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
So you pretty much have to be Christian to work there, with the signing a contract saying you believe in seven day creation, and also they all get together for prayer in the morning. That's discrimination. I didn't know Christians supported discrimination.

This place is laughable. It's absolutely scary too, mainly because I wouldn't be surprised if one day this literal creation theory will be taught next to evolution and science in the classroom one day as an alternative theory, or maybe not even as an alternative theory, it may be taught as the one and only theory of origins.

Anyone who plans on visiting that creation museum, and spends a good few hours looking around, will consiquently come out dumber. Why would anyone want to teach children and people that dinosaurs lived with humans only 6000 years ago? That's on par with lying to children about Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy. It's not neccesary.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
My favorite part is the picture of Noah leading the animals aboard the Ark, two by two, and lo and behold, there goes a Dinosaur pair up the ramp. A PURPLE Brontosaur no less. So ... lets get this straight.... The Creationists believe that God saved BARNEY from the flood and we can thank Noah for such quality TV. Yep I'm convinced.

They have spent a great deal of money on Animatronic dinosaurs which are the only cool thing in the place. I remember when they said that dinosaurs never existed, and that God just put bones in the ground to give people something to do. Now they have changed their tune and claim that we coexisted in a happy fuzzy bunny way.

I was in Nevada not long ago and stopped at a road side landmark where they had some petrified wood exposed and labeled for public viewing. A little boy was reading the sign about how petrified wood forms and the time line of when there was a forest in the desert long ago. He was reading it out loud for his parents, when his father stopped him and told him that it was a lie. That scientists knew nothing. That the world was not that old. That God made the earth exactly as it was and there never was a forest in Nevada. That the "petrified wood" was just a rock. How sad to have such ignorant parents corrupting young intelligent minds and denying them the beauty and wonder of the world.

[edit on 24-12-2006 by Terapin]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
I wouldn't be surprised if one day this literal creation theory will be taught next to evolution and science in the classroom.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm pretty sure that's already happening in Australia's schools. They need to explain why it is a 'valid' theory, then they move onto the other stuff

I think it's all fine and dandy to do that. IF it's at a private christan school. But please; keep it out of Public and non-christian private schools!

[edit on 24-12-2006 by Gear]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This museum has been on the making for quite sometime . . .

They have taken artifacts from all over the world and make their own bran of historical fact to prove their creationist point of view even if the facts they present are actually distortions of the truth.

But if people will believe it, is ok because is all about faith, blind faith.

Something that is troublesome because it will make many of the children that are pushed into this type of historical distortion be behind when it comes to true historical facts.

This brings me to a very dear friend of mine that even with a masters in educations . . . one day she say very confident that dinosaurs where a product of scientist to discredit the bible.

I just looked at her and my mouth just drop open. . .

This the type of teachers that get teach our children in schools.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
But if people will believe it, is ok because is all about faith, blind faith.

Yep. You hit the nail on the head!
Christianity is all about faith. Following it without question. God's word is law. etc...
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But what I don't understand is why they are trying to justify themselves. They are only asking for conflict of interests.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
What I don't understand is that in 2000 years there hasn't been a need for a creationist museum. Why is it now that Christians feel they need to prove dinosaurs co-existed with man, or that two of every animal was squeezed on to a 450 foot wooden boat, or that the universe and everything in it was created in six days and on the seventh day the big guy in the sky decided to put his feet up and watch two naked people walk around in a garden with a talking snake for a pet.

It's sick that people would want to teach this to children as truth and a literal account of our planet's history.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I thought Carl Baugh already opened a Creationist museum a while ago?

This ranks alongside of Von Daniken's "Ancient Astronaut" Amusement Park, I think.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
didn't hovind have a creationist theme park/museum?

one that he refused to pay the taxes on

the same type of evasion that got him 200+ years in prison

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
And I pray may this be the only one they ever make,

So God help us all in the pursuit of truth.

Man I'd love to visit and ask a lot of questions based in reality and hear what they have to say (based from THEIR reality).

I HAD to laugh about this quote from the article tho LOL:

But what, I ask wonderingly, about those fossilised remains of early man-like creatures? Marsh knows all about that: "There are no such things. Humans are basically as you see them today. Those skeletons they've found, what's the word? ... they could have been deformed, diseased or something. I've seen people like that running round the streets of New York."

Peace,
- Naz

[edit on 26-12-2006 by nazgarn]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
didn't hovind have a creationist theme park/museum?

one that he refused to pay the taxes on

the same type of evasion that got him 200+ years in prison

He hasent got the sentence yet, but i sure hope he does.

January 9. is when he gets his sentence, a maximum of 288 years.

On November 2, 2006, Hovind and his wife, Jo, were found guilty by a jury in a Pensacola, Florida federal court of fifty-eight federal tax and tax-related offenses. Hovind is currently being held by the Escambia County Sheriff's Office awaiting sentencing on January 9, 2007. He has been ordered to forfeit $430,400 and faces a maximum of 288 years in prison

He's one of the biggest disinformers out there.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Whoo hoo more convincing proof to me that there needs to be more chlorine in the gene pool.

So Hanna Barbera was right! Fred Flinstone had a dinosaur as a pet!

Oh and aparently dinosaurs turned into dragons! DRAGONS! ROFLMFAO

I still want to see them explain how only 2 people populated an entire planet without incest!
(and all the nasty birth defects that go along with too much inbreeding)

yep and there are how many animals on the planet? and somehow noah went round and got two of each and every one of them put em on a boat. (I still say the stench allone would be life threatining)

So basicly the planet is 6000 years old. Dinosaurs cohabitated the planet with man. There are no such things as proto humans, and dragons existed.

WOW!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
How to Save Yourself $19.95

John Scalzi took some pictures on A Visit to the Creation Museum. You can save yourself twenty dollars (and a ninety-minute wait, apparently), by viewing his photostream. You'll get some amusing commentary thrown in, too, for free.

Ah... amusing to us godless evolutionists, that is. Creationist types might be better off paying their twenty bucks; they can comfort themselves that they're helping do God's work by financing hideous waxworks of badly shorn Biblical figures and dinosaurs lifted straight out of an online role-playing game.

Besides, what's a ninety-minute wait? Christians are used to waiting. What's it been now, two thousand years since He promised he was just popping down to bakery for a bit?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
thanks Astyanax

www.flickr.com...
Warning: No little amount of sacrilegiousness follows. If you are a creationist and/or otherwise determined to take the Bible literally, you will almost certainly be offended. Don't come whining to me when you are.

..reminds me of the life of brian where all the women are wearing beards to watch a stoning.. this place looks hilarious!

dinousaur saddle is my fave:

[edit on 5-4-2008 by riley]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
"Ooo he said 'the meek'! Isn't that nice? It's about time, they have such a hard time of it..."

My favourite bit of that whole film is the Jews beating each other up (on multiple occasions) and the Roman legionaries just looking at each other and shrugging or shaking their heads.

That entirely sums up the Western perspective on the Middle East.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Really. I was sure there was at least one or two other creation museums open.

Oh well. The fewer the merrier, amirite?

top topics

join