It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Thanksgiving!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Niall197 you just come on over and enjoy; there's a 20pound turkey with stuffing and ALL the trimmings we'd love to share.

I've been sitting here pondering over a cup of coffee. What do I have to be thankful for. The answer of course, is many things. I am thankful for my daughter; the joy of my life, for my brother Seagull who since we've been sharing a place I've had the pleasure of getting to know better; I'm thankful for my youngest brother; although he's in Iraq this year and we will miss him ( I'll especially miss playing board games with him; he loves board games.) Hey little brother I love and miss you. Maybe he'll get to call.

I'm thankful for the good; no make that; great people I work with. They don't realize how much I love and care about them. Our job is tough but it's the people I work with that makes it bearable. It's paid for me to support lovely daughter, buy a home and then theres college. I'm thankful to have a job that allows me to do those things.

I'm thankful that I have a home and food to eat, clothes to wear and a few extras.

I'm thankful for my improved vision. I went from20/40 corrected to 20/25 uncorrected it's a gift second only to my lovely daughter and family. I'm thankful that unlike many I have health insurance that allowed me to recover my vision.

I'm thankful for the second family I have here on ATS. You are all special to me.

I'm thankful for my friends those wonderful people who have honored me by allowing me into their lives and their children's lives.

I'm thankful for the freedom to express myself without reprisals.

I'm thankful that here I am alive with the ability to either see the good or walk around under a dark cloud and only see the negative.

May we all be abundantly blessed. Love to you all.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thank you my friends for the turkey & trimmings

I'll repay the favour on 31st December & 25th January, when us Scots celebrate Hogmanay & Burns Night. Haggis, tatties & neeps all washed down by malt whisky ... followed by a Céilidh when you can all dance yourselves delirious

Seriously. Have the best day ever ! Enjoy !

Oh ... forgot.
Here's a wee something to grace your tables

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Outrageo, Very nice post in the who give's a crap post

Thank you for serving your country and for knowing just how thankful we all are for the lifes we share and the challenges we face. I'm thankful to know you here at ATS.

HAPPY THANKGIVING EVERYBODY !! And if you get a chance to meet a soldier today, give them a hug and a big Thank You too!!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

Don't forget the Troops.

Roper

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

I went to the "Crap" thread you linked. your post was excellent, and I thank you for it.

I didn't intend to say anything there, but I did anyway. I doubt it will mean anything to the OP of that thread, but I had to try, as we are in the deny ignorance business here.

Still, we will have a great Thanksgiving despite such 'crap'.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
...thought to include this lively Thanksgiving quote:

The first Thanksgiving Day proclaimed by the United States called upon Americans to thank almighty God for "his kind care and protection of the People of this country previous to their becoming a Nation;…for the peaceful and rational manner in which we have been able to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly for the national One now lately instituted."

That first national Thanksgiving—Thursday, November 26, 1789—was proclaimed by President George Washington, fully conscious that he now presided over the realization of America’s more that century-and-a-half struggle to become a sovereign republic.

This was not the first day of thanksgiving Washington had declared. As commander-in-chief of the victorious Continental Army, he ordered a cessation of all hostilities with Britain on April 19, 1783 and instructed the army chaplains to hold services to “render thanks to almighty God”—eight years to the day after Massachusetts militiamen delivered the “shot heard ‘round the world” launching the American Revolution.

--H. Graham Lowry,
How the Nation Was Won.

larouchepac.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving!

This year, instead of the usual thanks, I’ve been thinking about an ancestor of mine. More than 200 years ago he got a crazy idea to embark on a journey to the “New World”.

The decision could not have been made lightly. Travel in that age was serious business. Taking the journey meant leaving behind the fruits of labor scores of generations of ancestors managed to scavenge from the land they lived in. It meant putting away everything familiar in his life. It took weeks on a leaky boat with rats, bandits, scurvy, the danger of the sea, and more problems than there is space to write about here. It meant years of servitude in order to pay off the debt.

After the servitude had been repaid he was finally free to seek his fortune. It wasn’t an easy life. He didn’t have money, or land. He had no family, no friends, and few prospects. From what we can gather from the records, he never enjoyed prosperity in his lifetime. His life in this new land was full of toil, hardship, and a struggle to survive.

Yet somehow he was able to survive well enough to bring his wife over. Together they managed to raise a family, own property, run a business, and in almost all things, have a better life than those they left behind.

I doubt he considered that many, many generations later his offspring would number in the thousands. Many of them would taste what he was never able to achieve in his lifetime, Prosperity. None of them could have reached this without him. All of them owe him huge thanks for their current freedoms, abilities, achievements, and opportunities.

Without his daring, foresight, and stubborn resolve to fulfill his dream, all of them would be living in a place that has moved foreword very little. Without people like him, many of us would still be living under the thumb of tyrant Kings that make even Hitler look like an amateur.

It’s my opinion that if he were somehow able to see what his decision has brought about, he would be moved beyond words. To see the idea of freedom continue ever onward. Always moving to reach the goal our forefathers set. To see a people who are still steadfast in working toward a more perfect union. How could he not be moved?

So today I pause to think of him, and those like him. I raise my glass to their memory, and I pray that men like them will never perish from the face of the earth.

Thank you!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Nice cuddly post. Your Thanksgiving makes you happy, so
but we have no similar fest on our side of the swimming pool, where does it originate? You don't get American Football three spectaculars on a Thursday normally? What are you celebrating?

signed,

an ignorant git (Brit).

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Right, so its turkeys getting a break. Does this link with our harvest festival, except that is early september.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join