It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Thanksgiving!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I didn't see another general 'Happy Thanksgiving' thread so I thought I'd start one...

So, Happy Thanksgiving! everyone in the United States and Americans worldwide!

Eat a lot turkey, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Also drink a lot of champagne and whatever else you like!

And, most importantly, be thankful that you're still alive and able to have a feast with your family and friends!

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Well, I'm Canadian, but there is no harm in it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you fine folk!

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving to you, as well, Dj, and to everyone else here one this site who recognizes the holiday!

Wishing everyone the best.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Aah... So that's why it's so quiet on here today...

Happy Thanksgiving, all you American Thanksgivers!

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

My family shall celebrate with good cooking and the annual Roper family clay pigeon shoot.

Roper, who loves the smell of gun powder in the moring.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Getting ready to step out the door to catch a train to New York and spend the holiday with family, but before I go, just had to pop in and say...

Happy Thanksgiving

to my ATS freinds!

Have a good Holiday! And for those not celebrating Thanksgiving, have a wonderful weekend!

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Happy thanksgiving!!!!

Its not something we do here in the UK but What the heck im still going to eat some turkey to not feel left out lol,

Have a great day and remember its about giving thanks

So I thank you all for being so great!

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate today as such.

This is a bit "Leave It To Beaver"-ish, but the focus is more on simply giving thanks for that which you hold near and dear.
A true Giving of Thanks, whatever that may be individually.

About 12mins.

[edit on 11/23/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Remember when the discussion turns to turkey making you sleepy it's the "tryptophan" in the meat. Tell them you learned that on ATS.
lol

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Gooble Gooble

And nope I am not eating
:shk:

Happy Turkey Day everyone.

[edit on 11/23/2006 by shots]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL TOO!

Just popping in before the families arrive.
Food is smelling good and shortly will be getting our grub on.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Happy thanksgiving to everyone on ATS.

BTW: Tryptophan is not what makes you sleepy..

www.snopes.com...

In this instance, lore almost intersects with science. Turkey does contain tryptophan, an amino acid which is a natural sedative. But tryptophan doesn't act on the brain unless it is taken on an empty stomach with no protein present, and the amount gobbled even during a holiday feast is generally too small to have an appreciable effect. That lazy, lethargic feeling so many are overcome by at the conclusion of a festive season meal is most likely due to the combination of drinking alcohol and overeating a carbohydrate-rich repast, as well as some other factors:

[edit on 23-11-2006 by madmangunradio]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving to all. I put the turkey in about 6ish and it is starting to smell wonderful. What a wonderful day this is. Right now the kid is still sleeping and home for the holiday when she wakes we will have bacon eggs and hashbrowns and torment ourselves with how good the turkey smells. The pies are done we're trying a new one this year peach/berry mix and of course, pumpkin with the secret ingrediant my Grandma taught me. Later my brothers will be over to eat and play board games. Seagull would rather be watching football but our younger brother is leaving for Iraq again after the first of the year so we'll eat and play board games and cherish these holidays.

Now; how many have their Christmas shopping done? I just have to buy stocking stuffers neener neener to those who haven't started.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
HAPPY THANKSGIVING! EAT! BE MERRY! AND GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD!

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I awaits the devouring of the sacrifical turkey!

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
yup, happy turkey day to all....especially those poor souls who have to spend the day working like me!

and even more importantly to our men and women overseas and their families back home who are without them this holiday season. i remember my first thanksgiving in the navy...thousands of miles away from family and friends. it can be tough!

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Remember when the discussion turns to turkey making you sleepy it's the "tryptophan" in the meat.

Yep, and that effect is even better with a slow smoked turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Ours got postponed a day because I got deathly ill yesterday and I'm recovering today, but it's the thought that counts, not the food... Did I just say that? Nah, it's the food.

Originally posted by snafu7700
and even more importantly to our men and women overseas and their families back home who are without them this holiday season.

Thank you for bringing this up. I think it's important to remember them, also.

Killed on Thanksgiving

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
very nice link, BH.......

lest we forget.....

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
How can we be happy when people are being mutilated as we eat and have a feaste in the name of in plain denial!! WAKE UP!! Thanksgiving is a perfect example to train our minds in ignorance and CONTROL. I protest!

New World Order: Peace & Justice Tomorrow
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join