It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Rights Campaign Foundation's first Corporate Equality Index

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The index rates large corporations on policies affecting their "gay," lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees, investors and consumers.

The others sharing top honors were

Aetna
American Airlines
Apple Computers
Avaya
Intel
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
Lucent Technologies
NCR
Nike
Replacements Ltd.
Worldspan
Xerox.

"In the name of tolerance they foment a spirit of intolerance," says Rochester radio talk-show host Bob Lonsberry, who has been discussing Kodak's firing of Szabo on the air and in his online column. "Their ongoing incessant theme is diversity of the most progressive sort, but those in the workplace feel it's rubbed in their face."

Response to the issue on Lonsberry's message board has favored Szabo overwhelmingly.

"I work in the same division as Rolf," said one message poster. "Kodak is constantly trying to cram this diversity/inclusive culture crap down our throats. We are told by management that all beliefs are welcome. Well, as Rolf found out, if your opinions and fundamental beliefs go against the Kodak party line, you will be gone."

"What a crock," writes Paula from Rock Glen, N.Y. "You are now required at risk of your job to go along with things that to you are immoral. How nice. Now lets all holds hands and sing gay songs. If it is hurtful to the gay or lesbian person that not everyone likes what they do maybe it is their own ideas that what they are doing is wrong. And as for family of these people, I am one of those, and I do not get offended at any person being offended by what they are. They are immoral."

worldnetdaily.com...

new topics

join