It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where in the World is Dick Cheney?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Some conflicting reports here, Iraqi media is reporting that U.S. Vice President Richard Cheney has traveled to Iraq to visit U.S. troops for Thanksgiving; however, his office is denying it:

Gulfnews.com

US Vice President Dick Cheney has arrived in Baghdad on a surprise visit, Iraq’s state television Iraqiya announced on Thursday.

Cheney is expected to hold talks with Iraqi leaders on the security situation in the country and prepare the ground for an upcoming meeting between US President George W Bush and Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Al Maliki in the Jordanian capital Amman next week.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

However,

Bloomberg: U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney Isn't in Iraq, Spokeswoman Says

Nov. 23 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney isn't in Iraq, his spokeswoman said, following a report that he was in Baghdad to meet American soldiers on Thanksgiving Day.

``He's not in Iraq,'' Megan McGinn said in a telephone interview. Asked whether Cheney had intended to travel to the country, the spokeswoman said: ``No, not to my knowledge.''

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Is the spokesman lying for security reasons or is the report out of Iraq wrong? Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Maybe he's safe and sound in his bunker under the Naval Observatory, plotting and scheming as usual

Does seem kinda strange that he'd be reported in Iraq but his own office then deny it.
Did they send a body double or something? Very weird

[edit on 23-11-2006 by Britguy]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think others mentioned this also and at the time a French Paper made the statement that he was there but that was withdrawn shortly after it was posted. One thing is for sure he must be in the region because I recall hearing he is do in Saudi Arabia or some other country in the region this week.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
He was probably due in Iran to fit them up!

Good poit thu, Where the heck is he ??

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
One thing is for sure he must be in the region because I recall hearing he is do in Saudi Arabia or some other country in the region this week.

I vaguely recall hearing he was to visit Saudi Arabia on the news (in the background, so I wasn't fully paying it any attention) today also.

As a side note I just saw a Thanksgiving Day message to the troops from Rumsfeld on the TV and wondered (aloud) why he's still on the air
lol
Didn't he get fired or retire or something ?

Ahhh it made hubby laugh. Carry on!

[edit on 23-11-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
He may have been making a conspiracy-laden visit to Baghdad yesterday. But he's supposed to be in Saudi today (Friday).

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Hopefully he fell down a well somewhere.

Never liked the guy. Conniving.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
It appears that he did not go to Iraq, the Iraqi media were totally wrong...

Weird though, I wonder where they got that from

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It appears that he did not go to Iraq, the Iraqi media were totally wrong...

Weird though, I wonder where they got that from

My guess is that a media outlet got a whisper and decided to run the story without verifiering the facts in order to get an exclusive story. Its a typical if somewhat poor media practice.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
One thing is for sure he must be in the region because I recall hearing he is do in Saudi Arabia or some other country in the region this week.

Well it does apper that he is in Saudi Arabia.

US Vice President Dick Cheney has arrived in Riyadh for talks with King Abdullah on the situation in the Middle East, particularly violence-wracked Iraq.

Mr Cheney is also expected to meet Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz during his brief visit to the kingdom.

US sources said the US vice president was expected to ask Abdullah to use his influence to help foster reconciliation in Iraq, which is reeling from an explosion of tit-for-tat sectarian violence. news.com.au

I await the outcome of these talks with interest.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Mr. Cheney is going to Saudi in a one last attempt to get the oil rich nation to help with influences in the mess that Iraq is involve right now.

He wants Saudi, Egypt and Kuwait to become the partners to help Iraq, after the Iraqi prime minister made public that he may be having diplomatic talks with the two nemesis of the US war on terror.

Iran and Syria

[edit on 25-11-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
hopefully hes trying to find osama. remember him? he is the one who started this whole mess in the first place right? come on. osama bin ladin? the guy? 9-11-01? twin towers? airplanes? yeah thats where he is. trying to find osama. finally someone who cares. please mr. dick find evil osama for us. you can do it. we belive in you.

new topics

top topics

join