It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is this a "Nuclear Tunnel Boring Machine" ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I know there is another picture circulating the internet which looks sort of similar to this one. This machine looks bigger though, and I must say I have no friggin clue as to what this is.

I guess it really could be a tunnel boring machine, but I thought I´d ask around and see if the knowledgeable people of ATS can identify it as something else. It could be a space based prototype or NASA related.

heres the link
www.stevequayle.com...

EDIT:
heres the other picture as well
www.geocities.com...

[edit on 23-11-2006 by SdiRailgun]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
An article with an animated picture that has a striking similarity with the first link I posted:

www.popsci.com... eneraltechnology/0e1877530caf9010vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd.html

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I didn,t think it was THAT boring.!!

I,ve seen that machine before,rumoured to be shipped to Antarctica,I think that it was a hoax though because I recall one of the guys standing wearing shorts in one of the pictures

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
IMO this one looks realistic. i am no drill expert tho.

www.jamescasbolt.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
my remotely educated opinion says that these "drilling machines" are very real and will be used to eventually drop entire citys on an instant....you digg a series of tunnels under a city and load them up with heavy explosives and boom the whole city implodes and becomes a leveled wasteland.......hmmmmm scary

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I believe this machine was first mentioned the September, 1983 issue of Omni (Pg. 80). It had a colour picture too I wonder if anyone has this issue of Omni magazine???

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The pic of the USAF TBM is real and so is the second image.

Here's a link to one of the companies that design and manufacture Many types of TBMs. Shielded, Small Boring units, etc.

www.robbinstbm.com...

This one looks very similar to your first image.

[edit: to add]
Look at some of the locations and projects on their "world records" page.

www.robbinstbm.com...

[edit on 11/23/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
heres some more pics

www.light1998.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Just to clarify, I was referring to the ''Antarctica'' part being a hoax.
I,m sure the subject was covered on ATS.
As I said I believe the location was hoaxed and a picture of a guy in shorts was superimposed.

He must have had some pretty sturdy weatherproof knees to cope with those kind of temps

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Cool, this is the real deal then. Would love to see one of these monsters in action. I didnt realise these machines were admitted as existing.

Offcourse if these are public knowledge, perhaps the nuclear driven, wall-glacing machines really exist as well !?

IAMOVERLORD, its a scary thought for sure, makes you wonder about all the people around the world reporting machinery sounds coming from the ground at night. "Nighty night, y´all - hope your floor wont fall !!!"

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
A bit here on TBM's

www.subversiveelement.com...

FATMAN

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
They've been sown on The History Channel many times because they are widely used to drill tunnels. The are even using 2 to drill the facility in Yucca Mountain.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I can't believe that people think that these things are fiction. The channel tunnel for instance used eleven of these machines link. They are far from secret. Another link

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
They're real, they're just not "atomic." Just ordinary (expensive) heavy machinery. And they move REAL slow and they're noisy. You couldn't miss them... every seismograph in the area would be going crazy.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Thats what they used to drill the chunnel! Those things are huge, heavy and VERY slow moving. I believe they are using these to make some really huge tunnel under the alps to. Oh and they are not nuclear powered as far as I know, Although it would make a little sense if they were, much like a nuclear submarine, but the whole "Leaves glass walls" is crap

[edit on 6-12-2006 by Senor_Vicente]

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senor_Vicente
...the whole "Leaves glass walls" is crap

I wonder...

1980s documents from Los Alamos National Laboratory and from Texas A&M University (under contract to NASA) indicate that there are plans to use "nuclear subselene tunneling machines" to melt tunnels under the Moon's surface, to make living, working, mining and transportation facilities for a lunar colony.

A 1986 Los Alamos report calls for using a fission powered, nuclear subselene to provide the heat to "melt rock and form a self-supporting, glass-lined tunnel suitable for Maglev or other high-speed transport modes." The report recommends burrowing beneath the surface because of the harsh lunar environment. (This would apply to Mars as well.)

Source.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I was talking about that specifc machine, i never saifd that there were not any machines that did not melt walls.
i was referring to just your conventional tunnel boring machine.
Plus your quote say PLANS and a "report called for" that doesnt mean that there are such machines, although i would speculate that there are.
Good Find.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
i cant see them being used to whipe out cities with explosives...its would take too long to get to a target city underground, the cost would be insane. we would just launch a nuke.

these machines are amazing, just makes you wonder how many underground tunnels exist...be awsome to see a map of all the underground tunnels in the USA.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
If there is some truth to these deep, deep underground bases, then why did the channel tunnel take so long?

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Just remember that what is available to the public in terms of tech is decades if not more behind what the government has. I remember reading a article about solar energy and that the gov. is testing a material that absorbs and converts the energy but has the pliability of regular cloth. I believe they were using it to make self-powered tents. When you have total access to the greatest and most brilliant scientists and thinkers in the world at your beck and call, you tend to be far ahead of the curve. We sqaunder billions a day on R&D of stuff that will never reach the public. The trickle-down effect is so in action.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join