It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long did it take you to think there was a conspiracy in 9/11?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I saw some stuff online about the Pentagon and thought it was odd, and made sense, but not so much anymore. That naturally led to looking at other info, though, of which things still don't add up for me, despite coming across loads of more information.

It was probably 3 or 4 years after 9/11 that I came across any of that, though. I guess I thought Osama did it as per the line but I never cared to pay attention to any finer details until then.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
As soon as the 1st tower collapsed I thought,"now thats strange".When the 2nd tower came down in the exact same manner I thought ,"thats impossible!"Then I heard the reports of explosions by ALOT of the folks that where there including reporters,cops and firemen,well that pretty much told me no arabs could have pulled that off.Some time shortly after that horrible day I heard on the news they would'nt show footage of that day no more out of respect for the victims families,that very well may be.But what if they won't show it to keep folks from going hmmm.................?

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I came to realize the deception when I read about "operation Northwoods" . Until then I believed the official story.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
On 9/11 one of my first thoughts was "Well there goes Civil Liberties!" There always exist people who wish to see the power of the Corporation/Government enhanced at the expense of the civil liberties of individuals. September 11th type events give them the political cover and advantage to move their agenda. And as we have seen with the USA Patriot Act they did not hesistate. Most of the stuff in the Patriot act had been requested for years before 9/11 and rejected.

I also recall thinking on 9/11 or shortly thereafter that it was quite amazing that even a big jet crashing into one those buildings could bring the entire structure down. I was also amazed at how "orderly" they came down--and at that moment was relieved, thinking of the additional carnage that could have occured had they topled to one side or another thus involving other populated structures.

I became aware of the 9/11 conspiracists but initially dismissed them. I just thought they were grasping at straws. It seemed a too momentous crime to attempt. Yet when revelation after revalation about the criminality of individuals associated with the Bush administration (e.g. chief domenstic adviser arrested for a shoplifting scam, the attempted appointment of mob friend Bernard Kerrick as SECDHS, the Rove/Abramoff axis) surfaced, as well as the lawlesssness of lying the nation into war; of essentially kidnapping and holding people prisoner without any sort of objective/fair legal review; of subjecting all email and phone communications to intelligence software probing despite legistlative and constitutional prohibitions, it began to be clear to me that these people were capable of anything. So after the 2004 election, when evidence began to emerge that it too had been stolen in Ohio , I began to wonder whether there wasn't something to the idea that 9/11 was an attack carried out by highly trained and organized people who at the very least represented powerful interests who would benefit in treasure and power from a fearful nation.

Was the crime too big to pull off? Well not if you have been paying attention. John Kennedy was killed in public in the middle of a major American city and to this day the public does not know who did it although there is the improbable "usual suspect" Oswald officially labeled as the assasin. What someone who is paying attention might have learned is that any crime the government is willing to abet is very doable. The government does not even have to do a whole lot more than just look the other way. It was a sure bet, for example, that J. E. Hoover, who hated the Kennedys, was not only not going to bend over backwards to disclose what happened. Hoover would have worked overtime to confuse and muddy the record thus insuring that the guilty got away. Getting away with it is all about keeping the goverment from really and honestly using its investigative powers and then just managing (and making money) off of the information flow.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Thanks again, it is really interesting to know the answer from different people. I find it quite interesting how we say now that there was no way it was only al qaeda, but on 9/11 we mostly accepted the idea.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
It took me about a year to really start questioning thing's as far as our Government planning it all.But the thing is that the more I looked into these conspiracy theories the more I don't believe them.There is no factual evidence,especially the Pentagon Missle theory

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I knew about it before it happened so...
I was just shocked that they actually did it

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samblack
There is no factual evidence,especially the Pentagon Missle theory

There is also no factual proof a plane hit either... So tit for tat..

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The moment I saw WTC Building 7 "collapse" live on TV, is the moment I believed there was a conspiracy. Same for all of the people around me in the room. Im sure this moment is the same for others.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Right about the time two of the tallest structures in New York collapsed into their own footprint.

That'd be about the time one would have to say hmmm....considering the amazing events that had already occured that day.

Ram

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Took me about - 3 years to realize.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Conspiracy, what conspiracy?????

snicker

Something smelt fishy right away, but I really didn't gel up my rancour until I heard the firemen saying it sounded just like demolition explosives.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Despite of all your countrys tech and might this attack could be executed?Either the US armed forces and the men leading them are all incompetent fools,wich I found hard to belive.Or some of them in key positions where in it or allowed it to happen.The late & lousy intervention by your armed forces immeditaly got me thinkig this was a inside job.Even thoe Im not an American, I know about the restriction of no flight zones wich where breached.Wich should have alerted the airforce to within 2 minutes send some F16.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The day before 911 i commented to a coworker that i thought something big was gonna go down in afghanistan - oil negotiations had broken down, the opium crop was declining, and the level of western propaganda against the taliban was fever pitched.

when i woke up next day it was already 12 hours into the show, and osama's mugshot & terrorists on monkey bars flooding the screen. then they reported finding atta's passport & the koran + a flight manual in his car at the airport. i just couldn't buy that. they also reported cruise missiles being fired into kabul of which i've heard nothing since. i immediately realised osama was a patsy, the terrorist bogeyman, and this would justify going into afghanistan, followed by iraq, iran, and syria.

12 hours of digesting what was happening & it clicked that it was false flag. i lay in bed stunned they had done this, and knew the cabal had passed the point of no return. hearing cheney's bollocks excuse for standing down the air force on meet the press a few weeks later clinched it beyond all reasonable doubt for me.

i have to say it is my opinion that the vibrant 'conspiracy' community has so far helped stave off even more false flag events by drawing attention to the machiavellian tendencies of the cabal. thank god for the internet, when that goes we're in some pretty deep doo-doo.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Conspiracy wasn't the first thing that came to my mind. But after reading so much on the subject, I started to think that it could very well be exactly that.

The one thing that keeps me on the borderline is that I can't get over my feelings that these muslim extremists really hate America, and everything we stand for.

Maybe it was just perfect timing for a combination of the two? An opportunity that our government couldn't pass up?

Who knows?...We can only speculate.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
when did any of you think that there was a conspiracy behind 9/11? Was it on the day...

Yes, it was on the day. 9/11/2001 was the day I became interested in conspiracy. I told my husband that something wasn't right. This was all too clean, all too neatly packaged. I have no doubt that planes hit WTC1 & 2 but I also have no doubt that explosives brought them and WTC7 down. And I don't know who made it happen, but I suspect someone in our government.

In the next few days as Flight 93's crash site was being explored, I became more sure that something was rotten. My suspicions have only become more and more certain since then.

So, since 9/11, I have had serious suspicions but when I read The Dog that Did Not Bark, I KNEW.

Originally posted by niteboy82
Someone very close to me said, "this will be used as a justification for things to come that shouldn't happen."

How true is that?

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
When the Axis if evil speach, didnt mention Afghan.

Also a great point!

Interesting thread, apex! Good job.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Yes, it was on the day. 9/11/2001 was the day I became interested in conspiracy.

In the next few days as Flight 93's crash site was being explored, I became more sure that something was rotten. My suspicions have only become more and more certain since then.

On the day? you must have been rather more understanding of the implications than most then. I didn't really understand the implications for a while after that really.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Interesting thread, apex! Good job.

Thanks for that, I don't think I've managed to get a thread on the hot topics before.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Okay, granted this isnt really connected to 9/11, but since someone introduced it into this thread, I had to comment.....

But perhaps the biggest tipoff was on Election night in 1999 when they called Florida for Gore and 10 minutes later said "Wait a minute, there's a problem with Florida." Knowing that Bush's brother Jeb was governor of Florida I thought "Duh, there's something wrong here, you don't think Jeb is going to deliver Florida to his big brother?"

"They called Florida for Gore" Do you even understand that? The MEDIA said they thought that Florida would be Gore's based on their exit polls (which the exit poll service later said they screwed up royally).

In reality, when they actually started counting votes, Bush led. Gore NEVER LED the vote totals in Florida, EVER. The media doesnt give states to candidates, they make projections. And the major media, with the exception of the Associated Press, all relyed on the same flawed data in making their projections.

The Associated Press also had access to the same exit polling, however, AP ALSO conducted a separate exit poll. They decided to use their own exit polling, when it became clear that the other poll had something wrong. Thus AP was the ONLY major media outlet that correctly called Florida that night.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Since Alex Jones has a cable tv show here in Austin Tx and I knew from some of the things he talked about on Oklahoma City. I pretty much knew there was a conspiracy a couple days after 9-11 (9-13)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Im not too sure,
But i had a very strange feeling the day of 911,
It seemed a little complicated at first( i was in grade 7)
But i went home and listened to the radio and watched tv.
Didnt think much of it, but i cared about who did it,
My friends werent soo much into it and didnt care much,
But about a year later, i started noticing things about the states i never noticed before

<< 1    3 >>

join