It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Art of Meditation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Sorry if this is already a thread, but I meditate almost everyday and would like to hear from others who have reached enlightenment or have tecniques that they might want to share.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
not many meditators I take it?

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Im new to this whole forum thread stuff so I guess I shouldnt be so vague in my posting

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
When I use to practice meditation, I would usually be free of clothing, minus my boxers and play some Clare de Lune and once I reached an aware enough state when enough oxygen had circulated through my brain, I would break free of the usual sitting meditation position and just lay down and relax, not sleep but day dream about what my life had in store for me and other things that held glory in my life.

Technique: It would be after a warm shower when my muscles would be relaxed. I would play my music to set a comfortable and vibrant melody flowing through the air to help my brain concentrate. I would first lay down and stretch all my muscles for maximum relaxation (As most recommend), sit up and put my hands in my lap and just focus on my breathing.

Essentially, breathing is one of the most IMPORTANT aspects of meditation. As with increased bloodflow through our brains, it helps areas correlate better with one another and work together. This is what brings you the sense of awareness or enlightment that most feel, with that we feel more energentic and more intelligent-oriented.

With the muscles being relaxed, concentrating on breathing, beautiful Clare de Lune melody flowing through the air, and your mind being virtually a blank screen for problem solving, everything essentially works out from there, just use your "period of enlightenment" to your fullest.

[edit on 11/23/2006 by Masisoar]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Sometimes while in meditation I feel the urge to breath in deeply thru the chest which I understand to be bad. But if I resist I have a panic attack...I dont know how to explain it but it keeps me from becoming more relaxed.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I feel that way sometimes too, when not even meditating, I just make sure I have clear deep breathing through my lungs. Not sure if people can distinguish between types of breathing, but normally I breath regularly when deep breathing and sometimes I can open up my passageways to allow for more air, not sure how to describe it, seems to help circulation at any rate.

EDIT: Environment I consider to be a HUGE part of meditation enhancement (no you can't take pills for this
) but I find if I'm in a more natural area, like the woods or being surrounded by a nice melody as I stated.. it really helps you get more "enlightened".

[edit on 11/23/2006 by Masisoar]

new topics

top topics

join