It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Propaganda and The After-Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The following is strickly concerning alien stories. This is not about religions. Please refrain from referencing the bible, koran, torah, or any other religious texts. Please also refrain from referencing paranormal stories that aren't directly related to aliens.

I've noticed a particular point of confusion when it comes to all the alien stories. This point of confusion comes into play when those stories concern matters beyond the material world we perceive with our five senses.

This point of confusion is Spirit or Soul? Etheric or Light?

I have read dozens of alien stories. One in particular that fits this 'poc' well is the "soul collector". But it is by far not the only one that has this theme that aliens control the Soul and we are at their mercy even after death.

For those interested, I pose these questions...

1. When dealing with alien stories that involve the after-life, what do you think is being referred to when the word "Soul" is mentioned?

2. Have you heard both 'Spirit' and 'Soul' mentioned in the same alien story?
--If so, can you point to those resources containing these two terms?

3. Dealing strickly with alien stories, do you personally see these terms (spirit and soul) as interchangeable or separate?

4. In alien stories, have you seen mention of the terms 'etheric' and 'light' bodies?
--a. If so, do these stories treat these terms as interchangeable or separate?
--b. If interchangeable, please provide any definitions or descriptions given.
--c. If separate, please provide the definitions or descriptions for each term.

5. Do you personally see these terms (etheric and light) as being interchangeable or separate?

The reason for this post is, I find it extremely difficult to discuss these stories when the terms 'soul', 'spirit, 'etheric', and 'light' are not properly defined and/or their definitions are not agreed on by all those in discussion.

It seems to me that this is done on purpose to confuse some and get others to believe something that may not be true simply because of lack of definition by the story creators.

It would certainly be incredibly lame if someone falsely believes aliens can control your soul when they are really talking about controlling your energy body. Imagine being trapped even after death because you believed something due to a language technicality. Imagine being stuck in a false heaven or false hell because of your beliefs. Or having to reincarnate when you may not have to.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Arm Of Geddon

I would like to share what I understand about these things, but I speak only from my own experiences with the alien races and other kinds of beings. I do not completely understand what I have experienced about the difference between spirit and soul to be able to explain fully, but I will give my simple point of view.

1. When dealing with alien stories that involve the after-life, what do you think is being referred to when the word "Soul" is mentioned?

"Soul" in my mind, when I use the word pertaining to my alien experiences, means the original part of us- of both us and the alien people. When other people describe "soul" to me pertaining to their alien experiences, I often find they are referring to their spirit, or to the aliens' spirits, or to what they perceived of alien life by their own spiritual ability.

2. Have you heard both 'Spirit' and 'Soul' mentioned in the same alien story?
--If so, can you point to those resources containing these two terms?

In my own experiences with alien life, I use the word Spirit to refer to the part of us that is out of body for the encounter. Although, we do not have to be "out" to be spirit, or to have an alien encounter, or to perceive any and all other life by spirit, including alien life.

3. Dealing strickly with alien stories, do you personally see these terms (spirit and soul) as interchangeable or separate?

I see them as separate. But I understand that people often use the two words interchangeably. Most people see them as the same word. But in my describing and explaining how alien contact happens, I find that it's necessary to point out the difference in the terms just to explain how personal contact happens between our races. Alien experiences are always spiritual experiences, and only sometimes physical experiences.

4. In alien stories, have you seen mention of the terms 'etheric' and 'light' bodies?
--a. If so, do these stories treat these terms as interchangeable or separate?
--b. If interchangeable, please provide any definitions or descriptions given.
--c. If separate, please provide the definitions or descriptions for each term.

a. My understanding of the term "light bodies" is multiple, because some races of people have bodies that are actually physically made out of light itself. Often these alien people, when seen by humans, are mistaken for another kind of "light body" or angel or spirit or demon, even more often than alien people whose bodies are of physical matter, like ours. Each of us, as soul, is also another kind of light body.

b. When we are out of body, that is our spirit, but actually just a part of our spirit. All humans have four states of consciousness, and when we are out of body, that is the third state. Also we refer to people who have died as spirits. To me, the word soul better describes both the original part of us upon creation and also the whole of us, body and spirit, throughout all of our existence, before life, during life, between lives and after we are finished living physical lives.

c. When we are created, we are original. As we proceed, we accumulate knowledge, experience, abilities and personality. We never stop being us, and we never lose what we have gained. We never start over. All that we are becoming and increasing as soul is reflected, or can be felt and seen, through our spirit.

5. Do you personally see these terms (etheric and light) as being interchangeable or separate?

I don't know what "etheric" actually means, but I think people often use this word to describe the many things they see and way things happen spiritually when the actual mechanism is unknown to them. And light can mean a lot of different things as well. For instance, many of the alien races use some form of light as a technology to arrive and depart dimensions, which sometimes makes people describe the aliens as "etheric".

[edit on 11/23/2006 by EarthSister]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
EarthSister,

Wow. Thank you very much for your thought out responses.

I agree with everything you stated. That's a rare occurance.

I personally think this an extremely important discussion. I see how people are led into beliefs that may not be in their best interest and that concerns me. I've seen it over and over with many different alien communications. It seems to be a theme of trying to get people to believe that the alien's can control the soul.

I have heard of technology that may be able to contain the spirit. It may be possible to create a strong enough electro-magnetic field that could contain a spirit that wasn't advanced in knowledge enough to realize it could think it's way out. I understand the spirit to be the etheric or energy body. This body is created when a soul inhabits a physical body. It's also what people refer to as the aura. (from my understanding)

The soul is something outside of the physical/energy universe. It is from the true universe. It's frustrating sometimes to see how certain alien messages interchange the terms spirit and soul. This mentally takes away the free-will of people that may not understand there is a difference. To me it's quite sinister.

I agree with what you said about the light body. High vibrational energy appears as light. So again this can be used to confuse and get people into a belief that suits the aliens in question.

For clarity sake this is the current model that I have come to understand...

Spirit = Etheric = Energy (next step up from matter)

Soul = Light (outside of the matter/energy universe)

The other problem I see is that there is what we term light in 3d. But the Light of the Soul is far different and cannot be seen with human eyes. It makes it quite confusing when someone is trying to decode all the information.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Since I first started visiting ATS, I've always taken a lot of interest in EarthSister's posts. I know sometimes, someone will question her authenticity or legitimacy and demand that she provide proof for what she's saying... but to me, her words permeate a sense of truth and common sense and I think there's something to what she says and I enjoy her posts. I'll even sometimes just look up her name and see what she's posted lately and read it.

[edit on 24-11-2006 by firebat]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Appealing to angels and demons to explain your non-"religous" perspective is the same thing as appealing to angels and demons to explain your "religious" perspective, and if you ask me, they are both religious perspectives because that's all religion really is - having a perspective on what it all means. As such, even science can be said to be a religious perspective because it is explaining its position on what it all means and has a clear set of rules and regulations regarding its beliefs and applications (read "rituals").

I don't get this whole dichotomy of -- that's a religion, and this is not. hogwash, if you think you're the final authority on all things related to the afterlife, then you're the focus of the religious process. same thing. if the universe is random because you said so, ultimately, you're making yourself and your thoughts on the subject, the final authority, and once again, you become the religious focus. it's still religion. it's a religion that says "be kind to one another" and then turns around and calls more than half the planet, and billions of people down through the course of history, blooming idiots because they had a different focus for the meaning of it all. oh gosh, no prejudice there.

i don't mind telling ya from where i'm sitting, that approach is disingenious at best and downright degrading. the fact of the matter is, our ancestors left histories to help us understand our past, and we categorically deny it and call them delusional, engaging in nothing but metaphor, as if they couldn't tell the difference between a bunch of stars and a living, breathing being.

oh well, proceed with your "i'm better than "religious" people approach, even though you're religous. lol does that mean you're better than yourself?

[edit on 24-11-2006 by undo]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hello !
What is the ailen view on life after death? Is death the end or do we live on after death?

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
oh well, proceed with your "i'm better than "religious" people approach, even though you're religous. lol does that mean you're better than yourself?

I know all that. I put that in there for the benefit of the mods so they wouldn't move this thread to the religion forum. I wanted to specifically talk about aliens and since not everyone thinks aliens are demons, I provide the separation for others' sake.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arm Of Geddon

I know all that. I put that in there for the benefit of the mods so they wouldn't move this thread to the religion forum. I wanted to specifically talk about aliens and since not everyone thinks aliens are demons, I provide the separation for others' sake.

Ah, my apologies then. I wouldn't think they were all demons either. In fact, I don't think they are demons at all. Some may be fallen angels, perhaps, but perhaps not all. I think the terminology is irrelevant provided they can be shown to come from a similar extra-terrestrial place (et. al, space/heaven/sky/other dimension, etc). the rest is just hair-splitting ya know?

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Ah, my apologies then. I wouldn't think they were all demons either. In fact, I don't think they are demons at all. Some may be fallen angels, perhaps, but perhaps not all. I think the terminology is irrelevant provided they can be shown to come from a similar extra-terrestrial place (et. al, space/heaven/sky/other dimension, etc). the rest is just hair-splitting ya know?

No problem. I agree with the hair-splitting. The labels are rather meaningless.

top topics

join