It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple charge under patriot act for kissing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Yes they allegedly threatened the flight attendant , but is not proven yet, just the word of the attendant, and the supposedly uncomfortable passengers that didn't like the overly loving couple.

A federal complaint says the couple was "embracing kissing and acting in a manner that made other passengers uncomfortable." They were arrested because they allegedly threatened a flight attendant who told them to stop - something the couple denies.

Now what I will be following is how overly they were and how the allegedly threatening was about.

And how the patriot act will fit in all these.

Very simple.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
So basically, anytime you question authority, even in self defense, you can be charged with obstruction. Thats really brialliant. The Patriot Act has all the bases covered it seems.

PATRIOT ACT!

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I didn't read the entire thread but if the Patriot act gets used in this case, I will be all for abolishing the Patriot Act whether or not someone argues its needed to fight terrorism. It would obviously have become misused. In fact if the couple has already been charged via the Patriot Act, I believe the new democratic Congress should push to eliminate the Patriot Act. The abuse of power is already obvious.

If a new democratic president promises to eliminate the Patriotic Act, that would get my vote. If I were currently the President, I would make a phone call to strongly discourage anyone from abusing the Patriot Act and try to get these charges dropped to something minor. It's only going to cost votes. my two cents.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I say we should convert every available area into a concentration camp, convert every school bus into a "Patriot Act offender transport", and start throwing people behind barb wire for anything that doesn't please the insane people that consider Bush as a real president.

"YeeHaaa! Get in my cotton field you unpatriotic scum, and get to work!"

We should be vigilant, and keep doing it until we can officially call our country as the United Nazi States of Amnesia.

Don't forget about the absolutely essential 1-800 numbers that people can call to turn in their neighbors for "unpatriotic" behavior, like reading a book or something.

Then the Patriot Act will finally serve its purpose, it being total paranoia, hysteria and out right insanity.

Good God people, seriously, what is more REALISTIC, a guy that took more sleeping pills that he should have to sleep through the flight, or some terrorist perverts engaging in oral sex right there on the plane?

By the way, to the younger and less experienced members here, unless that guys girlfriend had her legs perched on top of headrest of the chair on front of her, it doesn't matter how long that guys tongue is, it's just not happening, so grow the hell up or get some.

The issue with the couples disagreement with the flight attended is also naturally explained.

Number one, how many people here took sleeping peels and woke up in the middle of sleep? Feels kind of groggy doesn't it? Achyness, tension, clouded head and so forth.

And on top of that, some idiot is saying something to the effect that it bothers people for the guy to have his head in his girls lap. And we call Muslims barbarians for having their women wear veils?

Do you people know that a nursing mother was kicked of the plane for breast feeding her child? The most sacred human act of a mother feeding a new life, is considered to be offensive by our society. How warped, distorted and PERVERTED is that?

How twisted does one have to be to think that a mother feeding her child is sexually offensive? How mentally SICK does one have to be to find a guys sleeping in his girls lap as offensive?

And people wonder why Europeans consider most Americans to be on the same evolutionary level as cows?

Let me put it this way, the next time somebody farts in the elevator, in order to perform my "patriotic" duties I'll scream for security claiming that person must be hiding a weapon of mass destruction in their anus, and that flatulence personally offends me because it comes out from what some people consider a sexual organ, so farting should be banned by the Patriot Act, and severe criminal penalties of up to 20 years should be handed out left and right.

And when that person gets completely astonished by such insanity,and becomes "verbal" with the above mentioned security, then he'll be thrown in jail for challenging authority, for the above mentioned 20 years.

Dictatorship anybody? Here it is, you're leaving right in it, so wake the hell up, or some day somebody will knock on your own door, to take you and your family to an interrogation room, where you'll be bulging your eyes and screaming that stuff like that should only happen in places Russia or China or something.

How's that you fools?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   

You have voted iskander for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Apparently iskander does not only know alot about weapon technologies. ;]

Very nice post; Resumes about everything i posted/thought about this charge but does it in a very sarcastic and still serious way.

Great.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
All the facts of this case still have yet to be made fully public; but there are a few things we do know: This couple was engaged in behavior that made the other passengers feel uncomfortable. Flight attendants are required to respond when that happens. The FA asked the couple to stop the behavior they were engaged in. At this point, if the couple had simply complied with the FA's instructions, this thread would not exist today. Apparently, the male half of the couple bacame verbally obstinant and abusive. At this point, they are "interfering with a crew member", and deserve whatever punishment comes their way.

Iskander's hyperbolic and meaningless diatribe aside; previous charges of this nature rarely led to anything more than a slap on the wrist. I, for one, welcome any punitive measure that puts teeth into charges levied against "self-loading baggage!!

"Ladies and Gentlemen; we'll be cruising at 35,000 feet. Now; Sit down; shut up; and enjoy your in-flight magazine!!"

THANK YOU PATRIOT ACT!!!

[edit on 26-11-2006 by Freedom_for_sum]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
okay. lets say:

- 4 years prison for a breastfeeding mother and her child. for making others feel uncomfortable.

- About 8 years prison for a kissing or sexually intercoursing couple for making others feel uncomfortable and not obeying to the new laws of the nazi-regime.

- I'd say about 50 years prison for use of cannabis and/or coc aine @ home.

- 20 years prison for obstrusion of a federal officer's highly efficient job.

- 3000 years prison for the killing of a repeated violator/child-abuser who got his hands on your own child, and did not get convicted due to highly efficient juridic standards.

- 10 years prison if you do not obey and get yourself implanted with an RFID chip.

- 1000 years prison for dealing with crack.

- 0 years prison for genocide, national drug-sales or global/national treason.

Sounds fair to me. Makes sense..

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
So basically, anytime you question authority, even in self defense, you can be charged with obstruction. Thats really brialliant. The Patriot Act has all the bases covered it seems.

PATRIOT ACT!

You have it exactly, xEphon. This is about questioning authority. It's what the Patriot Act was made for. It's the generic pot from which to dip when people behave in a manner that shows any independent thought or action. It's the blanket that can be used to throw over any person behaving in a way that could be construed as being "outside" the realm of control that the government is bringing us under.

20 years for making out on a plane? Under the Patriot Act? Yeah, this is Amerika, all right!

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by osram
- 4 years prison for a breastfeeding mother and her child. for making others feel uncomfortable.

How intelligent you are to equate the natural and beautiful act of a woman feeeding her child to......the erotic behavior of this couple on the aircraft.

The flight attendants I know would simply explain to the "offended passengers" that this mother has the right to feed her child and offer an empty seat elsewhere (excluding first class of course) on the aircraft. Failing that; the "offended passenger" would have the right to complain upon landing. Simple....Solved.....No Patriot Act required here--unless the offended passenger became obsitnant!!

- About 8 years prison for a kissing or sexually intercoursing couple for making others feel uncomfortable and not obeying to the new laws of the nazi-regime.

I suggest that if you don't like the "nazi regime" (interesting you're comparing a brutal regime responsible for the murder of 6 million people to flight attendents who are simply trying to keep order) that you take the train next time.

- I'd say about 50 years prison for use of cannabis and/or coc aine @ home.

THREAD HIJACK ALERT!!!! These drugs were illegal long before the Patriot Act.

- 20 years prison for obstrusion of a federal officer's highly efficient job.

[[Sigh]] I suppose that depends on the nature of the charge and a jury/judge.

- 3000 years prison for the killing of a repeated violator/child-abuser who got his hands on your own child, and did not get convicted due to highly efficient juridic standards.

- 10 years prison if you do not obey and get yourself implanted with an RFID chip.

- 1000 years prison for dealing with crack.

- 0 years prison for genocide, national drug-sales or global/national treason.

Sounds fair to me. Makes sense..

Another artist of hyperbole. Funny thing: When left-wingers lose the ability to make logical arguments they lose all sense of reason and resort to extreme exageration that is both irrelevent and meaningless.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
You have it exactly, xEphon. This is about questioning authority. It's what the Patriot Act was made for.

20 years for making out on a plane? Under the Patriot Act? Yeah, this is Amerika, all right!

If you're going to argue about generalities of the Patriot Act; find or create the thread where you can do that. This thread is about this couple's behavior on the airplane (interfering with a crew member--not the "erotic" behavior they were doing).

While on an aircraft, unless you're asking for a beverage or the like YOU DON'T QUESTION AUTHORITY. Passengers in general have no clue about the sorts of things that can put their, and others', safety at risk. I'd like to emphasize that while flying, you're moving along in an alluminum tube at approximately 500 MPH at an altitude where you would pass out in less than 30 seconds if exposed; and the only thing separating you from this kinetic mayhem is a few micrometers of sheetmetal and /or plastic. While many believe flight attendants are only there to serve you drinks, they have been specifically trained for the purpose of maintaining safety in the cabin. As a crew member OR a passenger my hope is that any obstinant/abusive passenger would be removed from the flight and charged.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'd like to add to this discussion a couple rhetorical questions: What would you do if I and my girlfriend came over to your house and started engaging in erotic/sexual behavior, in front of your family and friends, in your living room floor?

Would you:

A) Ask us to stop?
B) Ask us to leave?
C) Call the police if we didn't comply?
D) All of the above?

If the police had to be called, what charge do you think would be appropriate?

A) Trespassing
B) Lewd and luscivious behavior
C) Delinquency of a minor (if there were children present)
D) All of the above

Would you complain about the laws under which we are charged and proclaim them as too severe?

Just because you paid for that seat, for that flight, doesn't mean it's yours to do anything you want while sitting in it; especially argue with crew members!!

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Still the couple only fault was to question authority and defend themselves from what they demeed to be wrong under their word that they were no doing anything

Now since when in the US questioning authority for defense crime under the patriot act.

Well it seems that has become one since the patriot act was enacted.

Puting your head on your girls lap becasue you don't feel right, or been overly loving and deniying allegations of unpleasant sexual behaviour is what is all about here in the case of this couple.

Now, when you have people around that can feel uncomfortable with affection when around others, or the way people pray, dress or talk . . .

And abuses are showing too often to be random cases, and the patriot act is used as an excused . . . then people. .. we have some problems and need to be addressed.

Because obviously they are getting out of control.

What you don't seem to see is how people can abuse the powers under this patriot act and used at will even if they were all along in the wrong and the other side was not.

This is very serious.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_for_sum
If you're going to argue about generalities of the Patriot Act; find or create the thread where you can do that. This thread is about this couple's behavior on the airplane (interfering with a crew member--not the "erotic" behavior they were doing).

Check the title and the Original Post of this thread. The Patriot Act and its usage for various 'offenses' are named in both. If you think this thread is about the couple's behavior, that just tells me where your priorities lie. This thread is in fact about the Patriot Act and its use for erroneous behaviors.

And I'll post what I like. If you can't deal with it, tell a mod.

I'd like to emphasize that while flying, you're moving along in an alluminum tube at approximately 500 MPH at an altitude where you would pass out in less than 30 seconds if exposed; and the only thing separating you from this kinetic mayhem is a few micrometers of sheetmetal and /or plastic.

And you're trying to tell me what this thread's about and to stay on topic???

What would you do if I and my girlfriend came over to your house and started engaging in erotic/sexual behavior, in front of your family and friends, in your living room floor?

If you kissed or made out and then fell asleep in her lap, I'd not do a thing. I'm not all hung up on the "nastiness" of sexual behavior like many people are. But I can ASSURE you that the Patriot Act, something created supposedly to keep us safe from terrorists, would not be invoked. (I know you said it was rhetorical, but I wanted to answer, anyway.)

How intelligent you are to equate the natural and beautiful act of a woman feeeding her child to......the erotic behavior of this couple on the aircraft.

A. How sad that you don't see embracing and kissing between two consenting adults as also a beautiful thing...

And B. from the original source:

A federal complaint says the couple was "embracing kissing and acting in a manner that made other passengers uncomfortable."

"Erotic behavior"?? Embracing and kissing?? That's just sad, man...

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
marg6043;

I have difficulty following the way you write....

Originally posted by marg6043
Still the couple only fault was to question authority and defend themselves

Defend themselves from what, exactly? A flight attendant asking them to stop their behavior?

Originally posted by marg6043
Now since when in the US questioning authority for defense crime under the patriot act.

It isn't. Interfering with a crew member is. And just so we're on the same page: Here is an article that describes the man's behavior toward the flight attendant

According to court documents, flight attendants saw Persing and Sewell kissing, embracing and "acting in a manner that made other passengers uncomfortable" while the plane was stopped in Phoenix.

Whatever they were doing the other passengers were uncomfortable with it. Flight crews don't want passengers/customers uncomfortable. A relaxed/comfortable environment in the aircraft is what crewmebers strive to achieve.

A flight attendant asked them to stop. They obeyed initially but resumed the behavior during the flight from Phoenix to Raleigh, authorities said.

They were asked once, apparently politely, because they complied with the attendant's request to stop. Despite the request, they continued their behavior and resumed their inappropriate behavior.

When the flight attendant again requested them to stop, Persing allegedly told the flight attendant: "I'm going to give you one warning to get out of my face."

....or else what?!?---is the question that's begging to be asked. If I heard a passenger utter these words, I would be very concerned!!

Persing and Sewell continued the verbal harassment after a flight attendant refused to serve Persing alcohol, according to court documents.

This man threatened the flight attendant which is utterly unacceptable!!! He should consider himself lucky he didn't get bound for the remainder of the flight. It's my hope that they get punished severely for it.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

A federal complaint says the couple was "embracing kissing and acting in a manner that made other passengers uncomfortable."

"Erotic behavior"?? Embracing and kissing?? That's just sad, man...

You're not even properly interpretting the "external source" your quoting. So I will do that for you:

"A federal complaint says the couple was "embracing kissing and acting in a manner that made other passengers uncomfortable.""

Bold added for emphasis. What you're not acknowledging here is this man was either attempting to perform or simulating performing, oral sex on his girl friend. Can you, at the very least, acknowldege that this behavior is inappropriate on an airliner?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
oh, sure, erotic behaviour
iskander already said what to make of it

are you really that dense? that's not what it's all about, ffs. *IF* you happened to spill your some acidized sugar syrup (how's that for newspeak? =?) on the floor or elsewhere AND the next guy got blamed for it by the steward/ess (you'd of course be a correct peon and fall deaf), AND he'd try to explain that he didn't even have a drink to spill, THEN the poor s.o.b. would get threatened pretty much the same way for

*drumroll*

contesting the infallibility of the nearest uniformed power-lover.

that's apparently 'worth' 20 years in your system, if you like it, you're already adequately punishing yourself, so i'll stop right here.

PS: 'self-loading cargo' huh? let me try an analogy: if someone got shot at would you call that person a 'self-propellant target' ? this notion is less humerous, isn'r it? just as it, imho, should be because it shows much more clearly how depraved and cynical such terms really are.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

What you're not acknowledging here is this man was either attempting to perform or simulating performing, oral sex on his girl friend.

No, I'm not acknowledging that because you're the only one who has claimed that. The article says nothing of the sort.

This couple looks to be in their 30s. If they want to have oral (or any other kind of) sex, they could do it at home. They're not some love-starved teen couple trying to steal a quickie.

Even if it did look like oral sex, if it wasn't, then these other uncomfortable people need to mind their own freaking business. IF the man was simply taking a nap as he claims, then people have to get their minds out of the gutter and get a life! Turn the other way.

Too many times people think they have a right not to be offended by others' actions, even if their perceptions of others' actions is incorrect!

And as regards some passengers feeling uncomfortable... Too bad. When babies cry, I feel uncomfortable. When people snore, I feel uncomfortable. When children spat, I feel uncomfortable. There are just certain things that people have to either ignore or deal with when spending time with other people in society. Some people get uncomfortable with boys whose underwear shows above their pants. No matter WHAT a person does, someone else is going to be uncomfortable. Too bad.

Legislating behavior based on people's 'uncomfortableness' is the stupidest and most invasive thing I've heard.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Too many times people think they have a right not to be offended by others' actions,

This is the only thing you've said I agree with.

You have no idea whether this couple was engaging in aiappropriate behavior. I only know what has been reported on and knowing what I know about flight attendants; I give them the benefit of the doubt.

In any case; this is NOT about what the couple was doing. If it were, they would have been in trouble from the begining. They got in trouble AFTER defying and threatening a flight crewmember. In your world that may be acceptable. In mine--it's not.

And you still refuse to acknowledge that oral sex in the public's view, whether real or simulated, is inappropriate behavior. This is precisely what they were "doing". Go do your own research. Saying that he was "napping" in her lap is simply a lawyer talking to save his client!!

Let's see: Yes your honor; we were embracing and kissing when I suddenly felt the urge to take a nap and place my head between her legs!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
anything you do on an airplane carries a 20 years of jailtime, ok, whatever.

When they extend their arbitrary zones of control, people will have been groomed enough to accept that, too, apparently, all for reasons of security, of course. this is no longer a slippery slope, you've long ago fallen off the ledge.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well it seems that they denied the reason from what they were accused, the fight attendant made a case of it or at least told them to stop whatever they were doing, is not clear if the reason was indecent or just overly loving and some may have gotten uncomfortable.

However, when confronted, it seems that the couple . . . like anybody confronted with something that is not true, the couple defended themselves, but with the powers given to fight attendants they can label anything they can.

That is when the fight attendant took it as an assault on her or something like that.

However, when you look at what they will be charge with it makes it difficult to understand from where the patriot act may have to come in place.

Now how can the patriot act has to do with embracing, kissing . . . and how can that bee offensive

Now the confrontation may have arises if they were accused of something they were not guilty off, even I will question the accuser.

So, how bad was the confrontation and what the attendant may have say or do is something that we are just speculating.

Including how erotic is for you or me in our own views a loving act?

Now . . . What the patriot act has to do with this?

Actually nothing at all and is nothing more than an overkill because perhaps it was nothing more they could have got them for.

See.

I see it as a misused of the patriot act because the fight attendant can do it.

Like many has posted, How uncomfortable you have to feel for a flight attendant to question a person and for that other person defend themselves without been label and charge under the patriot act?

So it seems that the accuser is right and the accuse is not, depending on which side the fight attendant may be.

I think that abuse has been used here with the patriot act.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by marg6043]

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join