It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple charge under patriot act for kissing?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I don't think anyone is accusing them of being terrorists!

Like spacedoubt pointedd out, it's just the USA Patriot Act updated laws governing air travel and did increase the maximum punishment for anyone who disrupts a flight. You can't write a law saying "you only are affected by this is you're a terrorst" that doesn't really make any sense.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The man told the flight attendant he was going to report him to his supervisor on the ground, and as a result the flight attendant appeared to get vindictive - hence the trumped up charges.

The flight attendant says he was threatened.

Yeah, he was threatened all right, but not in a "I'm gonna pound your face in" kind of way, rather, in a "I'm going to report you to your superior if you don't leave me alone, can't you see I'm sick?!" kind of way.

That's my understanding of the situation.

Finally, I think it's illogical to 'blame al-qaeda' for the current state of America. Al-qaeda didn't enact all these laws and get increasingly draconian towards its own citizens, America did. Blaming al-qaeda for the current state of America is like saying we had no choice but to go insane.

That's nonsense.

If you smack your wife around and then justify it by saying she dropped a plate, you're missing a key element in the equation - your ability to NOT overreact.

Can you dig it?

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
But Patriot act charges?, I think they should be charged but bringing the patriot act is an over kill, and misused of the patriot act itself and the purpose of it.

I do not think of it as over kill, all they did was stream line the laws all into one which makes it easier to file charges.

Kind of like years ago they only had DWI charges for drunk drivers. Those laws were changed to read DUI to include those driving under the influence of drugs.

Edit: Gee now I wish I had read the whole thread first. DJ beat me too it

[edit on 11/23/2006 by shots]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Talking exclusively with INSIDE EDITION, Carl said he was on medication, and rested his head in dawn's lap to sleep, and what looked like hot and heavy sex was really just a nap.

Hold on a Minute - is resting your head in your partners lap the same as having SEX?

I mean some of those flight attendants have Really gotten too much of this Power, and are acting as complete nazi officers, pointing fingers at anyone that does not follow the rules. But the problem is, that this couple DID follow the rules, and they did NOT have Sex in the plane seats, the guy just put his head in the lap of his girl!

So the federal complaint says that they were:

"embracing kissing and acting in a manner that made other passengers uncomfortable."

So, how exactly is that a Crime punishable by 20 years in prison?

Well if we read on, we see that they were arrested because they ALLEGEDLY threatened a flight attendant who told them to stop. But the couple denies that. So who do we belive?

The flight attendants, who are becoming Drunk with Power, which they now have under new federal laws on airplanes?

Or the couple, who was flying with Southwest Airlines, who like to call themselves th "LUV" airlines, which were just doing what ever couple in love CAN do?

But I guess everybody is a Terrorist these days...

Go figure.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
All the people tolerating such a type of charge must be incredibly imbecile.

You are exactly the type of people pointing @ others all the time, and believing in the new BS nazi laws which have been implemented.

But when one day you are the victims of law... and no one defends you or your family.. then you might start realizing that it would be better to have a little bit of compassion and being able to interpret how others might be feeling in a really bad situation. Like that you might actually be able to find out if something is GOOD or BAD for the regular citizen. Sounds simple, isnt it?

We live in a world where even love is forbidden. Even if they had sexual inter-course.. to be honest, even in the middle of the seats... they should not be charged severely.

What is the reasoning? ---> Others feel incomfortable. Sorry but this is just ridiculous. Table-Manners are more important than human rights? Kissing or sex is in no way a danger.

If the flight attendant reminds him of the rules, and the husband feels offended because some moron disallows him to love his wife/gf.. he should be able to express what he feels about it.

People believe in too much morally incorrect, and absolutely irrelevant poo.

Experts were shocked when they noticed that this law will probably pass. But many people still don't realize what it actually means. Because "Unlawful Enemy Combatant" and similar definitions can be used by the administration in every way they want to. It's a very wide definition.

Believe it or not: This is the only truth. There are not 10 different realities. Use common sense and be honorable and morally responsable. Open that pair of eyes and ears you got.

Many socially-involved people even believe in some actually unimportant "Oh behave!" manners.. on the other hand Mass-Murderers.. National Treachers and all of that scum is still walking around freely. While human rights are stripped off of us. And private National Banks have been made possible with very dirty methods since about one century. (Still the majority doesn't dig it at all.)

And the people tolerating such a charge still believing in christianism, roman-catholic society, school education/manipulation (teachers psychologically damaging defenseless children for improved social submission), social behavior rules and manners.. et cetera.

This kind of things makes me so angry. Seeing extremely stupid and blind people still posting incredible bizarre and gross statements even on our beloved ATS.

The following statement is absolutely hypothetical and should not be taken personal.. but some statements provoque so much anger; If someone would really answer me with such inelaborate and retarded and blind utterings in real life i would certainly feel the urge to break someone's nose.

Because apparently this is the only language stupid people understand.

Pain.

[edit on 23-11-2006 by osram]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
I do not think of it as over kill, all they did was stream line the laws all into one which makes it easier to file charges.

At first I've wanted to argue with you about this, but then I've read the title of Patriotic Act.

H.R.3162
Title: To deter and punish terrorist acts in the United States and around the world, to enhance law enforcement investigatory tools, and for other purposes.
Source

What a nasty piece of legislature.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif

They were told to stop more than once and they didn't.

I didn't see anything in the article that said that. Do you have other information that we don't?

I used to be a flight attendant in the late 70's and early'80's. Back then even, it was a federal offense to interfere with a flight attendant's duties. People were always having sex in the passenger seats. Yes, it most certainly can be done, all you have to do is lift up the armrests between the seats and throw a blanket over yourselves, which admittedly doesn't really hide what's going on. But the way we dealt with it was to quietly ask them to stop. They always did. Some of them didn't bother with a blanket, so we'd just walk up and throw a blanket over them sometimes if it was at night, dark and the plane was somewhat empty. Whatever this couple was doing, it doesn't mention that they were actually having sex, they were kissing and maybe fondling. Sounds like the FA asked them to stop and they denied being intimate except for "some kissing"; they then argued with the FA. Now, here is where the FA should have gotten the captain to come and talk to the couple. Unless he's dealing with totally insane passengers, the captain almost always is able to handle the situation, just the fact of having the captain come back to talk to you is intimidating enough.

But it doesn't even sound like he interfered with the FA's duties, he was just trying to defend himself and that's not illegal. I would have to say that probably this happened due to the FA making bad decisions and overreacting.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
People have to realize that air travel has changed forever because of 9/11. Don't blame the Patriot Act, blame al Qaeda.

Nonsense! Dont blame Al Quaida for our moral ineptitudes...I could care less if they were knee deep into procreation on that plane! 9/11 or no 9/11 that couple most likely would have been doing exactly the same thing, and the same argument would have ensued, and the PUNISHMENT should ALWAYS fit the crime!

What's next huh? You leave your shade drawn while in bed with your wife or husband and get tossed in the joint for 10 years for "cultural terrorism" or "endangerment of national moral exactness" ?

Let's start placing blame WHERE it belongs, right on our doorstep. If we conclude that indeed this couple deserves to be incarcerated, as a group of their peers, then clearly WE need help, and lots of it and we should ALL find ourselves guilty of "constitutional terrorism".

AB1

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Ive already meintioned on how the the patriot act violates are amendments. just in case nobody knew that, This is ridiculous we need to do somthing about this. The government has way too much power, did you know that they can detain you and take you away to a foriegn place and wouldnt have to say a word to anyone for suspecting of domestic terrorism.
But its OK as long as you have a TV or computer to distract you sheep then everything will be fine. because nobody wants to do a damn thing about the seriousness of the issues going on in America and how corrupt it is. if you actually feel like doing the right thing, which I bet knowone will do because they're sheep is spread videos about how the government needs to be changed. Like going on too youtube and spread the videos to as many people as possible so they'll get an idea of whats happening and then maybe they'll get as pissed off as me and the people will take a stand instead of whats happening now which is unacceptable. am very sure you'll find videos concerning this extremely important issue. But i bet knowbody might not even take the time to aknowledge my reply. We need to take action not just complain about this. WAKE UP AMERICA, If you were to do what i said that will surley do somthing which in turn will build up more and more till somthing is happening about this. Make it a big deal like it is and change should come, ive made replys just like this 4or 5 times So please takes this into consideration and take action against this Unfairness.
WAKE UP AMERICA

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
When the hell was the last time the government has ever done somthing good for us people besides passing laws that violate are amendment and impose taxes on us, which by the way they get through an outright unfair way through a black budget for there black projects, which is only one of the many ways they get there money. O yea that sounds as fair as they can get. somthing good for us instead of paying and using billions of $ on war which is BS, like fixing schools and improving quality in life on the streets is what a good country would do. The people tolerate this by eithier not knowing about this, which is another important factor on why this is going on and 2) they are sheep and wont do anything about it much like the majority who does know about this. We need to let themknoe that this has gone on long enough and we the people will not stand for this form of government dictatorship. if you think this country is a democracy you seriously need to be slapped hard.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I don't think anyone is calling this couple "terrorists." The fact that they were charged under the Patriot Act doesn't make them "terrorists." Yes, the Patriot Act was enacted to combat terrorism. But it doesn't mean that if you're charged under one of its provisions that you are automatically a terrorist. Just as a businessman being charged under a RICO statute doesn't make him a "mobster", even though such laws were enacted to help fight organized crime.

I think any normal person would agree that it is inappropriate to engage in sexual acts of anykind on an airplane. There were probably children on this flight, but that is irrelevant. If these folks were asked to cease such activity and refused, then they should be charged. And if there is no criminal law that provides the authorities with the means to properly charge them, then I don't mind them using something from the Patriot Act. It really doesn't matter to me which laws or legislation is used when prosecuting those who break the law, as long as the charges and the punishment are fair.

To those who say that having sex on a plane is no different than having sex anywhere else, I completely disagree. Order must be maintained on flights at all times. People having sex on a flight causes dissorder and serves as a distraction. For all we know, in this day and age, such a distraction could be implimented by terrorists to aid them in a hijacking. Flight attendants, and/or Air Marshalls, shouldn't have to waste their time and be distracted dealing with a couple who refuses to stop engaging in inappropriate behavior. It's not fair to the other passengers who rely on these folks for their comfort and safety.

I'm not saying this couple should be thrown in jail. But they certainly need to understand the importance of good behavior while in flight or even at an airport. People are nervous enough flying these days. It's not fair to them to have these kinds of distractions.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I think any normal person would agree that it is inappropriate to engage in sexual acts of anykind on an airplane. There were probably children on this flight, but that is irrelevant.

Excuse me Mister, how is Laying Your Head in Your Partners LAP, while you are feelings SICK of Medications, while Flying on an Airplane, an Inappropriate or Sexual Act, which is disturbing for general public? So when little children climb into the arms of their mommies and dads on airplanes, does that make their parents Pedophiles?

Please...

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Their sex act could have been a way of misleading people that they were actually terrorists and were hiding explosives in their genital regions.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Their sex act could have been a way of misleading people that they were actually terrorists and were hiding explosives in their genital regions.

Yeah Man!

And Monkeys Might Fly Out of my Butt!

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

you might just have 30 oz of C4 in your head and a fuse in your mouth, so it's safer to chop your melon off and mail it. (by ship or truck).

you say that's nonsense because your the brain is necessary? rubbish, it's been disproven (clickable)

might, could have been.... uh oh. the noes.

[edit on 23-11-2006 by Long Lance]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
wyrde one if you werent a MOD you would be up 1 WATS right now. Thats EXACTLY how I feel about the situation, good job

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I don't think anyone is accusing them of being terrorists!

Like spacedoubt pointedd out, it's just the USA Patriot Act updated laws governing air travel and did increase the maximum punishment for anyone who disrupts a flight. You can't write a law saying "you only are affected by this is you're a terrorst" that doesn't really make any sense.

But having the same penalty for someone who is caught having sex as someone who attempts to cause a scene of terror? The consequence is what this thread should be about ... not whether or not they were wrong (they were ... that is unappropriate behavior for an airplane). Unless I misread something about the possible penalties ...

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Still is their word against the word of the attendants and the com paining passengers for too much kissing? that may look like sex.

But Patriot act charges?, I think they should be charged but bringing the patriot act is an over kill, and misused of the patriot act itself and the purpose of it.

Exactly marg, it's their word against everybody else's. Chances are they're going to loose, of course the accused are either going to lie or tell the truth, if they're guilty, their going to lie. Both of them to cover up their hides.

I'll take the words of everybody else thank you.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Zer Vill be no lovink on zee Auueeepleeeeneee. Zieg! Show Yer Paperz.

They obviously weren't flying Air France.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

But the kissing and been overly intimate deserve the posiblility of 20 years in prison?

NO !!!!!!

the "sex act " real or imagined is not the reason they will be charged ,

it is for agrueing over what happened , and excalating an argument with the crew afterwards

sex on a plane , real or imagined is not a patrot act offence - escallating an argument with the crew is .

they should have kept their silly yaps shut , what could the crew do about an aledged sex act , throw them off the plane ???

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join